Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

If we vote for Brexit what happens

Options

Comments

• CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Herzlos wrote: »
    If it can bring enough new opportunities that can make up for the ones we lose, then that's great. But I'm not sure we're even close yet.

How many boosts from flowers and sugar and the like do we need to close the £66bn a year gap from the report?

the only people that believe in the £66bn are
    - people who believe that WW3 will follow brexit
    - there will be a recessiosn in starting july 2016
    - that there will be an emergency budget in june 2016 with high tax rises, large benefits cut and massive increase in interest rates.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,715 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CLAPTON wrote: »
    the only people that believe in the £66bn are
    - people who believe that WW3 will follow brexit
    - there will be a recessiosn in starting july 2016
    - that there will be an emergency budget in june 2016 with high tax rises, large benefits cut and massive increase in interest rates.

You don't have talk a not of nonsense.

That £66bn came from a government paper, post-referendum. Have you got anything to counter it? Do you know more than the experts you dislike?

I think the £66bn is pretty credible, I don't think we'll see a WW3, but we'll see a recession once we leave (as do the experts on both sides).
  • CLAPTON
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You don't have talk a not of nonsense.

That £66bn came from a government paper, post-referendum. Have you got anything to counter it? Do you know more than the experts you dislike?

I think the £66bn is pretty credible, I don't think we'll see a WW3, but we'll see a recession once we leave (as do the experts on both sides).

do you believe all government papers or just some?
    if some, how do you select the right ones?
  • masterwilde
    Options
    66 billion - its laughable

the government always over pay and under budget, where the hell this number came from (as in which stupid think tank) will be wrong, and be wrong by a large amount.

We keep getting scare stories but thats all they are.
  • Herzlos
    Options
    Do you have a more credible figure as a starting point?
  • CLAPTON
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do you have a more credible figure as a starting point?

do you have the full paper with supporting info ?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As a consumer, I'm just not convinced that scrapping large swathes of EU red tape will benefit me.

Why does red tape cutting have to benefit you as a consumer? What are you expecting cheaper prices?
  • Herzlos
    edited 12 October 2016 at 2:08PM
    Options
    CLAPTON wrote: »
    do you have the full paper with supporting info ?

I haven't read the whole thing, but it exists and has supporting info. Do you have, well, anything?
  • Herzlos
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Why does red tape cutting have to benefit you as a consumer? What are you expecting cheaper prices?

I was referring to things like reducing restrictions on companies which directly benefit the consumer, such as standardized phone chargers, or exhaust emissions.

Most (not all) of the red tape is there to try and improve things, not just for the sake of petty bureaucracy.
  • CLAPTON
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I haven't read the whole thing, but it exists and has supporting info. Do you have, well, anything?

then you will be able to see the flaws and false assumptions just as you doubtless saw those of the IMFs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure