We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Entertaining Lovely Information Travels Elegantly

Options

Comments

• shione
    shione Posts: 304 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Coupon is accepted on ordinary. Works out at 6p a box.....SA willing
    My maths must be crap but how do you u 6p a box, even after 1 coupon TIA
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anon wrote: »

I couldn't find the Finish earlier on a.com:rotfl:. For some reason "Finish 22" brings up no product but "Finish Dishwasher" brings it up.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 January 2016 at 11:16PM
    Options
    RTC C&C heads up - double checked and in my store:

Hydro 5 scan as indicated above £9, percent sel RTC £4.50
    Hydro 5 power £15 online, sel RTC £6.50 (T £6.50)

Hydro 5 and power blades also RTC half price plus Hydro 3 but no good comparisons.

Untested but should work? Medium sized A.

Hth

Anon
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Testing Turkey mince again too as the A app also shows the hidden multi when adding one.

Anon
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    shione wrote: »
    My maths must be crap but how do you u 6p a box, even after 1 coupon TIA

Hi Shione,
    They are £2.48 in A so you pay £1.48 in real money after using the coupon.
    They are £1.17 in W so you get an APG of £1.31 plus 10% of £1.17 which is approx £1.43.
    So you are paying 5/6p
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 14 January 2016 at 11:31PM
    Options
    I know people already have this on comps. and will already know. Loose Ginger not comparing vs M:rotfl:. I think A not 10% cheaper than M even though M is higher price and slowly increased in price to its current price that it has been at for several months.

0.01x ASDA Loose Ginger (Please check weight when added to basket) (PER KG) £0.01 N/A

However, hardly worth bothering with! (I'm glad I didn't buy too much:rotfl:.)

Vs Sains:
    0.01x ASDA Loose Ginger (Please check weight when added to basket) (PER KG) £0.01 £0.04:eek:

The loose garlic is also still N/A vs M, which is a good thing this time as M is more expensive. Compares vs T, S and W 25p vs 30p, M is 30p but returns N/A:). It stopped comparing many months ago for no obvious reason and as far as I know it has never come back since. I have loose garlic in my main M. Made a bit of the difference for me on a shop (I had to buy it in order to get the required spend and it was the only thing I could think wasn't cheaper with the limited range of loose veg. in that store - can you believe they don't have a loose sprout?:eek:) and turned out S was more expensive with M N/A so overall comp. was a few pence better vs M.

I will check the weight thank you very much! Hopefully will result in 1p:D.

I think it is just these price collectors are the ones that are useless on loose veg. in M. May be the same agency as T was or is using. The failure of items in the loose veg area to compare was a major area several years ago that they often missed (when TPP included own brands within it). It won't be the same price collectors though, maybe the same company but in different M stores at different times. So the data will be different.
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 14 January 2016 at 11:44PM
    Options
    Ooh, they've got 35p on the Peanut Snaps:T, so it's a bit better than what I thought. Maybe the M I saw it in had an incorrect SEL of 38p:rotfl: or maybe my memory is not quite correct on that - I'll check what I've actually written down when I reach it later. N/A vs everywhere else - only compares vs M.

1x Snap Sweet Peanuts (33GR) £0.38 £0.35

Told you about this, it was the fact that the product was put onto the aisle end and attracted my attention that made me buy it.
  • Munqui
    Munqui Posts: 3,439 Forumite
    Options
    Cheers squigs :D any relation to squiglet off of cbeebies fame :think:

Even though a few lost to M (M was best overall comp by couple pence), here is the results in full for savvy to dissect if he wishes to.

Finish was charged at 2 for £8.

That's usual! We weren't the cheapest this time :D

Why £34.87?

36 items (14 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x ASDA Smartprice Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (410G) £0.24 £0.24
    1x ASDA Smartprice Ham (125G) £0.61 N/A
    1x ASDA Little Angels Bedtime Lotion (500ML) £0.82 £1.00
    6x ASDA Smartprice Sparkling Water (2LT) £1.02 £1.08
    1x ASDA Shades So Soft White Toilet Tissue (12ROLL) £4.40 N/A
    3x Dextro Energy Blackcurrant + Vitamin C Tablets 47G (47G) £2.07 N/A
    1x Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24H 01 Intense Black (40G) £7.98 £7.99
    1x ASDA Little Angels Bedtime Bath (500ML) £0.84 £1.00
    4x ASDA Little Angels Sensitive Cotton Soft Baby Wipes (64) £2.40 £2.40
    1x ASDA Little Angels Fragranced Cotton Soft Baby Wipes (64) £0.60 £0.60
    10x Finish All in 1 Original Dishwasher Tablets (22PK) £79.80 £50.00
    3x Perfectil Hair & Nails Tablets (30PK) £10.00 £12.00
    1x ASDA Fresh Milk Skimmed (4 PINT) £0.89 £1.00
    1x Asda Little Angels Vapour Bath 500ml (500ML) £0.84 £1.00
    4x Cadbury Fairtrade Wispa Frothy Instant Hot Chocolate (27G) £1.00 £1.28
    1x ASDA Smartprice Wheat Bisks (24X18G) £0.75 £0.75
    1x Lipcote Lip sealer (7ML) £3.68 N/A
    1x ASDA Fresh Milk Whole (4PT) £0.89 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £108.07 £81.34
    +£26.73 cheaper
    underperky wrote: »
    thanks for the cheese and dish washer tablets ...though i have no dishwasher so no tablets
    Cheddar cheese just cant get away with it
    thanks to both ops

I have no dishwasher either :rotfl: any cheap deals on dishwashers or do I sell all 10 boxes on FB :eek:
    #CHEEKY :cool:
  • shione
    shione Posts: 304 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Hi Shione,
    They are £2.48 in A so you pay £1.48 in real money after using the coupon.
    They are £1.17 in W so you get an APG of £1.31 plus 10% of £1.17 which is approx £1.43.
    So you are paying 5/6p
    Ah get it. Thanks. I was just comparing the decaff ones but I`ll do my `thick act` tomorrow (not that hard for me to do) and get the normal teas.
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    rhosynbach wrote: »
    Was being nosey :o as am going to add one on to the new menu we are doing, we have lots of lovely cake stands and teapots and china cups, so just need to decide what to do and how much to charge. Xx

We got probably 3 bread cakes between us cut into thin pieces on bottom row with cheese, salmon, ham, salami plus various pickles on them. Then second tier had about 4 different cake squares about 6cmx6cm cut into 3's, so a slither of each cake each. Top tier had scone lids with jam and cream. Teapot held one cup each. £12.50 pp I just checked. Hth xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure