Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    quoia wrote: »
    Would you buy Douwe if it were £1.60 per 100 grams ?
    I sure as hell would. I usually wait until the Pure Gold is on offers do then buy a few, it can go as low as £4 for 190g but atm the cheapest is Poundstretcher for £4.99.

Are you going to tell us a Lidl brand is the same stuff?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was reccomended Aldi's instant fair trade Colombian. It's really good. I normally buy Carte Noir, or Lor as it's now called, but it has become stupidly expensive when not on offer!

It's a 100 g jar and has a black and orange label with the fair trade symbol on it.

I was dubious, as I had tried Aldi instant coffee before and didn't like it, but this one is lovely. Think it's around 1.89 a jar.

On a related note, anyone know if Aldi do any Nespresso compatable capsules.
    Both Aldi and Lidl do Nespresso pods.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I sure as hell would. I usually wait until the Pure Gold is on offers do then buy a few, it can go as low as £4 for 190g but atm the cheapest is Poundstretcher for £4.99.

Are you going to tell us a Lidl brand is the same stuff?

My preference too ! Sadly it's the Continental Rich Roast :(

Do you, a family member, a friend, a work colleague

have access to .........................

COSTCO ?

Until June 3rd

750g for £11.99

With the Rich Roast I usually use a tiny bit less of the coffee and add a little extra milk (Full fat @ 4%) and it's not bad
    The Gold is good even with semi-skimmed
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • FTBNow
    FTBNow Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone tried Aldi's anti-perspirant and roll-on? I'm currently using Mitchum, which is great but still £2 - even in cheap places like Wilkos etc - and the Aldi stuff is 79p. I didn't get on with their Lacura too much but notice they now have an "Activ" range.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    FTBNow wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Aldi's anti-perspirant and roll-on? I'm currently using Mitchum, which is great but still £2 - even in cheap places like Wilkos etc - and the Aldi stuff is 79p. I didn't get on with their Lacura too much but notice they now have an "Activ" range.

I get on fine with it and Lidl's too (Cien?) which is a similar price. Has to be worth a try for you.
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    FTBNow wrote: »

Have a look here,
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/mitchum-anti-perspirant-reduced-to-a-1-lloyds-use-20-off-code-80p-each-free-cc-2945525
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    I must be honest, I don't get on with Lidl's roll on (womens). Did nothing at all, sadly went to the bin. I'm going to try again with the spray though as if it works it'll be a bargain.
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Options
    McAllister's oatcake bites from Lidl are just too good for words, I got them at the weekend at a reduced price offer to try and now wish I had not tried them as I will be forced to pay full price when I fancy a nibble again :o

(may not be available outside Scotland)
  • FTBNow
    FTBNow Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Aldi have got some brilliant women’s disposable razors that are new. They’re £3.39 and as good as any Venus 5 blade razor I’ve tried. You get 3 in a pack.
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Options
    Dulano Mini Bockwurst from Lidl make ideal hotdogs and although it doesnt say it on the packet, I found that about 30 seconds in the microwave heats one sausage just right (peirce the skin).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure