Frump to Fab 2016 - Lets make it AWESOME!!!

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry I have not posted about the mirror test.......today wa officially cancelled.

I have been feeling below par a few days now and today has been particularly difficult. I haven't been able to get to a doctor for a diagnosis but I'm pretty certain it's campylobacter. I have had it before so recognise the symptoms. I probably picked it up on the cruise.

It's fairly mild but I don't feel too good So I've just had a sofa day, dozing my way through a couple of episodes of "Endeavour". Hopefully I should be ok in a few days. It can last a while - last time I had it for three weeks but I don't think it's as severe this time. Just uncomfortable.

I did manage to have a go decluttering my wardrobe, I now have 4 bags in the boot if the car. 9 pairs of shoes........none of which are very comfortable so out they go.

They may have been cheap, but given that I can't wear them then they were a false economy. I thinks there's a lesson there......

I have found a nice little independent shoe shop. I have now bought 4 pairs from them. They are not cheap but at least they don't cripple me and they Have a nice range of styles and colours.

Going to try and eat something now and just take it easy.
  • pm2326
    pm2326 Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi can I join you all?

I'm very frumpy but want to change!

I only wear makeup when going out for the evening, never during the day, but I only go out 3-4 times a year :o (I'm hoping this will change too)

I lost 4 stone in weight during 2014 but maintained during 2015, I'd like to lose another 2 stone in 2016.

I went to a black tie party in December, I literally had to start from scratch and buy a dress, handbag, get hair coloured professionally (normally buy £1 dye from B&M) buy perfume, jewellery and nail varnish, only thing I didn't buy was the suck it all in underwear and makeup......and I felt fab!

Want to start and makes simple changes that I will stick to and won't frighten the life out of me when considering doing them!
  • dorothy52
    dorothy52 Posts: 457 Forumite
    Options
    Oooooh you seem like a friendly fab bunch. Can I join please? I really need to lose my middle age spread. Pounds have sneaked on since the menopause, more so when I switched to e fag after smoking for 30 years. Can't face weighing myself yet, but think I need to lose at least a stone, preferably a stone and a half. Lost weight successfully twice with sw but in the red days green days era, last time I tried on ee I didn't shift a pound!! So I hope I will find some support and motivation from all my lovely new fab friends
  • sofarbehind
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon LL :( Not a good start to the year...

I had to google campylobacter so I've learnt something today.
    Mortgage overpayments 2018: £4602, 2019: £7870
    Mortgage overpayments 2020: £4620
    Mortgage 2017 £145K, June 2020 £112.6k:o
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    No it's not pleasant....:rotfl: unfortunately I'm a bit prone. I'll give it another week or so. I think I need to start taking probiotics again to boost my immune system.
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Get well soon LL :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Angry_Bear
    Angry_Bear Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi all *waves*.
    I'll be mainly lurking again this year but I may post occasionally ;). I've said elsewhere that in recent years I've had a lot of success improving my weight and fitness, so I'm going to break the mold and not put "lose weight" on my list. For me, I've become a bit of a fitness/action freak, which is great in some ways but isn't generally fabulous (think broken nails and bruises) :rotfl:

So my goals this year are:
    • make an effort to get presentable at the weekend Assuming I'm not out doing something sporty, I'm going to make an effort to put on makeup and shoes (rather than trainers) when we go out at the weekend.
    • get my hair done regularly Sadly, this isn't a "get it styled once a week" sort of plan, more a "get it cut more than once a year" plan :o So yes, get it cut at least every 4 months and highlights at least every 6.
    • find a perfume I like I never wear perfume, and don't even own any. I'd like to find a scent I like that I could wear for special occasions.
    Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?
    ― Sir Terry Pratchett, 1948-2015
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    I definitely try for the healthy meal (and buy juices/fruit to eat on the plane). But I also try to keep moving, so avoid the lounge (unless I'm getting a free facial or similar). I do keep on top of email and stuff, but also do a LOT of walking around the airport!

It's nice when you have time to see places. Not so good when it's an in-and-out trip. I've got a long trip coming up to Canada - 12 days including travel, and am looking forward to the weekend in Vancouver. But not so much to the temperatures, particularly in Calgary! And I know I'll be totally wiped out by the time I get home.

If find I know my way round far too many airports. And I also frequently have no clue which city/country or even continent I'm in :cool:
    I remember those days !!! Waking up and not being sure which country you're in!
    Where in Canada will you be going? I lived there for two years in Saskatchewan but spent lots of time in Calgary, Banff and lake Louise. It's lovely but will be freezing! I remember getting off the plane in a tiny airport when I first arrived and having to walk to the terminal in minus 35C !!!!!
    Take a big coat and gloves, and thermal knickers!!!!
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 January 2016 at 10:38PM
    Options
    tooties wrote: »

I have to confess that i am not wearing any perfume as i have none!
    Ok thats it and i hope i haven't bored you all too much. Back tomorrow.

regards

If you don't have any perfume why not pick up a nice smelling body spray next time you're in the supermarket? Just a £ or two and will make you feel like you've made the effort all the same. Little things count when we're trying to feel better ;)
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,160 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I remember those days !!! Waking up and not being sure which country you're in!
    Where in Canada will you be going? I lived there for two years in Saskatchewan but spent lots of time in Calgary, Banff and lake Louise. It's lovely but will be freezing! I remember getting off the plane in a tiny airport when I first arrived and having to walk to the terminal in minus 35C !!!!!
    Take a big coat and gloves, and thermal knickers!!!!

Calgary, vancouver, montreal and toronto. Hoping not to have to set foot outside, as I don't think I have suitable clothing! :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure