Entertaining Lovely Information Travels Elegantly

Options

Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    fairclaire wrote: »
    Thanks. I'll have a look. Still £10 for a pair of gloves :eek: I'm. not used to laying anymore than £1 or so :o

This has actually been a useful exercise in a round about way. OH and I have taken the decision in light of our circumstances to put DS2 'on the radar' so to speak. That is to contact people who he might require help from should he have neither of us to look after him. It wasn't an easy decision but we both decided it was a right one.
    Anyway, this sort of thing is exactly the sort of basic need that he can't manage by himself....keeping warm. There are many others, like feeding himself, clothing himself.....all very basic things but things he struggles with without help.
    things we provide without batting an eyelid but would be devastating for him if he didn't have them provided.

Eeeee, it's been a very thought provoking process :o

He does need it. It's a little like me - I get help from an autism charity now - takes a while sometimes and I've usually sorted it myself by the time things start being done or I get round to contacting them in the first place - but I wouldn't be able to do some things on my own. He is an intelligent lad, in his own way, but does need support services to be there. He needs to know to speak up and get in touch if there is something that needs doing, some people can fall off the system but I hope your putting him "on the radar" means that precisely that thing will not happen.
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    Options
    AAU....
    I was talking on the phone to an old school friend a couple of nights ago. I dont talk to her often but the conversation turned to an errant summer we had as youngsters.

We trawled all the building sites looking for empty barrs bottles and made our fortune. we cashed in the best part of £20 in empty ba bru bottles and we were like millionaires :D she bought a yorkie bar.....unheard of in our circles. I bought an oyster and scoffed it before I got back home so no one else could lick it.

that was one of the happiest days of my life as I remember it. We also bought a bottle of cream soda to have ice cream floats when we got home. oh how puffed out our chests were :D

The same girl spent the following summer walking 3 miles with me to pick strawberries for £13 a week :rotfl::rotfl: it was a fortune and we had to lie about our age to be allowed to work. I do believe it's where our work ethic comes from
  • Tw1nb0ys
    Tw1nb0ys Posts: 462 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening / morning everyone.

Not sure if this has been mentioned?

Remember the whole Hotpoint recall thing on the tumble driers? I got an email today from Hotpoint basically saying it is taking them a long time to get round to everyone with an engineer to fix them. They gave me an unique code I could use to find out my estimated date an engineer would be available.

However when I clicked through to find my date I had an alternative option. If I didn't want to wait I could have a new tumble drier at a discounted price. They would come and swap my old one and give me a new one with a 12 month warranty.

I have had my tumble drier since 2011 and use it a lot. The cost of using it is in my mind justified in the amount of time it saves me in ironing.

This offer was not mentioned in the email and can be withdrawn at anytime. The offer was only visible once I had clicked through. I was offered a new dryer for £59 including delivery and installation ( yes I know it's not difficult)

Yes I know I have spent £59 and to just wait for the repair would have been free but I thought it was a good deal as Mine has already seen over 4 years service.

Anyway might be of interest to some?

Hope all are well.
    Pan drawers in 2016 £1500 needed.
  • Savvybuyer
    Options
    I thought I had confusion about the prices of the Cod Burger and Crispy Fish Bites on the M list, but I see that I am right:D - I was dealing with TBG on Monday (for the Bites, which I rechecked on Wednesday as part of the 'entire check' and pricing was the same - gone to 2 for £4 no longer £2) and with APG (for the Cod Fillet Burger) on Wednesday:cool:. Cod Fillet Burger 'offer' is straight £2.

I'm sure you understand what I'm talking about:rotfl::rotfl:. One's stocked in A and the other one isn't (so is TBG vs M, fwiw as price is quite high - and now requiring two:eek::rotfl:). Main point, I think, for the people that are not Asperger's, is 'just look at the M list' and go by what's on there, as it is correct.:)
  • Sunflower1227
    Options
    I've ordered 2 sets of squigs mittens so we can expect a heatwave in the next week :D :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Not sure If you realise these gloves are for girls, they are glittery

http://www.beechfield.com/product.php?sku=B404&c=new&now&cid=105

:o
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 15 January 2016 at 3:05AM
    Options
    Well that was not bad - picked up one womble, as there were none others to be found, and it is £4.20!:T

I thought "This looks good" again, which is usually a sign that it will be a complete fail:rotfl:. However, it was the mbuys that weren't daft (that is ones that make A way cheaper:() although I saw some £1 yogurt and thought "no" - the rest, obviously, is mostly same price or is cheaper. Comp. versus M works out best.

They have N/A on the single Red Pepper:rotfl:.

1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Pepper (EACH) £0.50 N/A

This is much more expensive in M! Last I knew was 57p and I rather lost interest in it then but m.com is now saying it's 60p. Told you I lose interest - not bothered with comparing when M prices go up!:cool:

Told you the price collectors were useless on "fresh" veg.:D I'm sure Lidl or somewhere will be cheaper than 50p. Not best way to go with peppers IMO, when packs work out cheaper than 50p per single pepper.

1x Pure Dairy Free Sunflower Spread (500G) £1.50 £1.00

Again, no reason why it should not!

1x Mr Kipling Mini Battenbergs (5PK) £0.75 £1.50

Unfortunately. That was one of the few bad items on the shop.

1x Rekorderlig Premium Apple Cider (500ML) £1.67 N/A:think:
    1x Onions (4PK) £0.90 N/A:think:

V.expensive onions:rotfl:. Why get a 4 pack at 90p when our individual ones are less than 10p each?:huh:

Wonder if these work out cheaper than the individual Regina Blitz roll for 90p:

1x ASDA Smartprice Smart Price Kitchen Towels (4 ROLL) £1.27 N/A
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    He does need it. It's a little like me - I get help from an autism charity now - takes a while sometimes and I've usually sorted it myself by the time things start being done or I get round to contacting them in the first place - but I wouldn't be able to do some things on my own. He is an intelligent lad, in his own way, but does need support services to be there. He needs to know to speak up and get in touch if there is something that needs doing, some people can fall off the system but I hope your putting him "on the radar" means that precisely that thing will not happen.

thanks savvy :kisses3: I can't ever imagine you needing help. you always sound so sufficient.

I'm off to bed I'm in trouble for doing so much gardening today. don't bite the hand that feeds you and all that. And lord knows I need to be fed :D

goodnight :)
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 15 January 2016 at 3:27AM
    Options
    thanks savvy :kisses3: I can't ever imagine you needing help. you always sound so sufficient.

I'm off to bed I'm in trouble for doing so much gardening today. don't bite the hand that feeds you and all that. And lord knows I need to be fed :D

goodnight :)

Sufficient:), I like that word!:D
    I was fine when I lived with my parents (for years and years:o) but, when I moved away, things do have to be done such as my own home! I do spend time here (and at Morrisons:o) when RL things need doing. So, I'm off to do some of them now. Will be back later (will take me ages:cool:) and will do the M list then (which, actually in a way, I'm procrastinating about - but did need to get the DW tabs shops - and I've got things to sort (that would have been done earlier, but for... but, anyhow...) and will be back later.:)

It is "sufficient". It's enough to get the job done!:D:)

Actually, in fact, I don't need much help - it's very subtle. It's little things, now and again, just to keep my head above water. I don't get snowed under or fall way behind on things and never able to catch up or anything. Things get done, albeit maybe a bit later and then get cleared in one go - until they fall behind again:(. And then the dishes go back into the dishwasher and get washed!:cool: I say I don't need help - for a long time, I got no help (but I suppose living at home, where things were done for me, I didn't need it) as I wasn't even diagnosed for several decades. They have university support services for disabled students, including Asperger's. I went all through university, successfully, without - as I wasn't even diagnosed then. I didn't even see myself as disabled. However, I do need help, with little things - or maybe things that are probably "bigger" for me such as household tasks - it's not much help that I need although I do not know how much easier things would be for me without my Asperger's because I've never not had it and things have always been this way. If I have to work a little harder than most people, then I would not know or not know how much - since I have always had to work that hard, that that is normal (for me) and has always been the way, so I don't know how much easier or not things would be otherwise since I've never had it easier. It's always been as it's been - and, while I've mentioned before that sometimes I felt like I was breaking my back to reach the same point as everyone else, maybe I can relax a little nowadays, knowing that that is probably the extra work that I am having to do.

I don't know - when you have a disability, that you have always had, you have never had it any other way so that, I suppose, for me anyway, it doesn't really feel 'disabled' since it has always been that way. However, I do class myself as having a disability, since Asperger's is a disability - and, yes, there are subtle things that perhaps I do struggle in - and those are the disability. Executive dysfunctioning is a disability (to some extent). Other things, by themselves, maybe wouldn't be called a "disability", since the impairment is not very much and is subtle - but tiny fine motor skills lack that are perhaps why I've always not been able to hold a pencil "properly" - I can write with pens and use pencils completely alright - and why I struggle peeling a potato (although I can complete the task and peel it). I didn't realise that before and didn't think it was disability but, perhaps, in a subtle way it is and is from the Asperger's (the motor skills slight deficit).

Disability comes in many forms, to different degrees, and isn't always obvious.
  • Savvybuyer
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Turkey mince still glitching on Thursday evening:

4x ASDA Butcher's Selection British Lean Turkey Mince (500G) £14.00 £8.00 AvM

Paid £2.45 each, 500g, buy in 2s, match £7v£4, £3.40 return on £4.90 spend (plus fillers - cheese works ;))

To check if it should still glitch, like the cheese add one to your basket on the A app or website - if it is still there in the background it tells you to add another item to complete the multi deal.

Wonders out loud if there are any other multis lurking on items that keep changing from high individual price/multi to low individual price like the cheese?

Hth

Anon

So is the Finish DW tablets. But, sadly, it's Friday morning now!:(:)
  • vanilla_twist
    Options
    Evening

I don't suppose anyone has seen Mens mittens anywhere for a reasonable price. DS2 never, ever complains about being cold but he has asked for a hat and gloves today. I have drawers full of both in here in all shapes and sizes so I found him a hat no problem. 2 hours :eek: of trying to teach him to put gloves on has just ended in sheer frustration. It's something I've been trying for years but it's not going to happen. His fingers glue themselves together as soon as his hand goes in the glove :o
    I've looked online and the prices are :eek: Chances are they won't last the winter before being lost anyway so I'd rather not pay a fortune.

In other news, I rang up about my test results. Appointment Tuesday to discuss. That works for me, I didn't want an appointment before the end of this week. I didn't like being poorly with the infection and everything but my body has enjoyed a rest from the chemo and I'm in no hurry to start the next lot next week. So this week, for a few days anyway, I'm infection free and not feeling like a sack of spuds from treatment. I got out in the garden today and it was utter bliss :D there was no one here so I got stuck in and got loads done. Spring bulb pots are all tidied up, pesky weeds that shouldn't be growing at this time of year have been eradicated and I planted some early salad.

And QT is back.....happy days!

For mittens look in somewhere like soccer and sport which is cheap or primark. Doubt you will get ordinary mittens but more like ski gloves.
    If no luck sure some can be knitted and posted up within a few days. My knitting not bad and sister has done a lot lately so will have a pattern. Black or navy?

V x
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

May the odds be ever in your favour;)

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family