PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Does anyone want to join me waiting for new build to be built and complete

Options

Comments

• ap1985
    ap1985 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    clur84 wrote: »
    Hello to all the new people,
    H Gunter we have been given may/june to complete too so will be doing things around the same time!

Full Mortgage application submitted today by our broker so nervously waiting the decision!

Has anyone been reading up on the leasehold articles that have been in the news recently? The house we want is leasehold with a ground rent of £300 I am going to make sure I talk to the soliciter to look at and explain all the clauses on this. Not sure if ours is a little different as we are buying through the affordable housing scheme offered by our local council

Hi Clur, yes all this leasehold stuff is so worrying. It is good you have been told the house you're looking at is leasehold I've heard some people don't get told or don't read their contracts. Luckily ours is not. But I would highly recommend you get your solicitor to explain everything to you x
    :jFinally going to be a homeowner:T
  • tootiemac
    Options
    So i think we're out of the game. :(

We were using persimmons "home change" which effectively markets and sells our current property for us at an agreed price.

We had to 2 agents out to value the property on behalf of persimmons and 1 agent on our behalf (just out of interest).

The personal valuation came in a £75-80K with a go to market price of £70K and the hopes of getting £1-2K on that. :T just where we wanted to be.

The 2 agents on behalf of persimmons came in with valuations of £65K to sell and £55K to sell :eek: how can there be such a huge difference at this end of the market.

We've told Persimmons that we cannot and will not go on the market with a view of selling for any less than £70K. the sales lady said she would take this back tot he "office" but that the office highly doubt we'd achieve that much.

our Home report value 3 years ago was £75K so i cant see that it would have gone down any.
  • clur84
    clur84 Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    Oh no tootiemac really sorry to hear that. That does seem an absurd amount of difference. I hope to get some answers as to why it is so much.

We are still waiting on a mortgage decision the wait and anxiety is driving me bonkers. I am still sight stalking when possible and dying to start looking for homewear!

Hows everyone else getting on? Anyone else with a more positive update to spur us on?
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    tootiemac we were originally going with barratt move maker scheme before selling ourselves and buying a Persimmon home - they tried to fob us off with a ridiculous valuation and I point blank refused, they came back saying they would list it for the price I wanted but after 3 weeks it would be dropped. We ended up selling for 6k more than they would have listed it for!

Stick to your guns, you can always list it yourself if they aren't being helpful, and that way you will probably have more chance of extras/money off :)

Clur84 the mortgage decision was the worst part for me, it felt like it took FOREVER! But we moved in just before Christmas and it was worth every stressy moment :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • tim9966
    tim9966 Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Having reserved in November I still haven't exchanged contracts, but it all seems to be very slowing heading in the right direction.

The house is due to be finished end of April to June.

I have picked all my extras, but they said they wouldn't charge me until I've exchanged contracts.
  • ap1985
    Options
    tim9966 wrote: »
    Having reserved in November I still haven't exchanged contracts, but it all seems to be very slowing heading in the right direction.

The house is due to be finished end of April to June.

I have picked all my extras, but they said they wouldn't charge me until I've exchanged contracts.

Did the developers not require exchange within 28 days?
  • tim9966
    tim9966 Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They did, but some of the delay was down to them as they didn't know what the address would be. They seem to have been quite happy to extend it.

ap1985 wrote: »
    Did the developers not require exchange within 28 days?
  • ap1985
    Options
    tim9966 wrote: »
    They did, but some of the delay was down to them as they didn't know what the address would be. They seem to have been quite happy to extend it.

Fair enough :)
  • Captain89
    Options
    Hi guys. Thought it was time to join this thread. Mortgage sorted, sent the last doc off to the solicitors and now just waiting to exchange on 28/02. Est Completion has been moved up to 05/2017 :)

Anyone had any experience with Countryside properties in kent? Buying a New build 2 bed house but no extras as everything was included in the price. All we could pick were colours of the flooring and carpet. Tried to get them to add an en suite but they refused to make any adjustments to the current plans.
  • ap1985
    Options
    Captain89 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Thought it was time to join this thread. Mortgage sorted, sent the last doc off to the solicitors and now just waiting to exchange on 28/02. Est Completion has been moved up to 05/2017 :)

Anyone had any experience with Countryside properties in kent? Buying a New build 2 bed house but no extras as everything was included in the price. All we could pick were colours of the flooring and carpet. Tried to get them to add an en suite but they refused to make any adjustments to the current plans.

No experience with Countryside properties I'm afraid but wanted to just say congratulations and good luck with the exchange and completion.

It is all very exciting. I am due to complete on my property this Friday and have been waiting for it to be built since September last year. But it's all worth the wait. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport