* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• princesskitty29
    Options
    Just thought i'd share the Halloween craft I did the other day - mummy jam jars! It is literally bandage material wrapped around a jam jar with wiggly eyes stuck on and LED candles inside. I made six to dot around the house and they will be great for the little tea party i'm doing for Wiggle's friends as i'm going to have a darkened living room with lots of things that light up. Sorry the quality of the pics aren't great!

20160925_192743_zpsh7spbe56.jpg

20160925_192706_zpsbz3lhjnh.jpg
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Morning all
    Happy birthday spendless and white satin.
    Hope everyone is well

The mummy jars look fantastic Princesskitty
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    WOWZA, so I just caught up on the past 4/5 pages :eek::eek: so this is going to be a long post, I apologise.

Murie – Next time I am in home bargins I will take a look for the gingerbread candle!

Princess – I love the idea of wrapping bandages round jars with wiggly eyes for Halloween. UPDATE just seen the picture, they look even better than I thought!!!

Snorkypants – I need some Christmas tea towels, I have Christmas oven gloves :D and now I see Matalans are £1.50 from your post I’m going to have to go look :rotfl: Your snow craft is lovely.

GTQ Oh no not shingles :eek: hope you are feeling better?

0462 Hope things on the job front settle down soon for you.

Gwendolyn The other year I brought some cheapo crackers, undid them and added my own gifts in extra, went down a storm on Christmas day :)

Sammy Happy Anniversary for Monday just gone. I hope your mouth has cooled down from the over spiced mince :eek: :rotfl: I’m not one for much spice either, feel your pain!!!

Clumsy Thanks for the updated chirstmas live shops – I’m off to look at paperchase in a mo :D

Feisty Although you are hesitant, it sounds like a good opportunity and would be a shame to pass it over.

Free Lovely that you managed to enjoy some you time, it’s always nice to just have some time to yourself :) Think it makes everything much better. Hope the kids had a nice time in Jordan. The cakes turned out lovely thank you, I was really pleased. I agree, internet shopping really is so easy.

Treasurequeen :rotfl: Cake making went well and I didn’t eat too many haha!!

Happy Birthday Spendless and Whitesatin hope you both have lovely days.

peppa glad chemo went well, roll on the last one :D

The cake and cupcakes turned out well, if you follow me on insta you will of seen the photos. Everyone was happy and I got some good reviews about the cupcakes (the big cake I just decorated as it was a fruit cake they already had). Day was lovely and the weather was great.
    We are now getting all prepped to go away next week, i'm ready for the break and it will be the first time our little group of friends (6 + 1 baby + 2 dogs) have been away together. We do loads anyway but never actually been on holiday, so will be nice.
    I've not done my craft yet but I don't have loads on tomorrow so I'm hoping i'll get something done then, just in the last minute :rotfl:
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options
    Welcome to all the new contributors and love to everyone else here.
    I have not been a hundred percent but I had my injection yesterday and feeling a tad brighter today. Thanks for all the messages, you know who you are and they keep me going. xx
    On a present front everything is bought or ordered although I would like to get DS something extra but he doesn't want/need anything so I'll just have to keep an eye out, was thinking of one of the bird feeders that attach to the window so wouldn't mind knowing if anyone has/had one.
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Morning everyone,

:bdaycake:HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPENDLESS AND WHITESATIN :bdaycake:

PEPPAPIG yayyy so glad all went well, you are smashing it lady!!!!!

PRINCESSKITTY aww i love the mummy jars they look fab!

NEWTHRIFT the cakes looked lovely on IG, hope you have a fab holiday next week!

PINKSTEPS glad you got the injection i hope it makes you feel much better and lasts a bit longer than the last one my lovely. I havent ever had one of the bird feeders that stick to the window but i think they are great!
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Snorkypants
    Options
    Newthrift - I really like the sound of Christmas oven gloves. Last year I nearly bought a Christmas bathmat but resisted...now I'm thinking I could look for it again on ebay....
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Newthrift - I really like the sound of Christmas oven gloves. Last year I nearly bought a Christmas bathmat but resisted...now I'm thinking I could look for it again on ebay....

We always buy something silly but useful for each other, my mum thought I was nuts giving her Christmas oven gloves, but they got used:D Unfortunately, the mouse trap my brother gave her also had to be used :rotfl:
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pinksteps I brought my grandad a bird feeder that sticks on his window the other year from Amazon and it's still there. He loves it as he can't get out well anymore and he gets a lovely array of birds arriving on it. Will see if I can track back in my order history and post it on here
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options
    newthrift wrote: »
    Pinksteps I brought my grandad a bird feeder that sticks on his window the other year from Amazon and it's still there. He loves it as he can't get out well anymore and he gets a lovely array of birds arriving on it. Will see if I can track back in my order history and post it on here

Oh lovely, I prefer to get one that's recommended especially if it's still holding strong. Mind you, the state of my house the windows will probably fall out with the sheer sniff of a robin!
  • Clumsy42
    Options
    Happy Birthday Spendless and Whitesatin! _party_

Afternoon all.

I've finally been to see a GP. Got some antibiotics (for the first time in many many years) and am hoping that my sample comes back positive for infection or it may be something else that is harder/slower to treat! :( Would really like to be problem free before my graduation ceremony in November.

Not much doing on the Xmas front I'm afraid. The emoji bracelet arrived for my niece and it is pretty cute. Hoping the Boots guide is out soon! It must be nearly time surely! :rotfl:
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport