Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Options

Comments

• A_Flock_Of_Sheep
    A_Flock_Of_Sheep Posts: 5,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    edited 30 June 2016 at 10:19PM
    Options
    Vodafone have got enough to worry about through Brexit. I notice in a Daily Mail article they are threatening to move an office from the UK to Europe. That is a joke for a start. When I was with Vodafone I was never able to get through to anyone in the UK!

So my question to the Vodafone rep is what is the phone number to call someone at this so called UK HQ in the article?

I suggest Vodafone's unpatriotic threat of moving offices away from the UK should be met with everyone voting leave to simply leave Vodafone. 17m people! Not all will be customers but many I am sure and that is 17m customers in total.

Here is a copy link to the article. Notice the comments left by readers. Very few of which are sympathetic of Vodafone's threats to leave nor of the customer experience of the firm.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/markets/article-3665753/Vodafone-warns-future-global-HQ-London-Brexit-vote-ends-UK-s-ability-freely-EU.html
    492800 Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 July 2016 at 11:26AM
    Options
    So,, Vodafone.
    I have been cut off 4 to 5 times now, and it is always a problem with their billing.
    I have spent hours with online chat, and phone calls, trying to make sure this never happens again, and it just does.

I cant do this every month as it is such a waste of time.
    Is there any way that I can get out of my vodafone contract?

I have 18 months left of a 2.5 year contract. £31 a month.

Any help would be appreciated as this is just getting silly now. They keep on making the same mistakes.

Thanks in advance.

(p.s. I have just opened a case via the Resolver App)
    --- Hitting the thanks button as often as is needed ---
  • Steve_Milward
    Options
    I received a text message on the 15th June to advise me that due to the changes in out of bundle charges above the RPI that I had a right to cancel my contract. I wrote to Vodafone on the 21st of June to advise them that I wish to exercise this right and I haven't heard anything back.

I rang 191 and was advised to go to a store who would be able to cancel the contract. I went to the store who said they can't do it and I would e charged an early termination fee so ring 191.

Spoke to 191 for 55 minutes and 4 separate advisors and although they all agree that I am within my rights to cancel I have to wait for Vodafone to write back to me which could take 30 days. Call me cynical but this is just a way of Vodafone dragging out the process to collect more monthly payments.

I have now been advised to send another letter by recorded mail as if they do not acknowledge my letter by 15th July then the window to cancel my contract will be closed.

I have never known a company with such terrible customer service, I cant wait to be out of the contract and will never be a customer of Vodafone ever again.

A ludicrous situation
  • MissyKay
    MissyKay Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Vodafone, you have given me another reason for leaving as you are actually offering a £20 credit for staying with you for another year, and if I leave you will cancel the credit. I see this like a bribe as the credit is based on a condition and not due to the financial loss and undue stress I have been caused by Vodafone. This is a joke as you are forgetting the time and cost I incurred on the phone for several hours trying to resolve issues which Vodafone created themselves. If I kept a log of the time and duration of calls, this would amount to over £100 at least if not more. Over the duration of time I have been with Vodafone, there has not been a three month period where I have not had to contact Vodafone for one thing or another. I am unable to get proper signal at my home address and the network is flaky. I cannot have a full conversation without having to redial several times.

Time to leave them permanently I think as I have been caused too much stress.
  • Jez_Jones
    Jez_Jones Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I received a text message on the 15th June to advise me that due to the changes in out of bundle charges above the RPI that I had a right to cancel my contract. I wrote to Vodafone on the 21st of June to advise them that I wish to exercise this right and I haven't heard anything back.

I rang 191 and was advised to go to a store who would be able to cancel the contract. I went to the store who said they can't do it and I would e charged an early termination fee so ring 191.

Spoke to 191 for 55 minutes and 4 separate advisors and although they all agree that I am within my rights to cancel I have to wait for Vodafone to write back to me which could take 30 days. Call me cynical but this is just a way of Vodafone dragging out the process to collect more monthly payments.

I have now been advised to send another letter by recorded mail as if they do not acknowledge my letter by 15th July then the window to cancel my contract will be closed.

I have never known a company with such terrible customer service, I cant wait to be out of the contract and will never be a customer of Vodafone ever again.

A ludicrous situation

Have you had any success with this? I'm in the same boat as you. I've now posted 2 letters and have received no communication back, they apparently can't be contacted by phone or e-mail and from previous experience with Vodafone I'm guessing they will never contact me back...
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Jez Jones and Steve Milward,

If you need help with this, email us via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT165.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi 492800,

So we can help you with this issue, please email a member of our team here

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Steve_Milward
    Options
    I have logged my original letter and have been sent the following number by email

Steve
  • JarradBycroft
    Options
    Hello.

I didn't bother with case no's I wrote to them at their HQ then waited 8 weeks for them to NOT reply then I sent it to the Ombudsman who ruled in my favour.

Their address is

Customer Relations Manager
    Vodafone Limited
    The Connection
    Newbury
    Berkshire
    RG14 2FN

If they reply and you are not satisfied then you still have the right to refer your case to the Communications Ombudsman who will review all correspondence and then rule independantly.

Hope this helps.
  • Jez_Jones
    Jez_Jones Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

The Code I have been sent is: 13676767.

I look forward to being contacted by you in the near future.

J

A ludicrous situation
    Vodafone wrote: »
    Hi Jez Jones and Steve Milward,

If you need help with this, email us via the Contact us form

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT165.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business