🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

2016: Health, Wealth and CCJ Demolition

Options

Comments

• Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    God I need a day off :(. Worked 2-8 today and am in 4-8 tomorrow, got Wednesday off and then 6-9 Thursday. I'm hoping that my request to drop my Sundays and make up the hours during the week will be approved soon. That would mean that I don't have to do three 6 hour days in a row, followed by a four hour shift, which is what tires me out I think.

Otherwise, I'm feeling okay health wise, just very tired.

Off to bed for me. Be back in the morning as I've got a few things to get done tomorrow.

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Options
    :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:
    This is what I feel like doing at the moment. Just got a letter from DWP. Thought 'this is it, my PIP decision'. Got all shaky opening the envelope, just to find a letter saying: 'We've got all the information we need now. Sorry it's taking longer than expected to make a decision, but we'll let you know when we have'.

What's the f***ing point in that???????? Just make a decision and then let me know!!! Don't send me a pointless letter that gets my hopes up and then dashes them. I might still be waiting weeks on end for a decision.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Emzilla wrote: »
    :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:
    This is what I feel like doing at the moment. Just got a letter from DWP. Thought 'this is it, my PIP decision'. Got all shaky opening the envelope, just to find a letter saying: 'We've got all the information we need now. Sorry it's taking longer than expected to make a decision, but we'll let you know when we have'.

What's the f***ing point in that???????? Just make a decision and then let me know!!! Don't send me a pointless letter that gets my hopes up and then dashes them. I might still be waiting weeks on end for a decision.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh, Emz, my heart goes out to you over this.

Maybe you could think of it as 'no news is good news':j

Really, bureaucracy makes me so mad too, or rather the inefficiency of it:mad:. These departments are supposed to be cash-strapped yet they can waste money on sending meaningless letters.

Will you be in line for a backdated amount after all this delay when they finally give you the thumbs-up? Notice I said 'when' and not 'if';).

Stay strong:kisses3:
  • Emzilla
    Options
    Oh, Emz, my heart goes out to you over this.

Maybe you could think of it as 'no news is good news':j

Really, bureaucracy makes me so mad too, or rather the inefficiency of it:mad:. These departments are supposed to be cash-strapped yet they can waste money on sending meaningless letters.

Will you be in line for a backdated amount after all this delay when they finally give you the thumbs-up? Notice I said 'when' and not 'if';).

Stay strong:kisses3:

Thanks CBC, just didn't realise how much it was weighing on my mind until that letter came through and I felt thoroughly crushed when it wasn't the decision letter. I just want to know, good or bad, so that I can deal with the situation.

I wouldn't get anything backdated as I'm already getting DLA, and it's the same amount as that.

Emz xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,762 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You might be warded a higher rate of PIP. You never know!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Emzilla
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    You might be warded a higher rate of PIP. You never know!!

I'm already on the highest rate for DLA and I don't think PIP is any different, so there won't be any more money coming to me. I just want to keep my car :(

Emz xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You may remember that I deliver Phone Books about 3 times a year. I grumble a lot about it but nothing would keep me from doing it every year;). One of the distribution companies that has now lost the Phone Book delivery contract still has me on their database and someone just phoned to ask if I can do an urgent delivery job of leaflets in specific rural villages on Friday:j.

No idea of pay or how many there'll be but I'm ridiculously excited:o. Might live to regret it if it's pouring with rain:eek: but at least there'll be some (not much:() pay coming my way. When it comes is another matter, they are very slow to pay and always send a cheque which is a real bore as it takes even longer for the money to hit my account.

Every little helps, as they say:T
  • Emzilla
    Options
    You may remember that I deliver Phone Books about 3 times a year. I grumble a lot about it but nothing would keep me from doing it every year;). One of the distribution companies that has now lost the Phone Book delivery contract still has me on their database and someone just phoned to ask if I can do an urgent delivery job of leaflets in specific rural villages on Friday:j.

No idea of pay or how many there'll be but I'm ridiculously excited:o. Might live to regret it if it's pouring with rain:eek: but at least there'll be some (not much:() pay coming my way. When it comes is another matter, they are very slow to pay and always send a cheque which is a real bore as it takes even longer for the money to hit my account.

Every little helps, as they say:T

Well done CBC :) - I hope it's better pay than you're expecting. Might lead to some more work for you too.

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Options
    Day off today :j:j:j. I could tell I needed it yesterday at work. Had a couple of women leave a pile of clothes in one of the fitting rooms. All inside out, hangers everywhere - absolutely no need for it. I know I get paid to do a job, but that is just pure laziness and quite rude I think. I was getting more and more annoyed as the evening went on.

Today I've got 2 MS jobs, which pay £15 between them, plus £5 of free shopping. I've also got an online MS job that MUST be completed today (£11 for that). Also need to pick up my friend's birthday present (freebie with Boots points) and drop it off to her.

Keeping up with my Swagbucks targets and edging closer to a £10 voucher.

We're going to see Daddy's Home on Sunday with my Unlimited card. Going to try and see a movie every Sunday at least.

Emz xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I so agree about the rudeness and laziness of customers, Emz:(. It's a good while since I worked in retail but I still remember the unnecessary extra work because of these people:eek:

My nephew worked at Iceland as a Saturday Boy when he was in the 6th Form and his main job seemed to be tidying the freezer contents all day long:rotfl:. People used to dig down to the bottom for whatever pack they wanted disturbing everything else big-time. He used to tell people it was all new stock and everything had the same use-by date but it fell on deaf ears:(. What they were searching for is a mystery.

I once worked at a clothing store as a temp when things like jumpers were piled on tables and counters all neatly folded up. Despite us telling people that they were all the same size etc they still rummaged through the tidy piles to fish one out from underneath:eek:. One of my main jobs was re-folding and arranging, it was so boring and totally unneccessary:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport