Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Options

Comments

• robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aldi have shrunk the small bags of sweets to 75g from 95-125g each but have dropped the price from 33p-26p.

The new vegetarian sweets are quite nice but at 79p for 160g are more expensive.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    So we've tried Nicky and agree 100% that it's not nice.

Once the 9 rolls have gone, we'll vote with out bums and try something different.
    I seem to remember that Aldi had some 4 ply quilted rolls.
    Anyone tried that?

Yes, tried them, Aldi's 4 ply quilted - and all the ones I've tried - are great.
    I bought a jumbo pack of 16 Morrison's 'luxury' toilet rolls via Amazon Pantry, to avoid filling up my trike with a bulky product, and I wish I'd only tried four. They aren't the worst I've tried, but a long way off Aldi's 'Saxon' rolls. The shea butter ones scent the bathroom/WC slightly.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tried the Lidl Orlando moist and meaty on the 2 dogs here they both got the raving squits bright yellow and foul smelling,enjoy your breakfast.
  • bargainhunterss
    Options
    PLRFD wrote: »

I really wish they did pods for Tassimo machines! It always seems to be for the nespresso-style machines :(
    Every act of kindness, no matter how small, isn’t wasted ❤️
    "It’ll be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright - it’s not the end"
    Every pound we spend is a vote for the sort of world we want

2021 wins - 1
  • PLRFD
    Options
    I'm almost certain Lidl do Tassimo compatible pods.
  • robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tried the Lidl Orlando moist and meaty on the 2 dogs here they both got the raving squits bright yellow and foul smelling,enjoy your breakfast.

Is that the soft dog biscuits? Aldi do a version and it gave my dog terrible problems.
  • PLRFD
    Options
    robrymond wrote: »
    Is that the soft dog biscuits? Aldi do a version and it gave my dog terrible problems.

Yes that's the one.
  • abandonded
    abandonded Posts: 305 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    At my own request I got a Gillette Fusion 5 blade razor for Xmas and although the shaves are superb, the cost of replacement blades are expensive to say the least. Today in Aldi, I spotted their version of the 5 blade, and at £3.99 for the razor, and the same for a 5 pack of replacement blades, this works out at around a quarter of the cost of Gillette replacements. I am wondering if anyone here has tried the Aldi version and if so, how do they rate them?
    Abandoned
  • bobbymotors
    bobbymotors Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    Havent read the whole thread but Aldi do a £4.99 New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc wine....as nice as any other NZ ones that are £7 anywhere

https://www.aldi.co.uk/makaraka-sauvignon-blanc/p/076766151127100
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm almost certain Lidl do Tassimo compatible pods.
    If they do I've never seen them, but I don't get the chance to visit more than every few months so it could be they are new? Does anyone know for certain? And is this only in special stores or larger stores or all stores?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure