🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

2016: Health, Wealth and CCJ Demolition

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Quite annoyed at the moment. Firstly that OH took the same week off as me. He's a bit like a child and needs constant entertaining - "I'm bored", "where shall we go?", "what's the plan for today?", "let's go out somewhere". Needless to say, I've not had much time for anything else. I get more done when I'm at work (because at least he is too!!).

Secondly, Textbroker has annoyed me. I did that big long article. Took me hours. I followed all of the instructions and thought I did a good job. The client came back and wanted revisions. I spent more time on them, doing what they asked, but in the end, they rejected it - so I spent all that time and effort for nothing :mad:. I complained to TB, but don't think I will get anywhere.

So I cashed out what I had in there and haven't touched it since. I think from now on, I'm going to stick to surveys and competitions. Might not make the £300 a month with that, but as long as I'm making something, that's all that matters.

The carboot was a bit rubbish too. We sold £83 worth of stuff, so worked out we got £25 each (when the £8 pitch fee was taken out). Was hoping for more than that considering the amount of stuff we had. I've started listing some of the leftover stuff on Gumtree, so will see how that goes.

Also up to £25 in the cage fund and waiting on another £10 voucher.

Emz xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So sorry to hear that you're not having the happiest of times, Emz. I know exactly what you mean about not getting much done when OH is at home. I'm exactly the same. Now he's retired he's around so much more:(. The worst bit is that he makes definite plans to go somewhere and then changes his mind at the last minute when I've got my own day all planned without him. Yesterday he spent the whole day mooching around the garden and house just generally getting under my feet when I had urgent stuff to do that needed space and no interruptions. I don't suppose today will be any different either:mad:

I gave up on Textbroker many months ago. I always put 100% effort into following the instructions and the ones that were rejected (for reasons I just couldn't fathom) were the really good payers:(. It happened extremely rarely over several months but to spend so much time and effort and end up with nothing at the end just made it so annoying. One client had accepted lots of articles from me before anyway without any quibble but a very lucrative one where my standard certainly didn't drop (was even higher maybe) was rejected even after revisions. I'd love to have seen the finished article that they did accept;).They still accepted lesser-paying work from me afterwards though.

I'm sorry the carboot wasn't as profitable as you'd hoped but I think you mentioned that the weather was iffy. It doesn't take much to deter the crowds of buyers:(

Andy's losing in NY won't have helped your mood much. I genuinely thought this was his year. I didn't think he'd ever have a better chance of winning it. Oh well, at least he'll be rested for the Davis Cup matches:T.

Sending positive vibes your way although I could do with them myself at the moment.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,758 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Positive vibes to all on this very very wet Thursday.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • I hope you're OK, Emz:). We haven't heard from you for a while.
  • Becoming a tad concerned about you, Emz as you haven't posted anything for 11 days.

Sending hugs your way. Please let us know that you're OK.
  • Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi CBC - sorry, I didn't mean to make you worry. I'm okay, just a bit fed up.

Sick of having no money, we seem to get a bit of money and then something comes up and it goes. We are living from payday to payday. OH gets paid on Friday, but the vast majority of it is already spoken for. The same will be with my wages next month when we get them.

The Chinchilla cage fund has gone. It's my sister's birthday on Thursday and I had to get her a present. Couldn't afford one, so used the money I had on there to get her a Pandora charm. Poor chinchillas :(. Their cage might have to wait for next year as Christmas is fast approaching. I'll make sure they get lots of time out of their cage until then.

I'm going to sign off on this thread. It has gotten a bit negative and I don't like coming here anymore. I need a new positive outlook and a new diary. I feel like if I just knuckle down and really try to change my money situation in the last 3 months of this year, I can start 2017 in a much better position.

I'll post when the new thread is up.

Emz xx
  • Lovely to hear from you, Emz, although really sorry that life isn't going too well for you at the moment.

As for living payday to payday I know exactly what you're going through. It's been like that for several years for me:o. I keep telling myself that I'm resilient and I will get through it but the constant scrimping and saving does get me down sometimes. I just have to remind myself that it's my own fault that things have come to this and I've got to bite the bullet and get on with it. I know your situation is different and not all your financial worries were of your own making and that must be a real bummer for you.

Don't worry about the chinchillas, they won't care that they have to wait for a new cage. I bet you give them loads of love and fun which is more important than swish living quarters;)

Let us all know when you start a new diary/thread. I had a dickens of a job finding you the last time you did it, I thought you were trying to tell me something:eek:

Sending hugs. Try to stay positive:kisses3:
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    You're doing a lot better than you give yourself credit for. Just hang in there and keep us posted if you start a new thread.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport