* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    plumduff they are lovely! You are a very talented knitter x
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Oh dear, I'm going to be last again! MURIE mine is almost the same as yours lol, and I'm going to put a lid on with a light! will try to upload again now. Loving what everyone has done.

Ok let's try again.

image_zpszri8alml.jpeg
    image_zps6ouzlean.jpeg
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Peppapig
    Options
    The gloves are lovely PLUMDUFF.

Ha ha at the Blues Brothers comment PINKSTEPS, they actually do look like them, plus delicious

FREE another gorgeous one - how do you keep the snow piled up at one side, is it glued? I'd like to have a go at these.

Nice to see you back DOMRAVIOLI and sorry that you've had such a rough year.

MURIE, what can I say, great minds think alike!

TREASUREQUEEN I'm def going to write down how I did it this time because trying to upload has driven me mad today! On the iPad I finally did it by choosing to share the pic then choosing copy and then it finally gave me the img share option. Up until that point I just didn't have the option.

VULPIX, don't know what I did earlier, just know I couldn't do it again when I tried!
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Peppa--SNAP!! (I only did mine yesterday lol) Where dd you get the larger tree from?
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Peppapig
    Options
    MURIE, It was one that I bought to do a Christmas scene in one of my dolls houses but I didn't use it so I dabbed some white emulsion on it and used it here instead.:D
  • Peppapig
    Options
    Sorry for the multiple posts - what's next month's challenge 0462?
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    I definately can't pick a favourite, everyone's snow challenges are brilliant.
    Well done to everyone that took part.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • plumduff55
    Options
    I love these challenges as it's really got me in the Christmas mood. I wouldn't have knitted these gloves and now I am knitting a toy snowman as well. Meant to get it finished for today but running behind.

Last weekend I checked out my pressie cupboard and found things I'd forgotten I'd bought. So I have plenty of bits and pieces. I still have to buy eldest ds and dd their presents. This is the first Christmas in many years that my dd will be home and I'm so excited. I've no idea what to get her as she will be be going abroad again in January and always travels light. Any ideas on what to buy a world traveller???

Can't wait to hear what the next challenge is xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • FeistyFidget
    Options
    GTQ I really hope your shingles clear up soon lovely xxx
    Peppapig wrote: »
    Just posting quickly as I should really be in bed.

GTQ don't worry, we still love you, stinky pits and all lol :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: seriously though I hope the shingles clears up quickly.

CHERRY, good news on the house front, hope exchange goes smoothly.

FREE, NIC, PRINCESSKITTY thanks for the good wishes. Chemo went well, number nine done, bring on number ten!

Having a day indoors tomorrow so all being well will finish my snow challenge and be ready to reveal on Friday (if I can find my photo upload instructions). Night night all, sweet dreams.

Glad number 9 went well! Xxx
    04624181 wrote: »
    Hiya everyone,

A big welcome to the newbies xxx

Im sorry for not being on, im losing the battle of trying to find ANY spare time at all!!
    The job unfortunately is worse and im seriously thinking of jacking it in already. Its making me feel ill. The idea of the job was so perfect but the reality is so not good.
    Peppa- yay for number 9 chemo done!! lol I lose hours going in those shops. I went into home bargains today and came out with a blublu the dolphin for dd for christmas. Reduced to £29.99. DD mithered me for it last year and its on her list again this year so my dad is getting it her for christmas.
    GTQ- hope you start to feel better soon x
    cherry24-exciting times about your move, good luck x
    snorkypants-your snowcraft is lovely x I too ordered some bath bomb kits from holland and barratt, do they email you when your
    parcel gets to store?
    free- Glad you have enjoyed your alone time, bet your glad the kids are back though too. The new baileys flavour sounds gorgeous
    princess kitty29-5.30:eek::eek: Maybe get him a paperound lol x I love your tealights
    newthrift- lol the pages are moving so fast now, i keep trying to keep up but fail miserably
    pinksteps- hope you are ok xx
    clumsy42-hope the antibiotics work for you and you start to feel better xx
    murie- how are you doing?

Hope all the snow crafts are going ok xx

I'm sorry the job is awful, as others have said it isn't worth the upset xxx
    murie wrote: »
    IMG_20160929_183052_zpsahmdehjl.jpg

Heres my challenge take 2 (without the helping paws and teeth of a certain Mr Bailey!)

Beautiful! I can picture it now twinkling away with the Christmas tree up, a nice Yankee candle burning and a festive hot chocolate :)
    [/COLOR]
    2024 Challenges
    Live in the moment more and appreciate the small things
  • FeistyFidget
    Options
    This is my snow craft challenge it will go with my first challenge craft:

IMG_1276_zpsxifw4rds.jpg

Looking great!
    Pinksteps wrote: »
    Ooooh well done on the crafts, I'm afraid I haven't felt 100% but managed to make these yesterday even though my DS asked why would I want to make gingerbread snowmen that look like the blues brothers. He still ate them though!

image_zpsjubqq2s9.jpeg

image_zps3thbtjpa.jpeg

You did make me chuckle as they do look like festive blues brothers lol
    Great job though :)
    plumduff55 wrote: »
    Hi, Murie, Freespirit and Pinksteps - I love your challenges. Its great to see what others are doing and get ideas. I've knitted snowmen fingerless gloves. They're adult size and now I have to figure out how to make them for my 3 year old granddaughter xx

14b69fd.jpg

I am in awe, I can just about make the simplest of patterns, so this to me is amazing!
    [/COLOR]
    2024 Challenges
    Live in the moment more and appreciate the small things
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills