🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,378 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hmmm wish I could explain my weight as a dental stick problem! Vx
     :
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Options
    Me too, Vulpix, 4 days of no eating, just water, and a whole half pound weight GAIN! l mean, how is that? l was consoling myself that at least being yukky would lose a little, but, no, not to be! An old friend once said that after the change women 'widen or wizen' she wasn't far wrong.
    l think DNs OH is coming back at the weekend to help me look at computers, so l will see if she can show me how to load a photo onto here, and how to post a link.
    this months challenge, DGN needs a santa stocking, so l may try that.
    gorgeous sunshine today, so beds changed and bedding out on the line, wont get many more chances for outside drying got to make the most of it.
    Glad you got spoilt, Free, you deserve it.,
    My friend loved her hamper, eventually l added a small (cheap, £3.99) herb planter and wrote a note saying retirement mint she had Thyme to watch Cori-and-er anything else she wanted.
    DS2 came yesterday and left his shopping vouchers, he gets them every year, however much l use l give him cash for, which he feels is 'extra' and as l buy all the presents he gets for family, l can usually use them for that too. I may use them for a new laptop, unless quidco are the best place to buy.
    Hope you all have sunshine today, and time to enjoy it. xx
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Pieced some beautiful pieces of festive cotton fabric up at the boot this morning for 10p each! Got 11 for £1.10 plan to make hair bands and bookmarks with them. Really pleased.
    Got some lovely Christmas cards as well.
    Looked at the lush website yesterday very tempted but isn't it expensive now. I remember when it was 'cosmetics to go' mail order only and it seemed a lot less commercial then.

Have a good Sunday all.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Belated birthday wishes Freespirt :bdaycake: sounds like a wonderful day and you still have a xmas shopping trip to look forward too

belated birthday wishes Gwendolyn

GTG what an awful experience for those involved funerals are so hard anyway mistakes like that should never happen.

Fiesty hope the swimming went well

thanks to whoever posted re the bogof tesco sweets offer

sorry I've been mia and haven't had the chance to read back yet as started my new job this week and I'm knackered. Its not particually hard and I'm enjoying it but the standing for hours is going to take some getting used to and is also causing my fibro to play up so I've been crashing as soon as I get in and I haven't had the energy to do anything else.

not sure if anything is a repost but-
    The boots xmas book is out :D a little disappointing but I do enjoy having an actual book to look through
    Tesco had choc truffles shaped like sprouts & new potatoes the potatoes were very realistic if a bit pricey at £3.50 for a small bag. they also had large xmas kinder eggs.
    Asda had some nice book/toy gift sets finding dory & frozen £6 and a xmas elf one for £4.
    M&S have the shortbread tins 1/2 price. I like the stag design this year though could have been a little more xmassy

Ikea swipe and win is back spent £2 on light bulbs for my lamp and won a £10 food court voucher so will pick up some bits for xmas.
    I did a few orders for bits to go in dd stocking using the superdrug offer so some of the gift sets are going in the xmas donation box.

I'd better shoot and stop world war 3 :wall: I swear one they are going to give me a nervous breakdown will try and pop back later

Tc all
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mandco wrote: »
    Belated birthday wishes Freespirt :bdaycake: sounds like a wonderful day and you still have a xmas shopping trip to look forward too

belated birthday wishes Gwendolyn

GTG what an awful experience for those involved funerals are so hard anyway mistakes like that should never happen.

Fiesty hope the swimming went well

thanks to whoever posted re the bogof tesco sweets offer

sorry I've been mia and haven't had the chance to read back yet as started my new job this week and I'm knackered. Its not particually hard and I'm enjoying it but the standing for hours is going to take some getting used to and is also causing my fibro to play up so I've been crashing as soon as I get in and I haven't had the energy to do anything else.

not sure if anything is a repost but-
    The boots xmas book is out :D a little disappointing but I do enjoy having an actual book to look through
    Tesco had choc truffles shaped like sprouts & new potatoes the potatoes were very realistic if a bit pricey at £3.50 for a small bag. they also had large xmas kinder eggs.
    Asda had some nice book/toy gift sets finding dory & frozen £6 and a xmas elf one for £4.
    M&S have the shortbread tins 1/2 price. I like the stag design this year though could have been a little more xmassy

Ikea swipe and win is back spent £2 on light bulbs for my lamp and won a £10 food court voucher so will pick up some bits for xmas.
    I did a few orders for bits to go in dd stocking using the superdrug offer so some of the gift sets are going in the xmas donation box.

I'd better shoot and stop world war 3 :wall: I swear one they are going to give me a nervous breakdown will try and pop back later

Tc all

Hello, just sticking my head in here now xmas is beginning to show even more. I've actually started my shopping now, began last month. I too was very disappointed with the Boots catalogue. I'm so glad I'm not the only was who was :(
    :money::rotfl::T
  • nextyeartina
    Options
    https://www.clintonsretail.com/gifts/filter/character-or-range/pot-of-dreams,pots-of-dreams

Saw these today in Clintons. More designs in store. Deal of the week

Tina x
    The £1,000 emergency fund challenge #163 - £536.16/£1000
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,201 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Some of the Gisela Graham bits on the very site are beautiful. I feel a purchase coming on (when I have tracked down a decent new customer offer).

Who else is itching to put their tree up?! :D
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options

Who else is itching to put their tree up?! :D

That would be me then:o

Made a start on a pressie for ds1, I bought a large box fame and have lined it with music style wrapping paper and written something in scrabble tiles. Need to get Dh to cut a slot in the top and it's somewhere for him to store all his concert tickets in.:D
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Welcome NEXTYEARTINA and SARAHJ, never too early for Christmas!

MANDCO standing us the most tiring thing, hope you soon get used to it. Glad you like the job though.

MRSM that fabric was a good buy. I don't normally 'do' Lush, the shop always smells too strong for me but I'm going tomorrow to get three bath bombs for my brother in law for Christmas - we have a £10 per adult limit so three is all he'll get lol. Might put them in the 'make your own bath bomb' jar from Holland and Barrett that I got as part pressie for eldest DGD and move the kit to a smaller jar that I already have which I think will suit DGD more anyway.

PAVLOVSDOG - definitely me! Desperate to get the decs out!

Still thinking about the stocking theme, don't actually need a stocking so might need to think a bit more laterally this time.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family