* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• FeistyFidget
    Options
    Peppapig wrote: Β»
    Oh dear, I'm going to be last again! MURIE mine is almost the same as yours lol, and I'm going to put a lid on with a light! will try to upload again now. Loving what everyone has done.

Ok let's try again.

image_zpszri8alml.jpeg
    image_zps6ouzlean.jpeg

Great minds think alike in this group 😊 It looks fab!

I loved all of your makes, who knows I may even be able to join in next month 😊

The Christmas shopping has started and I think I'm just going to get everything ordered early and then wrapped as I want to enjoy my first Christmas with little my!

Our studio order had another glitch when I received the bill today. They awarded me with an additional Β£10 credit as so little my has got 3 main presents for Β£15! (Studio full price was Β£35!) we are very happy with this, but not sure if we should go mad with more gifts for little my or be sensible as she's going to be spoiled by everyone else and at 11 months she won't have a clue.

I've also been very mse and scoured the local selling sites for toys for her to play with now. I've spent Β£12.50 (plus petrol collecting) and she has some great condition wooden and electric toys to pick up tomorrow that are on sale at the moment for over Β£100!
    [/COLOR]
    2024 Challenges
    Live in the moment more and appreciate the small things
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options
    happy birthday free xxx
  • msgigglewick
    Options
    Happy birthday free!!

LUSH CHRISTMAS IS NOW LIVE!! just search christmas for the products as no link on main page just yet... early bird l
    Totally debt free wohooo 2014
    Christmas 2014
    Presents bought **** rrp **** Saved ****
    *SAVE*SAVE*SAVE*
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy 50th Birthday Free!!!
    Hope you all have a fab day xx
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    For those that have been asking about Baby Boo she wants everyone to know that she is Ok and reads the thread as often as possible. She sends her love to everyone on here and thanks them for asking after her x
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm still reading along but real life is busy at the moment.

Loving all the 'snow' crafts - you are all so talented. :)

Purchased my first Christmas present - a mug for my Dad. Hope that his current mug lasts until Christmas as it has a crack in the handle!

Happy 50th Birthday Freespirit :bdaycake: Hope that you have a lovely day.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - Β£520 : SPC 11 - Β£975 : SPC 12 - Β£845 : SPC 13 - Β£700
  • Karrie1uk
    Karrie1uk Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Happy birthday freespirit. Hope you have a lovely day

:bdaycake:
  • Gwendolyn
    Gwendolyn Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    Happy Birthday Freespirit!

Hope you have a wonderful day.

I passed another year this week and the day went unmarked again. I think unless it's a big one people forget - even my family!

I wanted to share a little success story - it's my son's birthday this month and I wanted to buy a National Geographic Kids subscription for him. I searched around as it's normally around Β£36 per year, thinking I might find a 10% off voucher or something that saved a little bit. Low and behold it was on the clubcard Boost website for Β£13 of vouchers! I'd even forgotten I had those vouchers - so that was a lovely surprise.
    Just goes to show best to do a quick internet search before you buy anything. When it comes to big items then I always do my research - for example, I had to replace my hoover this week, which required several hours of looking at models, deciding on a short list and pricing those properly. I'm happy with my decision even though I know the model I bought was Β£10 cheaper at some point during 2016 because I needed one now.
    With the smaller stuff, I haven't tended to compare prices, and with certain things it never occurred to me. Now I realise I could be missing a trick!
  • Karrie1uk
    Karrie1uk Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Well I ave had a relaxing morning. DH got up with DS today who has reverted back to 5am starts. So I got a lie in to 8.15 i know it doesn't sound much but it was heaven, DS is back to sleep at the minute he has had an awful cold so hoping the early starts are because of that. Anyway I think I have finally got caught up in the last couple of days with a hot cup of tea (doesn't happen very happy).. Man this page has started to move.

Loving all the Christmas crafts I am feeling very inspired so will be def doing this months challenge.

Free - where did you get the let it snow for your frame? Is it transfer?

Murie and peppa- loving your fish bowls. Such a simple idea that looks really expensive! Thinking it would be nice on my hall table.

As for the snowmen biscuits yum and I wish could knit also.

So been very MSE recently. Changed my bank account over to M&s who give you Β£100 gift card to switch and then top it up Β£10 each month for 12 months if you have 2 direct debits and Β£1000 going into each month. I went part time gave in August so wasn't surfe I would get the wages bit but I scraped in. So keeping my gift cards for presents for next year. You got to love free money

Also i doing a Royal Mail survey.. So nearly have Β£40 of love to shop vouchers.

Ps I picked up the boots catalogue yesterday in store
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Happy Birthday FREE, hope you have the most fabulous of days!

Belated Happy Birthday GWENDOLYN and well done on the club card boost!

MURIE, thanks for the news on BABY BOO, very glad she's ok.

Glad you've had a lovely start to the day CARRIE, maybe all weekends should start like that (if only).

Well I'm having a dolls house day today, I'm doing a china shop so have started the painting this morning. This one was put together when I got it so I've started by knocking a few bits off it where they weren't quite done how I like them. I feel the heating may be on shortly, feel like being cosy today and it's pretty damp outside at the moment.

Happy Saturday everyone.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family