Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

Nice People Thread No. 15, a Cyber Summer

Options

Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    chris_m wrote: »
    Of course, it must be the right black pudding - only Stornoway is good enough, none of that Bury rubbish ;)

Maybe that's the problem.....maybe the only black pudding I've been presented with (in hotels) has been some cheap carp?

Anyway, I've had 300 of my 500 calories for today, so that's taken the edge off.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Conrad
    Conrad Posts: 33,137 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 September 2016 at 2:21PM
    Options
    I decided I wanted to cook with black pud, having not had it in years, so I opened up a lean pork loin, and put some crumbled black pud in, then rolled it up, EDIT >>> in Parma ham,

bound with string, then tightly with cling film and poached it in water for 30 mins.

Then fried the beast in hot oil, butter and fresh thyme, salt and pepper, then let it rest.

Used the buttery remains by adding brandy, lots of ground green pepper, but black is fine, cooked it down, added some cream, voila.

It was very good with small crispy Rosemary spuds, pea puree ( frozen peas just done in microwave a few minutes, then whizzed up with loads of white pepper, some salt, lemon and oil), and washed down with a good red
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Conrad wrote: »
    I decided I wanted to cook with black pud, having not had it in years, so I opened up a lean pork loin, and put some crumbled black pud in, then rolled it up, bound with string, then tightly with cling film and poached it in water for 30 mins.

Then fried the beast in hot oil, butter and fresh thyme, salt and pepper, then let it rest.

Used the buttery remains by adding brandy, lots of ground green pepper, but black is fine, cooked it down, added some cream, voila.

It was very good with small crispy Rosemary spuds, pea puree ( frozen peas just done in microwave a few minutes, then whizzed up with loads of white pepper, some salt, lemon and oil), and washed down with a good red

Can I come round for tea? :D
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • Pyxis
    Options
    I decided I wanted to cook with black pud, having not had it in years, so I opened up a lean pork loin, and put some crumbled black pud in, then rolled it up, bound with string, then tightly with cling film and poached it in water for 30 mins.

O me miserum! :(
    The edge is back. :(

(Sorry PN! ..................Look, I'll do it for you:
    Posh Alert! :D:p)
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• chris_m
    chris_m Posts: 8,250 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I have printed that off (and saved it) for future reference, it sounds delicious.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Black pud. Never had it, gross to even think it exists.
    No thanks.
    ... lots of stuff, effort, faffery ....
    That one meal probably cost what I spend on food for a fortnight!
    :)
  • chris_m
    chris_m Posts: 8,250 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nothing wrong with spoiling oneself once in a while.
  • Pyxis
    Options
    Black pud. Never had it, gross to even think it exists.
    No thanks.

That one meal probably cost what I spend on food for a fortnight!
    chris_m wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with spoiling oneself once in a while.

Yeah! Go on Pastures! Push the boat out! Live dangerously! Throw caution to the wind! And sail close to it! Become a hedonist! A lotus-eater! Run away to Greece à la Rita!

Or at least try a bit of black pudding?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• PasturesNew
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Yeah! Go on Pastures! Push the boat out! Live dangerously! Throw caution to the wind! And sail close to it! Become a hedonist! A lotus-eater! Run away to Greece à la Rita!

Or at least try a bit of black pudding?

I have thrown caution to the wind with regard to food budget this week .... I accidentally discovered red grapes.

The other week I'd randomly decided to pick up a pack of green seedless grapes - and there was a pack that was half/half green and dark ones.... so I got them.

I like the idea of grapes, but most are simply a disappointment, so I rarely buy them (especially as they're pricey).

Well ... I bit into a red grape and was staggered at how lovely it was. I'd thought "dark ones" were black grapes, which tended to be more squidgy than crisp. Then I realised that these weren't black grapes, but red ones!

So, this week .... I treated myself to another 500gram punnet, which I polished off earlier today :)

I've had a scoff-a-thon today:

The cooked breakfast
    2 blueberry muffins
    500 grams grapes
    2 hot sausage rolls :)

That's over £3 today! All because "I'm worth it"

• PasturesNew
    edited 17 September 2016 at 9:29PM
    Options
    I think I've just had a staggering breakthrough. My GGG GGG grandmother was on the chart, parentless. There was no marriage. On my chart, my GGGGGG grandparents suddenly existed from 'nowhere' and started baptising children.

And, the answer might've been right in front of me all the time, but it was poorly written/confusing, so I'd not spotted its significance before.

There's a will in 1719 that appears (when you pick through the poor grammar/layout of precis) to match exactly my GGGG GGGG grandparents' names and family/situation.

AND - it gives me their home address.

AND - it still exists today - except, bizarrely, you can't access the house from the road as it's along a private track across two fields.

But ... I think I'm onto something here and I have names now for two generations prior! And, I think, I have more, but I need to create a new chart to double check all the relationships I think I've got here in pieces....

Imagine that - a will, with a house named 300 years ago - and it's still existing! Staggering ....

This also knocks the beheaded man right out of the window .... I knew I was right that he wasn't my upline and that the whole Internet is just wrong! And this document puts another man in that slot. No room for the beheaded man, dates simply wouldn't match.

So excited.... hope I'm right on all this .... but it's all just matching and it's too much of a coincidence for me to be wrong as too much matches exact.

OMG ... I've just discovered my GGG GGG was somebody "of historical note" .... not important/wealthy, but somebody who took backhanders and went on the run, to try to change the political landscape of the region!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure