PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• GoingToDoIt
    GoingToDoIt Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Kondooers,
    I just had a surprise, I was able to kondo the bag of "bay of e stock" which lived in the wardrobe! I've got rid of nearly all of the stuff! Just listed the last few items.
    The bag itself was made of thick card, and so is in the recycle bin. There are still a few items of clothing to go to the bay however these are hanging up for now, I may get round to listing them tomorrow.
    I just can't believe in a few months I managed to get rid of it all, must have been 30 items there originally!
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I still have all my (now grown-up) children's school photos, in their mounts, taking up space in a cupboard. In fact they're taking up an Ikea wooden storage box.

It's just occurred to me that perhaps they could be taken out of their mounts and slipped into a folder with plastic pockets in it. Would the plastic affect the colours, does anyone know? :)
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,177 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    7 more bags of water parsnip out of the stream. I need to find a way to stop it growing. Maybe I can plant something else in there that will repel it?
  • Ches
    Ches Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Options
    ivyleaf wrote: »
    I still have all my (now grown-up) children's school photos, in their mounts, taking up space in a cupboard. In fact they're taking up an Ikea wooden storage box.

It's just occurred to me that perhaps they could be taken out of their mounts and slipped into a folder with plastic pockets in it. Would the plastic affect the colours, does anyone know? :)

The plastic shouldn't affect the photos if its loose but if there is card between photos and plastic and its not acid free then that will affect them. Its the wood pulp that does the damage.
    Mortgage and Debt free but need to increase savings pot. :think:
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ivyleaf wrote: »

I remember reading that some types of plastic are not suitable for storing photos, indeed many of the albums we had made up over many years have crumbling plastic pockets.

A quick search found this, it may be of interest.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Ches
    Ches Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Options
    MM I think thats the ones that have sticky stuff on the plastic. I scrapbook and scrapbook pages all go in plastic page protectors.
    Mortgage and Debt free but need to increase savings pot. :think:
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you very much ches and maddiemay. It's the plastic page protectors I had in mind, so it sounds as if they'll be all right :T
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Temporarily kondo'd low carb diet! We had hospitality at the weekend event and it would have been too rude not to partake of Pimms..... and a small afternoon tea! :D:D

DH pushed the boat out (metaphorically Silva!), and we have had a really great time. A couple of long days but a great success. I think we'll have a lie in tomorrow though, after 3 early starts and very busy days.

Sounds like you've all been very busy while I''ve been playing!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend Everyone,

M
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    7 more bags of water parsnip out of the stream. I need to find a way to stop it growing. Maybe I can plant something else in there that will repel it?

Maybe a pet hippo:rotfl::rotfl:
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sweet pea - good on you for taking an older furbaby. The last 3 we have had have all been 'mature' so no climbing curtains etc - just need peace, quiet and food and will give you purrs and snuggles in return. The rescue places find them difficult to home at times cos everyone wants kittens.
    Loving the updates on your wild cats Mavvy - well done to you for having them spayed (when you can catch them lol)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure