Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

Nice People Thread No. 15, a Cyber Summer

Options

Comments

• vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Pains au chocolat, orange juice and a proper cappucino with frothed warmed milk here. Beats the weekday bowl of granola hands down.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oooops, sorry. :D

I'll try not to let the aroma of scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon and hash browns waft your way then....:p
    vivatifosi wrote: »
    Pains au chocolat, orange juice and a proper cappucino with frothed warmed milk here. Beats the weekday bowl of granola hands down.

Aaaaaaaaaargh!

You're crool, you lot! Croooooooool!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Aaaargh! I thought I'd successfully avoided PN's breakfast post, and the you repeated it!

(I'm on a 5:2 fast day! :rotfl:)

Make it a 6:1, followed by a 4:3.

If I did that I'd have the fast days as Tue/Wed as that's easier :)
  • Pyxis
    edited 17 September 2016 at 12:36PM
    Options
    Make it a 6:1, followed by a 4:3.

If I did that I'd have the fast days as Tue/Wed as that's easier :)

Well, it's been more like 4:3 actually.
    I'd been doing it for about 2.5 years, then due to recurring illnesses, I didn't do it for about 8 months, plus got into extremely bad eating habits as a result, and no exercise (due to feeling ill), and put a lot of weight on, so am attempting to get back into the habit of eating properly.

Only restarted it three weeks ago, so it's very early days to change the food mindset I'd got into, and so far I'm winning!
    It works for me, anyway! :)
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• chris_m
    chris_m Posts: 8,250 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oooops, sorry. :D

I'll try not to let the aroma of scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon and hash browns waft your way then....:p

You missed out the black pud ;)
  • Pyxis
    Options
    chris_m wrote: »
    You missed out the black pud ;)

That's ok, I'm not too partial to black pud. I can eat a bit, if it's well-crisped, but not too enamoured.

:p:p:p
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• chris_m
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    That's ok, I'm not too partial to black pud.

You heathen :p:p:p
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A couple of years ago we were on a long car journey and stopped for a late breakfast at a little Chef.

I ordered one of their breakfasts but said I didn't want the baked bean, thanks.
    The waitress asked what I'd like instead of the beans (hadn't occurred to me, I'd assumed I'd just have the breakfast but without beans iyswim), and suggested black pudding, which I hadn't had for many years. So I said i'd have that.

It was YUM.

When I was at school in Scotland in the late 60s it was part of the school dinner sometimes!
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ivyleaf wrote: »
    When I was at school in Scotland in the late 60s it was part of the school dinner sometimes!

As it should be. No child should be denied the delight that is black pudding. I think I'm now going to have to do a fry up tomorrow :D
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • chris_m
    Options
    Masomnia wrote: »
    As it should be. No child should be denied the delight that is black pudding. I think I'm now going to have to do a fry up tomorrow :D

Of course, it must be the right black pudding - only Stornoway is good enough, none of that Bury rubbish ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure