Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I was once asked to make a low sugar version of my blackcurrant jam as the person said they disliked 'sweet' things, she gave back to me saying that it was not sweet enough and that was just my first attempt that I'd made using exactly half the sugar that I normally used.
    Talk about ungrateful! What stopped her from adding sugar to it, the cheeky mare?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 702 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our local Aldi opened today after being closed for 11 months and it s fantastic. I read it's the largest in the UK. The range of products is amazing, but it was chaos. I can't believe a few years ago I virtually has the place to myself

Has anyone tried the strawberry daquiri ? It's in the alcohol section and you put it in the freezer then remove 25 minutes before drinking. It's amazing. The pina colada isn't bad either.

Is that the Burslem store? Be interested to see how different the new stores are
  • GAD1981
    GAD1981 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    We love the Aldi teriyaki chicken fillets. They are soooo good!
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    robrymond wrote: »
    Is that the Burslem store? Be interested to see how different the new stores are

Not Burslem, Tunstall. Absolutely massive, but very busy. Lots of new lines.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Pesto rosso is back at Lidl, so all is well :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Has anyone tried the replacement for Lidl's Simply Chicken Breast Fillets? Now £3.50 for 1kg, branded as "Danpo", who I believe are big in supplying the catering industry.

Bag has several Danish flags, the previous one was always from Poland. Water content is the same (apparently) but haven't defrosted any yet to find out.

In other chicken related news, I see Iceland have suffered shrinkflation. 1.5kg for £5.00 is now 1.35kg for £5.00. And now that means it is more expensive than Lidl.
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    glider3560 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the replacement for Lidl's Simply Chicken Breast Fillets? Now £3.50 for 1kg.

Yes Glider, tried some the other day, no discernable difference, apart from the price. Was £3.33p kg.
  • holidaysforme
    holidaysforme Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm really enjoying Aldi's alcoholic ginger beer at the moment. It's a lovely summer drink with a real ginger kick.

Also the Thai green curry kit is fantastic. Have used it before on chicken and about to use it to make a veggie curry.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,713 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I'm really enjoying Aldi's alcoholic ginger beer at the moment. It's a lovely summer drink with a real ginger kick.

Also the Thai green curry kit is fantastic. Have used it before on chicken and about to use it to make a veggie curry.

What size bottles does the ginger beer come in?
    I love a good ginger beer, very refreshing. :beer:
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    What size bottles does the ginger beer come in?
    I love a good ginger beer, very refreshing. :beer:
    500ml for £1.25
    https://www.aldi.co.uk/church%27s-alcoholic-ginger-beer/p/049271004085400

Crabbies is £1.75 in Tesco for 500ml
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business