Boots complaint

Options
I have received the most appalling treatment from Boots.
I have written to the CEO Stefano Pessina and when his office passed on my complaint to a senior customer service manager it has again been completely ignored.

I now need to deal with this matter externally and was looking for advice.
Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so who should I contact?

I can't go into detail of my complaint because it would take up so much time and space but I would say that it is a very serious complaint that has twice just been completely ignored and swept away.

Comments

• chuckley
    chuckley Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you given them enough time to respond?
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    Well firstly the CEO isn't there to handle customer complaints. Some do, which is fair enough, but it is reasonable for queries to be passed to the people who get paid to handle customer complaints.

Secondly, you mention that the issue needs to be raised externally. Now this suggests that Boots have issued a deadlock letter/position. In a nutshell, it sounds like Boots have turned round to you and (maybe subtly) said that they will not deal with the matter any more but that you can go to a third party if you wish to escalate. Hence why you may have been "ignored". Is this true?

If you would like advice then post in the "consumer rights" forum and people will help out. :)
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 January 2016 at 12:55AM
    Options
    This is something to do with you being a" Bootser" ie extreme Boots shopper?
  • Exile_geordie
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    This is something to do with you being a" Bootser" ie extreme Boots shopper?

What on earth is one of them like?
    Dont rock the boat
    Dont rock the boat ,baby
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 26 January 2016 at 10:07AM
    Options
    BoP now interrupts for the hard of reading.

OP, allegedly, is a Boot Power Shopper. Or in simplistic terms, gives them a considered part of their income every month. These are most likely to be on vanity creams or similar item. It may appear the have not worked. They also purchased some packets of crisps, sugary carbonated drinks and fatty crisp snacks as part of a meal deal instead of doing a sandwich box instead.

It is not fully understood what the problem is, either the vanity creams do not work, or the crisps contained a foreign object, such as a dead weasel.

Boots CEO has ignored OP

It is thought children are not involved at this stage.
    I have received the most appalling treatment from Boots.
    I have written to the CEO Stefano Pessina and when his office passed on my complaint to a senior customer service manager it has again been completely ignored.

I now need to deal with this matter externally and was looking for advice.
    Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so who should I contact?

I can't go into detail of my complaint because it would take up so much time and space but I would say that it is a very serious complaint that has twice just been completely ignored and swept away.
  • Carraboyblue
    Options
    Yes, they have had time to reply. They have replied by completely ignoring every valid point I have made.

I contacted the CEO because my complaint was completely being ignored at every other level.
    The reason I'm being ignored is that every point I make is completely valid.
    The outrageous behaviour of their bullying store manager backed up by their Customer Service senior manager is quite frankly breathtaking.

If a "Bootser" means do I do my entire Christmas shopping at Boots then the answer is yes.
    If it means do you buy and sell on at a profit Ie eBay then the answer is most definitely not.
  • Johnnytwostep
    Options
    BoP now interrupts for the hard of reading.

OP, allegedly, is a Boot Power Shopper. Or in simplistic terms, gives them a considered part of their income every month. These are most likely to be on vanity creams or similar item. It may appear the have not worked. They also purchased some packets of crisps, sugary carbonated drinks and fatty crisp snacks as part of a meal deal instead of doing a sandwich box instead.

It is not fully understood what the problem is, either the vanity creams do not work, or the crisps contained a foreign object, such as a dead weasel.

Boots CEO has ignored OP

It is thought children are not involved at this stage.

I am sure they will be at some stage in the future.
    as will compensation
  • AJXX
    AJXX Posts: 847 Forumite
    edited 26 January 2016 at 2:10PM
    Options
    Yes, they have had time to reply. They have replied by completely ignoring every valid point I have made.

I contacted the CEO because my complaint was completely being ignored at every other level.

Your reply suggests that they either are or have replied in the past and therefore aren't "completely ignoring" you... you're just unhappy with whatever reply it is that they are or have given you.

It sounds to me like either your being unreasonable or your points aren't valid to anyone except yourself - either way we'll never know since you refuse to post any details of the actual complaint.

This is a praise and vent board, ideally you need to give us an idea of what your complaint is and what's happened - else it's just a one sided argument which results in nobody agreeing with you and nobody able to help you.

For all we know you could be demanding boots give you £10k compensation because a member of staff looked at you funny.. and boots have rightly told you to insert your complaint up your rear end.

Entire thread is pointless without details OP.
  • societys_child
    Options
    Go on, give us a clue, just one valid point (pick the best one) Who knows, someone may be able to help.
  • stugib
    stugib Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone else had a similar problem....?

I can't go into detail of my complaint
    Ummmmm.......how would anyone know if it was similar?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure