Entertaining Lovely Information Travels Elegantly

Options

Comments

• fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    Options
    thank you for today those who have helped me here and other places I am struggling and I'm learning not to be ashamed of it. David :kisses3: Bananababe :kisses3: vanilla twist :kisses3: di love discounts :kisses3: the lovely ILGD :kisses3:Altojack :kisses3: frequent :smileyhea COT :heart2: Locarr:happyhear even AAU :eek: I especially thank the animals that are LFAB ans squigs ...friends don't get much better than that

I honestly have struggled lately and I thank you all :)
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 January 2016 at 2:25AM
    Options
    :hello:The Finish glitch looks like it's over, unfortunately, at least for now - at least it is in my store - though do keep looking as this sort of thing is bound to happen again (at least as long as there is a comparison to be done).
    I went back to the store as I decided to go and spend a couple of my vouchers that I got back earlier. I managed to get one shop done at a couple of minutes to midnight:T. It went through absolutely fine, no issues. There was more than enough Finish for me to go back for another couple. Someone else must have been glitching in that store:eek: as I got back to the shelf, after my first shop, and found there were now only two Finish left. But, brilliant, I'll take the last two!:)

Got to the SS and the Finish scanned at full price:( - the blighters wanted me to pay nearly 16 quid for two!:eek: Unfortunately there was little I could do as the SEL in my store had always just had the full price showing (no mbuy on shelf). So, the whole shop was cancelled.

Never mind though, as I got one shop done - it wasn't a wasted journey. In a way, I'm glad I was there near the end (for now) as any shop of essential items of £8 is never going to give £7 back. Unless it is a glitch item, it's never going to be an as efficient way of buying a shop. So the £7 or £8-odd (with the kitchen towel) voucher is never going to be spend better at what was the moment than on some more Finish. I got enough shops done earlier in the day so at least I've got as much as I could have done and without the tempter from each one of them of always going back because a new shop is never as efficient without the Finish glitch. It's unfortunate that a shop ten minutes apart has a completely different instore price. However, there always has to be a cut-off point as there is always a time at which a price changes from one price to another.

It's over folks, at least in my store!:(
  • fairclaire
    Options
    oh I forgot the incredible under perky for making me smile in a way that she can only do ;):D

She is one on her own and should be treasured :A
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    fairclaire wrote: »
    thank you for today those who have helped me here and other places I am struggling and I'm learning not to be ashamed of it. David :kisses3: Bananababe :kisses3: vanilla twist :kisses3: di love discounts :kisses3: the lovely ILGD :kisses3:Altojack :kisses3: frequent :smileyhea COT :heart2: Locarr:happyhear even AAU :eek: I especially thank the animals that are LFAB ans squigs ...friends don't get much better than that

I honestly have struggled lately and I thank you all :)

I hope you are still looking both ways ;)
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • Sunflower1227
    Options
    fairclaire wrote: »
    Evening

I don't suppose anyone has seen Mens mittens anywhere for a reasonable price. DS2 never, ever complains about being cold but he has asked for a hat and gloves today. I have drawers full of both in here in all shapes and sizes so I found him a hat no problem. 2 hours :eek: of trying to teach him to put gloves on has just ended in sheer frustration. It's something I've been trying for years but it's not going to happen. His fingers glue themselves together as soon as his hand goes in the glove :o
    I've looked online and the prices are :eek: Chances are they won't last the winter before being lost anyway so I'd rather not pay a fortune.

In other news, I rang up about my test results. Appointment Tuesday to discuss. That works for me, I didn't want an appointment before the end of this week. I didn't like being poorly with the infection and everything but my body has enjoyed a rest from the chemo and I'm in no hurry to start the next lot next week. So this week, for a few days anyway, I'm infection free and not feeling like a sack of spuds from treatment. I got out in the garden today and it was utter bliss :D there was no one here so I got stuck in and got loads done. Spring bulb pots are all tidied up, pesky weeds that shouldn't be growing at this time of year have been eradicated and I planted some early salad.

And QT is back.....happy days!

What about the stretchy magic mittens, think that's what they are called, or a cheap sports/ ski shop :)
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • fairclaire
    Options
    aau1 wrote: »
    I hope you are still looking both ways ;)

I have dreams about being run over by a ginger driving a bus :eek: it works :p :rotfl:
  • Sunflower1227
    Options
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 15 January 2016 at 2:13AM
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Birds eye beef burgers with onions A's £1 compare against M's at £1 too
    Went to M's tonight to get some but none there.
    tia :)

This is the 4 pack? I would imagine so, as I can't imagine that not being available - i.e. a SEL for it during the day on Wednesday when they are price-collecting - in at least one of their six stores. I would expect that would be in all six and would get the £1 price from at least somewhere! However, I could be hopelessly wrong - I hope I'm not but I would have thought this item was okay.

I think that's what happened on the fabric conditioner that Sal tried that didn't glitch because M came back N/A. I suspect that that specific fabric conditioner wasn't stocked in any of the six stores:( (or three, maybe, that contribute to the England collection).

On the Birds Eye 4 pack Beef Burgers though, I can't imagine that they are not stocked widely. However, as usual, this could just be the stores I've checked:rotfl:. I haven't actually looked specifically for it in all:o, as I already have the item (if I spent time doing that, I'd never have got around all those Ms in the day) but I would have thought it was there in most, if not all, of them.

:eek:I notice msm showing M only just having gone down in price. But was it on £1 in M on Wednesday?:think: Unfortunately - I'm sorry I don't know as it is outside my guide price:o:o:o:rotfl:. Savvy beggar stuck on Savers Beef Burgers:o:rotfl:.

I actually think I did see them (the Birds Eye 4 pack) at £1 in M as there was an offer on that and the 12 pack, next to them, was on full price. That's the only Birds Eye 4 pack that is showing £1 on msm and, although I'm aware that a lot of frozen items are missing from there, I don't think it could be anything else. So I think/hope it was £1 on Wednesday in M! Assuming they do their price collection on Wednesday - they say update on Thursday but don't say what day of the week they collect on now (but I assume it is Wednesday). Unfortunately I can't remember back on Monday (especially with all the new items in between that I have had on Wednesday) as I was concentrating (usefully nonetheless) on TBG items and new (to me:o:rotfl:) items all thoughout Monday. You know - ones that have been in the store, stocked and sold by M for many months and years, that I have not known about:rotfl:!

The 4 pack Birds Eye Beef Burgers looks good to go to me. Famous last words:rotfl:.

HTH.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 January 2016 at 2:18AM
    Options
    Turkey mince still glitching on Thursday evening:

4x ASDA Butcher's Selection British Lean Turkey Mince (500G) £14.00 £8.00 AvM

Paid £2.45 each, 500g, buy in 2s, match £7v£4, £3.40 return on £4.90 spend (plus fillers - cheese works ;))

To check if it should still glitch, like the cheese add one to your basket on the A app or website - if it is still there in the background it tells you to add another item to complete the multi deal.

Wonders out loud if there are any other multis lurking on items that keep changing from high individual price/multi to low individual price like the cheese?

Hth

Anon
  • Savvybuyer
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Turkey mince still glitching on Thursday evening:

4x ASDA Butcher's Selection British Lean Turkey Mince (500G) £14.00 £8.00 AvM

Paid £2.45 each, 500g, buy in 2s, match £7v£4, £3.40 return on £4.90 spend (plus fillers - cheese works ;))

To check if it should still glitch, like the cheese add one to your basket on the A app or website - if it is still there in the background it tells you to add another item to complete the multi deal.

Hth

Anon

This ought to be on the M list. Really. I will put it there, although I hope this is not catching the end of the glitch like it usually is:o:rotfl:.:(:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure