Entertaining Lovely Information Travels Elegantly

Options

Comments

• gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    I have done no real substantial shopping at all tonight, by which I mean I've largely just got the Finish and the essential filler items (merely a numbers game). However, I bought some Peanut Snaps - more of an impulse purchase - at 38p:eek:, gosh I am going overboard:rotfl: , as curiosity killed the cat wanted to see if it compares vs Morries at the same price. I'll let you know!
    Does anyone know if the Birds eye beef burgers with onions A's £1 compare against M's at £1 too
    Went to M's tonight to get some but none there.
    tia :)
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    You need to stand on the stairs!

:rotfl::rotfl: you obviously have more experience than me. I will remember this. I'm very short and my OH is not much taller, the giant that DS2 has become has thrown us totally
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    fairclaire wrote: »
    Thanks. I'll have a look. Still £10 for a pair of gloves :eek: I'm. not used to laying anymore than £1 or so :o

This has actually been a useful exercise in a round about way. OH and I have taken the decision in light of our circumstances to put DS2 'on the radar' so to speak. That is to contact people who he might require help from should he have neither of us to look after him. It wasn't an easy decision but we both decided it was a right one.
    Anyway, this sort of thing is exactly the sort of basic need that he can't manage by himself....keeping warm. There are many others, like feeding himself, clothing himself.....all very basic things but things he struggles with without help.
    things we provide without batting an eyelid but would be devastating for him if he didn't have them provided.

Eeeee, it's been a very thought provoking process :o

I am confident the elite will be able to help with the mitten problem.I have a lovely friend who knits but it'll be next winter before you got them....she is a bit of a perfectionist and slow with it:rotfl:

I know you are facing some very challenging days ahead...a massive understatement I know...I always find concentrating on the everyday stuff brings comfort....it's the normality that's reassuring when the rest of life seems to be spinning out of control:o planting seeds is good for the soul too....growth, Spring, regeneration and life:T

Keeping everything crossed for some positive news next week:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • fairclaire
    Options
    squigs wrote: »

aww bless you :kisses: that's cheap enough to buy spares as well :D the ones I saw earlier were £20 upwards :eek: Thank you :A
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    QT quote " We have two degrees each, between us". So you both have a degree then??

I liked David getting all uppity cos that lady in the audience pointed at him:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I liked David getting all uppity cos that lady in the audience pointed at him:rotfl:

And of course the classic that armed police would deter 'suicide' bombers. (I think the clue as to if this would work or not is in bold :rotfl: )
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Checked a separate store as only 2 DW in nearest and this one also has both Hydro 5 RTC plus Gillette Mach 3 sensitive disposable 3 pack bc end 1483 RTC £4, MSM £8 A v £4 T.

Could be national as this is one of the very large stores.

Hth

Anon
  • fairclaire
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I am confident the elite will be able to help with the mitten problem.I have a lovely friend who knits but it'll be next winter before you got them....she is a bit of a perfectionist and slow with it:rotfl:

I know you are facing some very challenging days ahead...a massive understatement I know...I always find concentrating on the everyday stuff brings comfort....it's the normality that's reassuring when the rest of life seems to be spinning out of control:o planting seeds is good for the soul too....growth, Spring, regeneration and life:T

Keeping everything crossed for some positive news next week:)

I loved today and I was just in full swing all by myself when OH arrived home from work......I've not been on here much to say but he has stepped up and has a proper job now. It's at the place I work at with other ex-servicemen :whistle: but he goes most days and is earning a good wage.

I was quite annoyed at being told I'd done too much :o I felt OK but I'm aware that others worry about me so I came in. it's a great big learning curve that Im not on my own with.
    There is something very sobering about seeing another person's concerns for you. For me anyway. I'm not used to being the one that's being worried about. it's nice that I am worried about but I'd prefer it if I wasn't
  • fairclaire
    Options
    at the end of QT.....I think it'd be rude to the queen to change the national anthem before she dies. just my opinion

But I am Scottish and would have 500 miles as the Scottish national anthem :D

Jerusalem? it's a good song but I don't get having a town in a different country as a national anthem. That's just me.

Thanks for help on the mittens kittens
  • fairclaire
    Options
    I've ordered 2 sets of squigs mittens so we can expect a heatwave in the next week :D :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure