Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Georgiegirl256
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    That cabinet is lovely isn't it? I do love little sets of drawers and the like... I think it appeals to the 'orderer' in me :D
    !

Me too!

I'm a bit like that today tea, so haven't got any useful tips or advice to motivate you....think I need one of those apps too!

Just remembered I've got a blood test and my flu jab later on....the nurse is going to think I'm a battered wife the state of my arms! :rotfl:
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,767 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 September 2016 at 6:51PM
    Options
    I'm about to have a small rant.

Having yet again read that vaccinations are the source of all evil, and I quote "responsible for all sorts of issues such as fits seizures epilepsy autism etc. There is absolutely tons of info out there on the nets if you google it"

Now I know there have been medical !!!! ups and cover ups over the years, but to refuse any vaccinations on the grounds of internet misinformation does wind me up. Show me a scientific peer reviewed paper, and I'll consider it. Otherwise you get the likes of Andrew Wakefield causing immeasurable damage by scaring the life out of people with unfounded unscientfic allegations. What is it with it's online so it must be true?

And breathe.
    As you were.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • faerielight
    Options
    Thanks guys so much.. you are all sosupportive of me :) Can I ask again, how do you post photos on here? I've uploaded some of my adult colourings to photobucket I'd love to share them here, but not sure how!

Elsein..I see both sides of the vaccination coins.. I was persueded to have 3 Hepatitis vaccines as at the time I was wqorking as an Acupuncturist, (ears) for a drug detox centre, in case I got a needle stick injury, it was a big mistake, it bombed my immune system and caused my M.E, I caught glandular fever and never recovered. The stupid thing was, that the vaccines didn't even work and I had no immunity to hap virus! The other thing that I found out years later by talking to a nurse and then looking it up online, was that the batch I had, contained way too high levels of mercury and loads of people got chronically ill with immune issues, and a lot of them sued. Having those jabs was a mistake that cost me my health and my career
    However, because I now have terrible immune issues with M.E, I Have to have the flu jab and the pneumonia jabs so I can def see both sides. .
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    Fab news, faerie. Real real progress (and more importantly, you sound to be enjoying life so much more!)

Also fab news from WaS - I'm DELIGHTED you are getting on so well with your cousin. Soooo wonderful for you to have some family!

Totally with you there, elsien. Show me the RCTs and peer reviews and I am open to argument :D
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Faerie, I know how to do it from an iPad, but that is a bit different from using a desktop .

If you have an iPad, I can post you the instructions.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 19 September 2016 at 8:30PM
    Options
    thanks Pyxis.. I've got a PC though :) thanks izadora and Jobbing, I am enjoying life a teeny bit more :)
    I do feel sad today though, it was my last session with my housing worker, we never talked about housing much, and didn't accomplish my mission to get a coucil flat, but we always put the world to right, and I really felt like I had a soul connection with her, and she did with me.. I get that so rarely, but we def had that spiritual connection, and she brought out a part of me that I thought was dead and buried, my magical, wondrous side. It was a real gift, and she is a really special person who I willhold in my heart. She was sad too and she cried, she always said how much she enjoyed my company and coming to my home. I hate endings, especially with a worker I had a rapport with.. BPD and endings don't go well together!
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Huge hugs Faerie, your housing worker will always remember you as you will her. You will both have taken something positive away from your time together. I had a DID therapist who used to cry sometimes, it totally freaked me out at first but she was quick to reassure me that it was ok that she cried and it was only because she cared. I remember a hypnosis session when she had been talking to my littlest one about her bad memories and when I came back and opened my eyes my therapist had tears streaming down her face. It was her first experience of working with DID, guided my psychiatrist who was also present, and she said she didn't realise the little one would actually seem so young and helpless. She also cried when we said goodbye, we both hugged and were both crying. I have very fond memories of her to this day as you will always have of your worker.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Faerie, from a PC you go to Photobucket, pick the photo that you want and there will then be 4 boxes to the right of the picture, under "Share this photo". Click on the one next to IMG and it should show "copied". You then just past this into your post (right click and choose paste or Ctrl+V) and when you submit it will show the picture. Make sure your photobucket account doesn't have your real name against it though as, even if you have it set to private, it will show up if anyone clicks the photo.

90728761-0dc1-47f7-9b5a-701985980346_zpstrvjrxie.jpg
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Sexist rant alert.... there's a big meeting on at work today so the place is much busier than usual. When I got in there was a guy sitting at the empty desk opposite me, he said hello, nothing else... all good. A bit later I went in the kitchen and he was in there... brief nod of acknowledgement. Then another bloke came in, first guy introduces himself, asks who the other guy is, which department he works in etc (so it wasn't like he knew him) Apparently he was worthy of talking to and getting to know, and I wasn't.

Rude.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Haha, no he's at least 60 and seems to have no problem speaking to anyone above a certain pay grade! Just amusing that he seems to be assuming my pay grade based on my gender.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback