Frump to Fab 2016 - Lets make it AWESOME!!!

Options

Comments

• tooties
    tooties Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone and Happy new year,

I would like to rejoin please.

I started fabbing last year but fell by the wayside, however i did manage to loose 2 and a half stone and i know i look better but more importantly i feel better and my health has improved greatly.

My goals are
    1 Loose another stone and a half, then maintain my weight.
    2 Switch to an e cig as its got to be healther than cigs.
    3 Move house to hopefully better my mental health (dont ask)
    4 Maybe do a distance learning course to improve my mind.
    5 Continue dog walking for exercise.
    6 Be happy.
    7 Implement and continue fabbing.

Good luck to us all.

regards
    :j
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss Tooties, how did you achieve such great results? Distance learning can be a great challenge with the flexibility of working when and where suits you.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • lollyfin
    lollyfin Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    That's amazing Tooties I'm another one who would love to know how you did it.
    Yesterday's fabbing was defuzzing and when I was in the bathroom I thought next time I might give candles around the bath a try and treat myself to some nice bath oils. I love having a bath and think it's probably the perfect place for me to have my me time, I might even go the whole hog and play some relaxing music too :)
    konMarie and fabbing all the way
    Weight loss challenge starting 11st loss in November 4lb
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all and a Happy New Year

If you had to prioritorise your fabbing goals, what would you choose? Mine would be as follows:
    1. Lose weight. I have several stone to lose so to make it less daunting I am looking at 7lbs a month - if I manage that it will be 6 stone in the year which would be fantastic and I would be at my goal weight.
    2. Keep looking after my skin - implementing a beauty routine with weekly facials and have them diarised so I don't miss them.
    3. Keep up my hand care routine and use my beautiful nail varnishes that I have.
    4. Start a pedicure routine.
    5. Get out of a rut with my clothes. I have tonnes in my wardrobe and I hardly wear them as they are 'too good' - Too good for what? for me to wear? It seems a bit daft that I have bought them but don't wear them. I really need to re-evaluate this idea and also[STRIKE] if[/STRIKE] when I lose weight a lot of these 'good' clothes will no longer fit and I will have bought them for nothing.

Sorry if this all seems a ramble but trying to sort the last one out in my head is going to be a struggle:o There probably are other things for me to improve on but I think if I concentrate on these 5 to start with I can look at them again in a couple of months and see how I am going then can alter or add in some more.
  • fuzzyduck22
    Options
    Good afternoon :)

I have some perfume on today despite no plans to leave the house ;)

I like it
    £15900 loan (including interest) over 3.5 years to pay off...can I do it sooner???
    £940/£15900

Weight loss 0/28 lbs
  • liuhutOz
    liuhutOz Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    I'm just off to bed (11 hour time diff from the UK!), today I used my new perfume that I got for Christmas, I put makeup on, and have done 12500 steps according to my fitbit. I'm going to bed later than I wanted to but it's been a good day :-)
    Formally liuhut
    WIN £2008 in 2008 £1836.31 2009 wins - £91!!! 2010 6170.... wins 2011 aprox 2000
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,160 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Having slackened off somewhat during last year I need to get back to this. Work travel has made it difficult to keep to a good diet and exercise regime, but I need to address this before I undo all the good work from last year. I also have a breast clinic appointment on wednesday which has emphasised the need to stop eating sugar and try to increase the proportion of organic produce (especially when it comes to dairy).

My feet are in a terrible state (I've been neglecting them since I've been running less), so this morning I've put on foot cream under my socks. And I'm wearing my running kit, although given the weather it looks more like I'll be paddling. And I haven't actually been outside yet...

Hair is fine - my hairdresser is back from maternity leave. Work makeup is fine - I've bought quite a bit of stuff in duty free recently as it gives me something to do when waiting to get on the plane (sitting in the lounge eating cr*p is not sensible).

I do need to think more about wearing makeup when I'm not at work. And wearing perfume. But the real focus needs to be on diet and exercise - when those are going well everything else seems to fall into place.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Greenbee my DH does his emails & plays on FB while in airport lounges on work trips, he also tries to get through check-in early & into a decent restaurant so he can get a healthier meal than airport / airplane food.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Greenbee - I used to travel with work a lot too and sympathise - it's not glamorous is it! I don't miss it if I'm honest although it was great at the time and I got to see lots of places that I would never have got to by myself.

I managed night cream and eye gel last night but didn't sleep well so I think it was damage limitation rather than a benefit :( but better than not at all I suppose.
    Done the food shop this morning with lots of nice healthy stuff so have no excuse to not eat properly. Just had 2 scrambled eggs on 5 grain toast to keep me going until tea time. Also, walked the dog in the rain for some fresh air and will do it again later for a couple of miles.
    Just had a nice bath and washed my hair as I'm off for an hour long massage at 4pm using an Xmas voucher. Am feeling quite stressed (relationship stuff) at the moment so it should do me some good. my shoulders and back are really tense and painful so hopefully they'll relax a bit.
    Minimal make up on (but look fairly ok) and perfume squirted :)
  • Freckles86
    Options
    I like what lessonlearned said about making the effort now.

I recently lost 10lb in 7 weeks and during it I wore red lippy which made me feel amazing! Also tried false lashes for my Christmas party and again it gave me confidence and felt wonderful.

Having out 3 pounds on over Christmas I'm now ready to shift the last of this weight, probably 10 pounds to a stone. Had a delicious mango shake this morning and been to the gym so ready to get back on track xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure