We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Peppapig wrote: »
    GTQ so sorry you couldn't make the funeral but sometimes circumstances just make decisions for us. Sounds like it must have been awful for her poor family.

SPRINGDREAMS that's a fab picture, is it a photo or one of the stock things you can use if you know what you're doing? I don't get access to the full range of smilies now so can only put the most basic things on.

Hope you're being spoiled FREE.

Hi Peppapig,

It is a royalty free, attribution free image that I got from Pixabay. You download them to your computer, and use a online program like Imgur to upload it from your computer and get an photo to here.
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Some of the Gisela Graham bits on the very site are beautiful. I feel a purchase coming on (when I have tracked down a decent new customer offer).

Who else is itching to put their tree up?! :D

We have a Gisela Graham Christmas tree at work, it is amazing. It was a freebie from Gisela as we have done quite a bit of work on their offices.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • nextyeartina
    Options
    Loving this thread :):):)

Tina x
    The £1,000 emergency fund challenge #163 - £536.16/£1000
  • andie5
    andie5 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, long time lurker here :) I always read your posts but don't always have time to come on and post anything. This offer is on at Smyths for Disney DVD's down to £2 which is so cheap I hope it helps with Christmas pressies!

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/search/?q=disney%20dvd#1&profile=UK
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Welcome ANDIE5, you've delurked now so you have to stay lol :D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Snorkypants
    Options
    Hello!

I love all the snow crafts, they are all fantastic! I particularly liked both fish bowls, specially because you could change the contents seasonally if you wanted to and have it out year round.

I'm not sure what I'll do with 'stocking', I'll have a think.

I didn't do anything festive over the weekend, but I did sort out the garden ready for winter (shed tidy, furniture away etc) so that's something.
  • msgigglewick
    Options
    14523057_10157733880985647_4649612415371919785_n.jpg?oh=a642532479ad0cfc16431f24e4b6865b&oe=5876424C

my new elf :) i love him!!! bigger than i expected but will fit perfectly on top of my new bookcase (when it decides to come) he's an official Portable North Pole Elf :)
    Totally debt free wohooo 2014
    Christmas 2014
    Presents bought **** rrp **** Saved ****
    *SAVE*SAVE*SAVE*
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Free- glad you had a good birthday. It sounded great. Can't beat fish and chips at the seaside.

Mrsgigglewick- I love the elf. It has a nice face. I think the elf on the shelf is shifty looking. The ones we have are acutally gnomes, but the kids are happy for them to be elves lol.

I have been rough with the cold for 2 weeks now. It really came to a head at the end of last week. Starting to feel a bit more normal today. It was horrible as I ended up really fuzzy headed and clumsy.
    I just need a good nights sleep. I had a vivid and upsetting dream about my Mum last night. It's coming up to the 4yr anniversary of her passing. So she must have been in my head. But it has thrown me for the whole day and made me feel weird.

The heating finally went on for 40mins this morning. Just to take the chill off. First it's been on since March. But it's getting chillier at night, so looks like it will need to be back on timer soon. At least for the morning til the kids are ready for school. But really trying to watch my bills this year.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,679 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello!

Sorry I have been slightly AWOL

I have started my Xmas shopping though which is nice and have had my daughters shopkins things turn up and her daschund nintendogs game.

Also in the process of my Holiday Grand Plan clear out have come across 2 post office gift cards :eek: and £30 worth of book tokens so am now looking them up where to use them - think a trip is in order to Neath tomorrow to pay in cheques to my account and to see if I can use these tokens in the Works or WHSmiths.....not entirely sure what I will get yet but I have a few gifts in there that I could grab. :D and then I can tick a few more off my list

I have also had a clear out of our clothes and have decided to brush down my old sewing machine. My minx has got one of these Design A Dolls that she loves and my hubby managed to win her a rare set of Design A Friend twins on Ebay - so I am going to use the old clothes to make some new clothes for them - and I helpfully have her current doll to model them on for size fittings etc :D:D She should be happy come Xmas morning.

I have also listed a few bits on Ebay - 2 dresses at the minute but my little clear out is going ..... and I shall have a few more bits to list tomorrow so hoping that brings in a few pennies.

ANDIE5 - Welcome, and you cant delurk and then run away again!
    Also thank you fro the disney DVD information - thats the hubbys lunchbreak tomorrow filled :-)

Happy Belated birthday to FREE and GWENDOLYN

NEXTYEARTINA - hello and welcome

MsGiggle - awww your elf is fab!

GTQ - how are you feeling now lovely?

0462 - count me in for the stocking challenge

CHRISSY - glad pooches diet is going well

Feisty - hope your little one liked her swimming lesson - I feel your pain though me and swimwear dont mix either!
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    Current weightloss - 2lbs (week 1)
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Gosh, quiet on here!

Had an email from The Works, they have some Christmas books for £2, looked to see if I could get them on my kindle, £4, I don't think so!

Bought a limited addition liquid soap in Sainsburys, spiced apple, it smells quite strong, but think it will be nice to use over the Christmas period.

Feeling more human now, most of the rash is clearing, although I do have little bits of fresh rash, but the pain is awful. Really sensitive under my arm, which is hit by the inability to use deodorant as too painful, but also sleeves & the relevant seams which congregate there. Keep telling myself it is week 3 since pain began, I have to be on the home straight now!

Got to have my ear syringed on Friday, cannot wait to be able to hear properly again. Starting to feel like an old crock :D
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport