PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hello everyone. Aren't cats funny, they just invite themselves round and adopt people at will. Our cat has a little gang - they all try and pinch his food......the daft thing lets them and then starts crying.

Have made a start on both the cellar and the garden. The cellar is almost done but struggling with the garden because the weather. Am going to do the kitchen cupboards again. I wasnt ruthless enough first time round. :rotfl:
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 11 July 2016 at 6:50PM
    Options
    Loving the cat stories.

Day off today but not much done, unless condensing two boxes of papers into one box counts.
    But it makes the pile in the hall smaller. :D

ETA One large bag of shred created...
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• wort
    wort Posts: 1,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all not posted for a while,just caught up on all your news.
    Would love a cat again, though we said we wouldn't when ours died ,it makes me smile to read all about your moggies.

Been discussing the conservatory with dh ,it's around 11 years old and I would like to update it and add a tiled roof with velux windows to keep it warmer in winter. So yesterday went to the place that originally built it to discuss it they said about one of those lightweight roofs that have layers of insulation and instead of bricking up the side wall they can add insulation and plasterboard it up so it looks like a wall ,only down side was the price .double what we originally paid:eek:
    So today I've had a play around with the furniture in there and am struggling to decide what to do, also I feel it may make my kitchen too dark!
    Have swapped energy providers, and rang sky yesterday to try and get a better deal but they only knocked a couple of pounds off so I cancelled! I am wandering about free view but don't have an aerial :o
    Decisions decisions. ...
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • Libellula84
    Libellula84 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Hi folks
    Still reading and enjoying everyone's tales of success!
    This week I have managed to kondo a tyre, old microwave and various charity shop fayre.
    The tyre has been annoying me for years and I'm even more annoyed at myself for leaving it so long to get rid of it. What an eejit!
    With regards to Lola and the weans (I'm Scottish!) please please try and get the kittens caught and socialized as I may be wrong but its vital that they get human contact before around 10 weeks, as after that they can be very hard to tame and rehome. My parents foster cats and were hosting Slinky and her five kittens up until last week. Slinky was fully feral so had to be neutered and returned to the farm, but the kittens were cracking wee pets and have all been rehomed. Most charities will catch for you, my dad has quite the reputation round our way for being nifty at snaring rogue kitties!!!
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wort wrote: »
    Have swapped energy providers, and rang sky yesterday to try and get a better deal but they only knocked a couple of pounds off so I cancelled! I am wandering about free view but don't have an aerial :o
    Decisions decisions. ...

Have you looked into FreeSat? You use your Sky dish to receive it.

http://www.freesat.co.uk/
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all
    wort wrote: »
    Hi all not posted for a while,just caught up on all your news.
    Would love a cat again, though we said we wouldn't when ours died ,it makes me smile to read all about your moggies.

Decisions decisions. ...

Wort you don't need to do anything, we cancelled sky years ago, you can still use your sky box as a freeview box it works perfectly fine. We haven't got an ariel the signal comes through the sky box like it does now. You don't get all the channels but we really don't miss it:T
    Leave your sky box plugged in and carry on using the remote just like you do now.

We had a cat for about 16 years he was a rescue cat named roger (by the sanctuary-someone obviously had a sense of humour) I loved him and he was a great cat but I'd never replace him.

Hope everyone is well and has had a good day, I'm not long in from work so just playing catch up.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,004 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Slinky was fully feral

I beg your pardon? I'm nearly housetrained!
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Slinky wrote: »
    I beg your pardon? I'm nearly housetrained!
    :rotfl: I'm sure you a slinky.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • PollyWollyDoodle
    Options
    I used to have a 'six-dinner Sid' - he once half-inched a sausage off the neighbours' barbecue while their backs were turned!

I re-Kondoed one wardrobe yesterday, it only holds one category of clothes; discovered a couple of things worth eBaying and a much-loved leather travel bag, more than 30 years old - it's been on some good trips with me, but I realised I'm never going to use it again.

I've done the thing where you turn the hangers round the other way - never tried it before but I know some of this stuff hasn't been worn in 12 months, I'm hoping this will let me see what I'm not using.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • Libellula84
    Libellula84 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear!!!! Apologies to Slinky!!
    She was a beautiful black cat who was totally house trained but spit and swiped at you if you got within 5 metres of her, or her food!
    This describes me quite accurately, I don't know about you!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport