Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

If we vote for Brexit what happens

Options

Comments

• Conrad
    Conrad Posts: 33,137 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In today's news CBI reporting booming retail sales and UK tourism and booming motor export orders well up on the same time last year.

There will be no crash, only property in the Tiger economy
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    China has been devaluing the RMB to maintain a competitive edge. Exporting deflation in the process. Which will create other problems globally.

Global deflation means that UK inflation could be much less than pundits would like us to believe?
  • mayonnaise
    mayonnaise Posts: 3,690 Forumite
    Options
    Brexit pushes up price of bacon butty as China takes advantage of weak sterling to buy British pork
    The price of a bacon butty has dramatically increased after Brexit as China snaps up Britain's pork supply and takes advantage of the UK's weak sterling.
    Pork suppliers have revealed they had bumped up the price of a pack of British smoked bacon by as much as 38 per cent since the beginning of August, causing price increases for Britons of up to 19 per cent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/26/brexit-pushes-up-price-of-bacon/

Luckily we can look forward to matching massive wage increases, once our Tiger economy takes shape. :)
    Don't blame me, I voted Remain.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mayonnaise wrote: »
    Brexit pushes up price of bacon butty as China takes advantage of weak sterling to buy British pork

This country appears to do nothing but whinge these days. :)
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,074 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 August 2016 at 12:07PM
    Options

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/26/brexit-pushes-up-price-of-bacon/

Luckily we can look forward to matching massive wage increases, once our Tiger economy takes shape. :)

Perhaps we need a 'Blamed on Brexit' thread to capture all the bad things that Brexit has caused.

Can I start with the bank holiday weather? When we were in the EU it was always hot (but not too hot), and sunny whereas the forecast for this weekend is only average with some cloud and showers. Still you lot all voted for Brexit, the impact on the bank holiday weather was forecast by the experts you chose to ignore, so having made your bed please lie in it without complaint.....
    I think....
  • Thrugelmir
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Perhaps we need a 'Blamed on Brexit' thread to capture all the bad things that Brexit has caused.

Increased exports are now bad...........:eek:
  • mayonnaise
    mayonnaise Posts: 3,690 Forumite
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Increased exports are now bad...........:eek:
    Exporting is good.
    And if bacon butties become too expensive for our natives, they can always switch to quorn butties.
    Or just butties.
    Don't blame me, I voted Remain.
  • chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Exporting is good.
    And if bacon butties become too expensive for our natives, they can always switch to quorn butties.
    Or just butties.

Excellent news for the pigs.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • Thrugelmir
    Options
    Exporting is good.
    Or just butties.

The UK needs to diet.....:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family