Collective Energy Switch Feb 2nd

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    £32 cheaper for me but will cost me £30 to leave E.On. I can change my gas only to EDF and save £34 no exit fee from my current no exit fee tariff. All in all a bit of a damp squib. :o Seems to be dual fuel only - no electric only option.
    molerat wrote: »
    The gas is overpriced for me. All the savings are on the electric but I am not being given an electric only quote which works out £60 cheaper than the E.On Sep MSE fix.

Looking at my daughter's consumption she would save £132 electric only but £94 dual fuel, again moving just gas to EDF would save her £76 with no tie in.

Where is the electric only option - are they not offering this to anyone ?

Morning molerat

Hope you found the Electric Only tariff. Details are at the end of the MSE email. Not sure where you and your daughter are at with your current tariffs but don't forget about the Price Protection window. This kicks in when fixed term contracts are coming to an end. It's open 49 calendar days before the tariff ends until 20 days after. During this time and provided we're told, we'll make sure you're prices don't change whilst a change of supplier goes through. Also, exit fees don't apply during this window so you won't pick up the £30 charge.

Sorry if this doesn't apply but hope it's of interest.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Oh the frustration. I've been trying to log in and get a comparison as I think I could save about £100 a year even though I switched to Sainsbury's in September (no exit fees either which will save me £60 technically) plus the £30 cashback. I'm assuming that due to such popular demand the site is struggling with the amount of traffic??
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Options
    mumlette23 wrote: »
    I've checked to see if my email address is eligible to join up to the Cec and it states I am, put all my details in and tells my email address is invalid.

Any help would be appreciated

This sounds like most likely a slight problem with the information entered when trying to register. It often happens if you accidentally add a space.

Could you try again and if you still have issues drop us a note through to collectiveswitch AT moneysavingexpert.com

Thanks
  • matchboxfull
    Options
    Been trying to log in with two computers at once for the last 20 minutes. No luck.

I'm on BG standard tarriff and could prob save about £300 a year if I could log in!
  • tempus_fugit
    Options
    Same here. I am with Sainsbury's Energy so I could switch with no penalty. Can't get onto the website though. If I miss this because of website problems I ain't gonna be happy.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

It looks like I will be staying with EON and moving to the Fixed 1 Year v19 Online tariff for electric (or maybe v20 following this.) :D

Glad you're staying youravinalarrrf. Just to let you know, there are no exit fees for changing from one E.ON tariff to another. Our Fixed 1 Year version 19 is still available at the moment. Not sure how long it will be there as tariffs can be withdrawn at any time. If you've registered with our website, you can switch through there so no phone call needed.

Sorry if I'm trying to teach you how to suck eggs youravinalarrrf but hope this is of interest.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Thanks for flagging this - this has been amended. The British Gas tariff definitely IS portable. You'd initially go onto a deemed contract with the previous owner's supplier, but can arrange to be moved onto this tariff by British Gas.

Hope that clears things up.

does this mean that you can take the British Gas CEC tarriff with you without penalty if you move house within the contract period?
  • bbobb
    Options
    I checked for an up to date energy comparison last night and I've got several suppliers that show as cheaper than the big switch winner. Any thoughts ?
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bbobb wrote: »
    I checked for an up to date energy comparison last night and I've got several suppliers that show as cheaper than the big switch winner. Any thoughts ?

Then I would consiider those cheaper suppliers !
    CEC is not the be-all and end-all of all tarriffs :)
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Options
    bbobb wrote: »

Hi bbobb

As some previous posters have mentioned, yes, this is entirely possible and totally normal.

The collective tariffs are market leading for average usage across all regions. Dependent on your usage and the region you live in the tariffs can definitely be beaten - one of the reasons why we include a full market comparison before you choose the tariff.

Hope this helps to reassure you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport