* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Snorkypants that looks lovely, I was wondering what snow raft challenge was, I think I'd missed that being discussed.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • sammy_kaye18
    Options
    Snorky - your snow challenge is beautiful - I may just have to borrow that for christmas cards for older relatives - do you by chance know what the count was for the aida?

Afternoon all - well today is my second anniversary so I wont be about much today as I am spending quality time with hubby as we both have a day off together and are out for dinner tonight. I weigh in tomorrow :eek: not exactly the best plan!
    Then I am working near enough all week

Plus side - I rejoined ebay and last night managed to win my little minx a shopkins playset for £15 which should easily be £24.99 and I have located a few of the elusive furbys so I am now watching them eagerly to see if I can nab one for her.

I think her Xmas this year will be Ebay finds mainly as I can get everything on there it seems.

Right best be off
    Talk tomorrow

WELCOME NEWBIES!

Ellie - so glad it went well and hope your not too uncomfortable
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    Current weightloss - 2lbs (week 1)
  • Snorkypants
    Options
    Thanks mrs-moneypenny and sammy_kaye:)

I used 14 count aida so it came out quite large - was that what you meant?
  • Gwendolyn
    Options
    Snorkypants - love the craft - it's so pretty.

I have been miserable all day (first birthday without my mum). And so I've been trying hard not to binge on Christmas decorations. I know I don't need them and I know they'll only be used for two to three weeks. When I really need a new hoover and would like a new duvet - both of which would have year round use. *sighs*

One of my Christmas presents for my niece arrived today - a mermaid tail leg blanket thing. It's only a bit of fun but she's a girl who's really into sport and doesn't like most things 9 year old girls like. I'll get her something else too - but I thought this would be fun to snuggle under in their cold house when she gets back from rugby in the winter. It was pretty cheap at £7 and wasn't bad quality considering the price.
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    SNORKYPANTS your snow challenge is fab. I still have to put mine together - I'm determined not to be late with the show and tell this month.

Welcome to the thread 8-OF-US.

ELLIE so glad the laser treatment went well, you must be so pleased.

GWENDOLYN I usually do crackers for the Christmas table. I buy a cheap, but nice looking, box of crackers from B&M, usually about £2.99, then carefully open them, take out the rubbish toy that's inside and replace it with something nicer (nail varnish, miniature drink bottle, etc). It works really well.

FREE, thank you, had bloods this morning and haven't heard anything so it looks like treatment number nine is on for tomorrow.

PINKSTEPS hope you're ok.

I bought some Christmas gift bags today so I can start finishing some of the pressies I've bought. Also got the first bits for a couple of Christmas shoe boxes for my Santa Paws project so I'm feeling quite festive. I've reminded DH that I'm still waiting for him to cut a circle of Mdf for my snow challenge and he's promised to do it in the morning so I should hopefully be able to get it put together tomorrow evening.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Options
    Hello everyone...just checking in! Have had a busy weekend..went to a wedding at Drayton Manor which was great. Had a lovely time spending time as a family of 4 :) Spent today boxing my eldest sons room up in preparation for our house move...have been told that we should complete before 19th November. Eeek :)

I am so stuck on what to buy my 2 sons...they are both still little. My eldest (just turned 3) is getting a little upset when he goes to nursery so as I was off work today we had a little game of "guess who is going to pick you up from school" before he went in.

He was gutted when mammy was there waiting for him, and not Santa. Haha! I usually log in during the day when I'm on a break at work, so will catch up tomorrow. :)
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Evening everyone, why is it you see things you want but when you are able to buy them you can find bu**er all??? Poor DD1 was running around trying to get party banners and tableware today for my 50th and all that she saw before her holiday was nowhere to be seen, bless her then she tried to get me a bottle of the new Baileys Pumpkin Spice she had seen online tesco were doing an offer on it but couldnt get that either, then to top it all we drove 15 miles to a town where a shop had advertised a selenite tower that i wanted but when DD1 went in there it was nowhere near as big as they had made out, she did all this while feeling bleurgh.

ELLIEW8 glad you are pleased with your vision, it must be great having perfect eyesight without a pair of goggles on :D

PEPPAPIG that is great news just think this time tomorrow you will be on your way to number 10 yayyyy :)
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Money_maker
    Options
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you Money Maker- ordered a stag quilt cover for DS.
    lovin' this site!
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family