Options

Comments

• gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 February 2016 at 9:49PM
    Options
    myxbox wrote: »
    Ah just seen the tariff E.ON MSE Collective Feb 2016 Online , which is more expensive than the current E ON tariff that is on there Fixed 1 Year v19 Online

There seem to be two different collective offers from MSE.

Dual Fuel: British Gas Collective Switch February 2017

Electricity Only: EON MSE Collective Feb 2016 online

The BG dual fuel deal would cost me more than I pay now but switching by electricity supply to the new EON tariff looks like it might save me £10/year - as an existing Eon customer, nothing to lose + the £15 cash back is nice
  • razord
    razord Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Works out pretty great for me.

I was on the last MSE collective switch from September 2015 with E.On, and noticed the new V19 was a tiny bit cheaper earlier today so was prepared to switch to that, but the MSE Big Switch 4 one is a 0.3p cheaper per kWh, plus another £15 cashback!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    There are actually TWO electricity only EON collective tariffs, both have the same unit and standing charges but the ONLINE has a £5 a year discount for being managed on-line.
  • razord
    razord Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    the v19 Eon tariff unit prices are cheaper than the so called cheap collective switch???

This must be a regional/postcode thing. It's 0.3p per kWh cheaper for me!
  • NittyGritty
    Options
    yup the night time rate is same but the collective switch day unit rate is slightly more expensive than the v19

I thought the so called collective switch was meant to be cheaper than normal tariffs, but I guess not for me

think I will just move to the v19
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    gt94sss2 wrote: »
    There seem to be two different collective offers from MSE.

Dual Fuel: British Gas Collective Switch February 2017

Electricity Only: EON MSE Collective Feb 2016 online

The BG dual fuel deal would cost me more than I pay now but switching by electricity supply to the new EON tariff looks like it might save me £10/year - as an existing Eon customer, nothing to lose + the £15 cash back is nice

You might lose your dual fuel discount from the same tariff so watch out

The mse BG collective is cheapest for me, even looking at elec and gas seperately. South east that is.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,518 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just done the comparison - £100 pa cheaper for me to switch from USwitch EON deal to this MSE deal, less the £60 etc from EON plus the switching bonus = £70 "savings" -however, staying with EON and switching to v19 saves me ~ £30pa -so holding off at the moment as I don't think £40 pa is enuf compensation to go to BG:rotfl:
  • Chrishazle
    Options
    When I looked on comparison sites today for my area and useage (East Kent, 16500Kwh gas and 6100Kwh Elec), SSE, Eon and NPower were all very close to the big switch BG price. However, a few years ago I tried to switch to Scottish Power and had problems about my meter - it's a fancy 3 phase dual rate jobbie, but I'm on a single rate tarrif (my elec meter gives me 3 readings, day, night and total). SP could not handle it, BG can (as can Sainsburys Energy) so that, along with the price, influenced my decision to accept the BG offer.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    csgohan4 wrote: »

Good point - I will ask the Eon reps. It won't affect me as I only have my electricity with Eon (my gas is with Daligas)

But my brother is a dual fuel customer so I wont change him across until I know :)
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Options
    csgohan4 wrote: »

Hi Csgohan4

Just to confirm, we checked this with Eon. As long as you have both fuels with Eon, it told us you'll retain the dual fuel discount even if you're on two separate tariffs.

Hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport