* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    clumsy- Thanks for the Fitbit advice. I'll have a good look.

Ellie- glad the laser surgery went well. I'd love to have it done. But a bit scared. I had operations on my eye as a youngster and hated the feeling when recovering.

Free– your week sounded great, so nice to have time for your self. Ypur poor DD not being able to find stuff, I hate that, when you don't get something when you see it, then they don't have it. Usually it's because I can't remember where I saw it lol.

Peppa- hope your treatment goes well today.

Just ordered DD anew winter jacket. Struggled to find a decent waterproof but warm one in the shops. Ended up getting a nice regatta one from the outlet. She wanted one with a detachable fleece so she can wear the jacket in the spring and not be roasting. Quite happy she is still asking for Regatta and not Superdry or Hype like most of her friends. Her jacket was £14.95 (rpr £60) and theirs was £80 and not even waterproof! I give her a year and she will probably change lol.

Just enjoying a coffee before the school run and work. Tuesday's are busy with 2 different dance classes, one is an hour drive away. So I won't get on later. Have a good day everyone x
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • elliew8
    Options
    Morning all! First day of wearing tights to work, think that means autumn is well on its way :D
    Welcome 8-of-us :)
    Snorkypants the snow craft is really pretty, wish I could do something like that!
    Sammy, Peppa, Free and Nic thank you for the well wishes, I just wish I'd done it sooner now
    Hope you enjoyed your anniversary Sammy and the weigh in goes well
    Peppa, that's good advice about the crackers - I have a very boozy family so the mini bottles of spirits would be great
    Freespirit I hate that when you've seen it and then kick yourself for not getting it at the time... and I'm wearing goggles to bed for a week so I don't rub my eyes whilst I'm asleep, my DH said he thought he'd woken up next to a Chinese fighter pilot lol
    Thank you Treasurequeen and Moneymaker for the heads up on asda, some lovely duvet sets on there and really reasonable
    Nic, I'd definitely recommend it - don't get me wrong it is painful but it only lasts a few hours and it really does give miraculous results, so for me absolutely worth it :D
    In our hallway we have numbered blocks with a plaque saying 'Days until Christmas' which we turn the plaque around and leave out all year...I changed it last night to 90 days until Christmas and got quite excited :o nearly October now...it will be ramping up soon in the shops - can't wait!
    I'm dreaming... of a white Christmas :snow_grin :xmassmile:rudolf:
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Morning everyone, well i hate to say it but no wonder the internet is winning in the shopping stakes instead of the high street, after yesterdays no shows, DD1 ordered a load of stuff yesterday at about 3pm and it was all here this morning at 8.45, you cant beat that kind of service can you??

SNORKYPANTS btw i meant to say on last nights post your snow craft challenge is fab, really pretty.
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • princesskitty29
    Options
    I popped into the local charity shop this morning to see if they had any Christmas books and I managed to find ‘Coming Home for Christmas’ by Julia Williams so I bought that as another addition to my Christmas reading. I have advised DH that I need Saturday morning to go shopping, we don’t have many convenient shops near us any more so I’ve blocked out a couple of hours to go and do a big shop. Hopefully I’ll really make a dent in my Christmas present buying so looking forward to that!

Hello and welcome 8-of-us! :wave:

freespirit ah you really needed some ‘me time’, glad you enjoyed it! Bless your DD, I’m sure you appreciate all of the effort more than the actual things! But it is typical, things never seem to be around when you actually go to buy them!

Snorkypants I love your cross stitch craft it’s lovely.

sammy hope you had a lovely anniversary.

Gwendolyn happy birthday for yesterday, but I’m sorry you had such a rubbish day. I am sure any special occasions like this are always emotional after losing a loved one. Sending lots of hugs! The mermaid blanket sounds like a good idea.

Peppa I hope your treatment is going well today.

Treasurequeen and MoneyMaker thank you for the heads up on the Asda Christmas bits.

Bonfire Bride my son is 2 and he won’t be getting that much from us this year as he’s still quite oblivious to it all! I feel like I don’t want to spend much whilst he doesn’t get it as there will be plenty of years when he’ll be bombarding us for stuff! Plus he’ll get lots of toys from relatives so he’ll be happy!
  • Cherry24
    Options
    So, we paid our house deposit today and will hopefully exchange this week - hurrah, the end is hopefully in sight.

ellie - It was my first day of wearing a winter coat today. It's definitely feeling autumnal. I had the exact same thing with my laser. My left eye is 20/20 and my right eye is better than 20/20. Glad it went well.

freespirit - Never heard of Baileys Pumpkin Spice. Sounds like an interesting combination.

Princess - I've already read two of my Christmas books. I'm always looking for new ones so will check that one out.
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Just had a very quick catchup.

Hello to latest nutters to join us!

Free: I love internet shopping, saves a whole lot of stress and as you say, service is amazing.

Related to internet shopping, I have bought a few things from Aliexpress as recommended by MSE. This is actually in preparation for next year as it appears to be snail mail delivery from China, I'm not fussed if the things I have ordered arrive before Christmas or not, I'm more interested in quality & cost, which will then give me some guidance for next Christmas. One thing I have bought is a Pandora compatible charm for about £4.50, if it looks the business, I may consider in getting a bracelet with charms which could be worn more frequently than the real thing so if anything happened, the cost of loss would not be as bad. Will fill you in.

Was exhausted by the time the carpet fitters left, but the room looks fab.

Rash spreading very nicely, but my god, it is painful. Been hit by double whammy as it is under my arm so can't use deodorant and have to put the cream on. All I can say is, thank goodness we are into cooler weather! Went back to work yesterday & had class afterwards so by the time I got home, I was extremely uncomfortable and paranoid that I may have smelly pits:eek:
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Snorkypants
    Options
    Gwendolyn - well done for surviving such a difficult day!

Thank you for all the nice comments on my snow craft, it's literally the nicest thing I've ever made so I'm really chuffed with it.

I'm slowly making a start on Christmas shopping - I picked up the Holland and Barratt bath bomb kit at lunchtime. And yesterday afternoon I ordered some Honest Amish beard balm off Etsy for OH. It's meant to be the best - and with the shipping from America it's expensive so I bl**dy hope it is!
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Evening everyone,

PRINCESSKITTY i have promised myself that as soon as i finish the book i am currently reading i will start on my christmas books :D i hope you have a successful shop on saturday

CHERRY its the latest flavour from Baileys only just come out

GETTINGTHEREQUICKLY its nice to know someone who has ordered from AliExpress i havent had the nerve to buy anything off there not knowing if it will arrive, i know lots buy their elves from there for EOTS. Hugs and vibes for the shingles hurrying up and going

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Just posting quickly as I should really be in bed.

GTQ don't worry, we still love you, stinky pits and all lol :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: seriously though I hope the shingles clears up quickly.

CHERRY, good news on the house front, hope exchange goes smoothly.

FREE, NIC, PRINCESSKITTY thanks for the good wishes. Chemo went well, number nine done, bring on number ten!

Having a day indoors tomorrow so all being well will finish my snow challenge and be ready to reveal on Friday (if I can find my photo upload instructions). Night night all, sweet dreams.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • princesskitty29
    Options
    Wiggle decided to get me up at 5:30 this morning the little cherub!

:bdaycake: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Spendless and whitesatin! I hope you both have a wonderful day and get spoilt! :bdaycake:_party_

Cherry yay you’re getting there! Fingers crossed you exchange this week!

GTQ oh it does sound awful you poor thing, I do hope it clears up quickly!

freespirit I’m going to start my Christmas books after finishing the book I’m reading too!

Peppa I’m so glad your chemo went well, you’re nearly there! Enjoy your day indoors with your snow challenge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure