Keeping on the straight and narrow. Again.

Options

Comments

• snozberry
    snozberry Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    edited 29 January 2016 at 11:41PM
    Options
    The girl did good today. I nipped to the shops after work as the backside has gone on my swimming costume (it's become transparent - soooo glad that I noticed before I went to the pool!). I didn't see any that I liked so I nipped into Costa for hot chocolate but I didn't! I left the queue realising that I can make better at home (with added Bailey's as well).

Hoping that the rest of the evening will be a NSD as I am going to the Panto tonight.

Fab performance and today was another NSD. Yay!
  • snozberry
    edited 31 January 2016 at 1:05PM
    Options
    The weather hasn't been very nice today - wind, rain, hail and really cold to boot.

This morning I swept and mopped the kitchen floor and wiped down the cupboard doors. Bric-a-brac were put away before my sons weekly swimming lesson in the afternoon. My OH went into the pool this week and I am hoping that my new swimming costume arrives before next weeks lesson. I bought one from Wh1te Stuff because they sent me a 15% discount code which I used via t0pcashback and my bank are offering 10% cashback as well. Needless to say, I might have picked up a few other bits and pieces. Eek!

ten working days until I am offski for a week :)
  • snozberry
    edited 31 January 2016 at 1:14PM
    Options
    One of the wisest things that I ever did was to open up two bank accounts: one for bills and ones for spends. The bills account just looks after itself but I do need to check it to see that what needs to come out has come out.

My spends account looks healthy. Next week will be the start of week two of this payday month and, week two is usually a safe month tbh. I do need to buy petrol this week as the light has come on in my car - there is enough to last the week but I don't want to chance it esp after what happened to me last month. Week three and four are the danger zones as that is when I tend to spiral out control. I must stay in control!

Slow sales week on the fb groups that I use :(

I did not buy a single lunch last week and I shall endeavor to do the same this week :) I can do it!
  • snozberry
    edited 7 February 2016 at 9:11PM
    Options
    GOALS FOR THE WEEK:

:heart:At least five NSDs 3/5

:heart: To take a packed lunch to work every day. If I struggle there is a box of chicken Heinz cuppa soups in the bottom drawer of my desk

[STRIKE]:heart: To tackle the dreaded Ironing Mountain once and for all[/STRIKE]
    DONE

:heart:Shred everything that has been dumped in the shredder

:heart: Re-organise one shelf of my over-stuffed bookcase. My bookcase is full of work stuff and it looks a disgrace

:heart: Early night. Every night (except this one as I have too much to do) ALMOST

[STRIKE]:heart: Stay out of the supermarkets unless it is an absolute emergency. Going there after work is always a mistake as I always shop according to my tummy and not my head.[/STRIKE] DONE
  • snozberry
    Options
    Today was an NSD and I took a packed lunch (the emergency cuppa soups can stay put). I have also skimmed my spends and bills account - I am odd in that I like the balance to be a multiple of five.

Tomorrow will be a spends day as I have got to buy petrol. I am down to ten miles left in the tank and I really don't want to risk it. I should really have gone today as I have got to buy cat litter as well and I didn't want to faff about in this 'orrible weather with a toddler in tow.

Gonna be going to bed in a bit as I am beyond shattered.

Will be working from home tomorrow afternoon as well which is brill as it means that, once I am done, I can tackle the dreaded ironing pile before my son is dropped off after his tea at his grandparents.

• snozberry
    Options
    I was sooooooo tempted to go to the nearest drive-thru this lunchtime but I didn't. I could almost taste the zinger meal from the colonel but I was good and resisted temptation (and scoffed choccy when I got home instead LOL)

Spent £25.01 on petrol this morning and will last about a month.
  • snozberry
    Options
    Today was an NSD (yay) but I didn't make a packed lunch as I just couldn't face making it this morning.

Just as well that I am watching my spending as the R word was mentioned at work today. The boss said that all of those on a permanent contract are ok but those who aren't are going to be leaving when their contracts run out. The boss said that if they weren't on a fixed contract then it would have been a case of everyone on that level needing to reapply for their jobs. Yikes.

I am getting to the dangerous time of the month whereby my spending usually spirals out of control but I haven't dipped into my OD yet. It will be a huge achievement if I stay out of my OD this month as it is something that I usually struggle with (fab! I didn't dip into it last month - right, let's make it two months on the trot that I stay in the black).
  • snozberry
    Options
    Well, another reason for me wanting to stay on the straight and narrow is because I want my child to have a sibling. We have started trying again and stupid me managed to convince myself that this month was The Month and it clearly isn't. Very disappointed. I'm trying to stay positive by thinking that I will have another months worth of savings behind me and that the dreaded BL will be a distant memory. But it's tough.
  • snozberry
    edited 6 February 2016 at 10:41PM
    Options
    Yesterday was a bit of a spendy day and I really hope that I don't suffer as a result at the end of the month. I bought lunch (and junk food), things that I didn't need from Hobbycraft and I bought takeaway pizza for tea as well. Mind you, it tasted really nice and was the first take away pizza that I have had in ... well, for at least six months. Possibly even longer.

Today, however, I sold one of my old fancy dress costumes on a sales fb group that I am in so that is £20 in my savings account and a little bit less clutter to deal with. So, I guess that it is not all bad.

Five more work get ups until I am off for a week. Yay!

ETA: just sold something else. Fab! Gonna keep track of any extra pennies that come my way for motivation. Tbh, I am still smarting over not being up the duff this month. AF still hasn't arrived but cheapy neg PT's tell otherwise. I just need to remember that I will have another £500 saved and I can have a drink or three this month.
  • snozberry
    Options
    Nipped to the supermarket earlier today as I didn't believe my cheapy PT's (still not come on). The mega expensive PT was negative. I am upset by it but the sensible side of me is turning it into a positive experience in the sense that:
    1. I will have another £500 to put into my savings account.
    2. I can add a slug or three of Bailey's to any hot chocolate I[STRIKE] may [/STRIKE] will need to make when Aunt Flo eventually does arrive
    3. There will be one less month of the dreaded BL left (only 8 more payments to go)
    4. I have more time to get rid of my excess tat.
    5. My son will be one month closer to his third birthday meaning cheaper Nursery fees when I would be on mat leave (fingers crossed that it happens)
    6. I have another month when it is just my son and I. I do worry about how I am going to share my heart with another little one.

This week, in order to save more money, I have made a huge vat of homemade soup for my lunches at work. I also bought a packet of English Muffins so I can have one toasted with my lunch time soup.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure