Collective Energy Switch Feb 2nd

Options

Comments

• MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Options
    Ah. :mad:

Now have a dead panda...

Our techies are working hard on trying to resolve the problems. Hopefully we'll be able to get things back running as usual soon.
  • dcouponzzzz
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm currently on top up meters, and Scottish Power are sending engineers out on Friday this week to install DD meters. They're moving me to the 'Help Beat Cancer fixed price until January 2018' tariff, at approx £75 per month. I asked if I could switch providers after the meters were installed and they've said to wait 2 weeks (19th Feb).

Are they allowed to tell me to wait 2 weeks, and also will I miss the collective switch if I wait until then to initiate it?
    Started 07/15. Car finance £6951 , Mortgage: 261k - Savings: £0! Home improvements are expensive
  • MSE_Dan_L
    Options
    Cardew wrote: »
    I have an Economy 7 meter. I know that BG will aggregate off-peak and peak consumption and treat as a single total on a 24/7 single rate tariff. i.e. 3,000kWh peak and 1,000kWh off-peak will be treated as 4,000kWh.

However if I switch to the BG dual fuel collective are there any measures I need to take to ensure it goes through without a hitch. i.e. can I stipulate single rate with an E7 meter when switching?

Hi Cardew

For when we're back to normal...

We asked British Gas this question up front. It told us that if you're not already with British Gas, it has told us that the approach to take is to apply as Economy 7, and then contact its Customer Services team once the switch completes for the readings to be added together. We've been told that a meter exchange is not necessary.

Hope this helps.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm currently on top up meters, and Scottish Power are sending engineers out on Friday this week to install DD meters. They're moving me to the 'Help Beat Cancer fixed price until January 2018' tariff, at approx £75 per month. I asked if I could switch providers after the meters were installed and they've said to wait 2 weeks (19th Feb).

Are they allowed to tell me to wait 2 weeks, and also will I miss the collective switch if I wait until then to initiate it?

Hi there

The timeline to wait sounds like it might be to do with Scottish Power needing to update the utilities databases so that your supply gets registered as credit rather than prepayment.

If you switched before this completed, it is likely that your chosen supplier would simply reject the application give the incompatibility of the tariff with what is registered for your supply.

The British Gas tariff does have a 100,000 customer cap on it, so it is possible that it'll end before 18 February...but we've not gone up to this limit in any of our previous collectives.

Hope this helps to provide some background.
  • matchboxfull
    Options
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Our techies are working hard on trying to resolve the problems. Hopefully we'll be able to get things back running as usual soon.

Thank you.
  • dcouponzzzz
    Options
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Hi there

The timeline to wait sounds like it might be to do with Scottish Power needing to update the utilities databases so that your supply gets registered as credit rather than prepayment.

If you switched before this completed, it is likely that your chosen supplier would simply reject the application give the incompatibility of the tariff with what is registered for your supply.

The British Gas tariff does have a 100,000 customer cap on it, so it is possible that it'll end before 18 February...but we've not gone up to this limit in any of our previous collectives.

Hope this helps to provide some background.

Thanks Dan, I'll try again on the 18th and hope for the best. If not I'll resort to using the normal energy club offers.
    Started 07/15. Car finance £6951 , Mortgage: 261k - Savings: £0! Home improvements are expensive
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    onzey wrote: »
    I'm on electric only ( Economy 7) with E.ON and my V19 tariff is due to start tomorrow.

According to my account in the CEC, E.ON have the winning electricity only tariff, MSE Collective Feb 2016 Online Fixed for 12 Months which should save me £26 plus £15 cashback.

Unit prices for day and night are a little lower than V19. Standing charge is the same. Same £30 exit fee.

Just a quick heads up onzey. There aren't any exit fees for going from one E.ON tariff to another. If the new MSE Collective is better for you than our Fixed 1 Year version 19 then you can switch to this without being charged. You will, though, need to go through MSE's Cheap Energy Club. As it's a collective deal, it's not something we can do for you either over the phone or online.

Sorry if you already know this onzey but hope it helps.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    edited 3 February 2016 at 3:46PM
    Options
    gt94sss2 wrote: »
    There seem to be two different collective offers from MSE.

Dual Fuel: British Gas Collective Switch February 2017

Electricity Only: EON MSE Collective Feb 2016 online

The BG dual fuel deal would cost me more than I pay now but switching by electricity supply to the new EON tariff looks like it might save me £10/year - as an existing Eon customer, nothing to lose + the £15 cash back is nice

Hi gt94sss2

As you say, with no exit fees for changing from one E.ON tariff to another, nothing to lose in going for the new MSE Collective. I'm sure you're already aware but this needs to be done through the MSE Cheap Energy Club. It's not something we can do.

Malc

Edit: csgohan4 has reminded me in post 78 about the dual fuel discount. You'll be okay for this provided both the electricity and gas are with us. It doesn't matter that they might be on different tariffs. You'll only lose this discount if one of the fuels is switched to a different supplier.
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • smallgingerone
    Options
    Daft question time - does the 'dual fuel' discount simply mean having both gas and electric from the same provider. Are there any caveats to both needing to be on the same tariff? The British Gas deal does not save me enough to move away from E.on, but there is potential for the electricity collective switch to save me something.

Thanks
    edited 4 February 2016 at 5:55PM
    Options
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    There are actually TWO electricity only EON collective tariffs, both have the same unit and standing charges but the ONLINE has a £5 a year discount for being managed on-line.

Hi gsmlnx

There's only the one E.ON MSE Collective Electric Only tariff but it does have the option of registering online for paperless billing. We knock £5 per year off bills for doing this so it may look like a separate thing. Similarly, there'll be different standing charges depending on the payment method. Customers paying with a Monthly Direct Debit have lower standing charges than those paying in other ways. Again, when comparing, it may look as if there's two separate savings.

The online discount is only for going for paperless billing. Customers can still register with our website and manage their accounts online even if they receive paper bills. It's just that they won't receive the discount.

Sorry for the confusion gsmlnx but hope this explains.

Malc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure