Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Quite honestly Pyxis, from what I have learnt about psychopaths they wouldn't give themselves away that easily. They are very good at blending in a lot of the time and not standing out in any way that could make their condition obvious, if it was true I would fully expect a psychopath to force down sweet foods even if they hated them to manipulate how they are viewed. Again, like with schizophrenics we hear about the ones who commit huge crimes, there are others with psychopathic diagnoses that live in the community who might just be viewed as a bit cold but that's all.

A problem with a lot of these theories is they only look at small percentage of the population, thinking about it how many psychopaths are going to admit to being one for the sake of research especially with the stigma attached? I tend to take these things with a large pinch of salt, the only test I believe might have some validity is the Myers-Briggs scale and even that can't be taken too rigidly.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    That sounds like a great day faerie! It really is just so lovely to hear about how well you're doing (although of course, please feel free to keep on posting if the odd bad day comes around!) We love hearing from you however things are going :D

I made myself do a scary social (ish) thing last night too.... and I chatted with two taxi drivers last week which is so far out of my comfort zone it's unbelievable.
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    OMG! OMG!

Are you nuts? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mind you, I suppose it's only like GoApe, only higher?

NO! It's much worse! Vertical handholds? :eek: :eek:

Are you on a safety line the whole time?,

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Most definitely!! :eek: On Saturday night when I was in bed trying to get to sleep, I was still getting the sensation of tipping backwards, and kept on jolting myself awake with visions of not being clipped on! :eek:

It was really good though, I really enjoyed it! Considering I don't really like heights, I surprised myself by not really being scared. They say not to look down, but my thing is not to look up, as that is what sends me all woozy!

I think the best way to approach it is not to think about it too much, because if you do, you'll make yourself worse. So my approach was to just jump in and go first....there's a number of reasons for doing that....1, I haven't got to hang around and wait and overthink things, 2, I can't see everyone else struggle and/or get frightened, 3, I get to the end of each bit first, and can have a longer rest, and 4, nobody is holding me up and therefore I'm not hanging on longer than I need to be! Just plough on and get it done!

The only bit that freaked me a little bit was the gully part (in the photo on the website before the bridge) as the rungs were further apart, you felt more exposed, and it was hard to hang on with one hand whilst unclipping, so you had to loop your arm through.

The bit I enjoyed the most was the Burma Bridge, which again surprised me, as I thought that might have freaked me out, but whilst you are up there, you don't feel as high up as you actually are, and it's actually quite funny when it tips when other people get on at the same time....difficult to right yourself though, hence the bruises on my arms! I'm covered in them, and my legs too.

I think of I'd read the stats before hand though, I might not have been that keen on doing it, as apparently it's 2 x The Shard, 9 times Big Ben and 7 times the Big One roller coaster! :eek:

45BC1E81-A5D7-42E5-90B4-C4401482E5AC_zpsus8rprnu.jpg
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    That's fab news Faerie! :D

WaS, it's awesome you're getting on so well with your cousin, and finding out so much about your family history!

Tea, well done! :)
  • tea_lover
    Options
    Haha Georgie! That is immensely impressive stuff.... am now genuinely laughing out loud that I was proud of myself for talking to a taxi driver when you've gone all Bear Grylls! :rotfl:
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Very impressed GG. I get dizzy just thinking about what you did! :eek:

I seem to have spent every weekend in the last month chopping stuff down in the garden and taking it down the tip. Definitely awarding myself a weekend off from the garden next weekend!
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It sounds like you've all been a very brave bunch this weekend!!

Faerie - I'm glad you had a good time at the centre

Tea - well done for scary social stuff

Georgie - I'm not sure whether I'm more terrified on your behalf or impressed!!

WaS - I hope your head's feeling better now.

Ono - well done on the gardening, it sounds like you've definitely earnt yourself a weekend off.
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    Haha Georgie! That is immensely impressive stuff.... am now genuinely laughing out loud that I was proud of myself for talking to a taxi driver when you've gone all Bear Grylls! :rotfl:

Grrrrrrr!

Lol! Don't worry, I won't be drinking my own urine or anything like that! :rotfl:

Seriously though (hopefully without sounding patronising, because I really don't mean it that way), every achievement is a big thing to the person who's done it, and what you did, is also a very scary thing too IMO.

Thanks Ono and Izzy :) I'm seriously impressed with myself too (especially after watching some YouTube videos and going "what the hell!!"....I'll be dining out on it for weeks lol! :rotfl: I won't really of course, but I know someone who won't shut up about it....my uncle, as he does tend to obsess about things, and he'll be telling everyone all about it, and how he was meant to be looking after me, but I ended up looking after him and his sister and the poor woman who came along and thought we were doing something else....poor wee thing was like a frightened little mouse, she was shaking so bad. But good on her, she did it. :T

Enjoy your well earned reward of a weekend off Ono :beer:
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    Forgot to say Pyxis, I just LOVE that cabinet, I want one!! My Dad's grandfather or great-grandfather was into all that Apothecary, and I reckon something must have filtered down the genes, because my Dad was in to it, my Aunty is, and I love it too. I have quite a few different cabinets, sets of drawers with lots of little drawers in, all over the house.
  • tea_lover
    Options
    That cabinet is lovely isn't it? I do love little sets of drawers and the like... I think it appeals to the 'orderer' in me :D

Major motivational problems this afternoon. Have a big meeting with my boss on Wednesday and absolutely have to get things done before then.... and absolutely haven't even started.

Have also got a flute lesson tonight and have done naff all since last week..... am not feeling particularly down, just really cba to do any of the useful things that I know I should be doing.

May have to investigate those productivity apps lambyr!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback