My Debt Busting Diary 2016

Options

Comments

• ScattySkewbald
    Options
    Grrrr this months been a challenge. Gutted that looking at the figures so far, I've added £51.71 to the debt this month which is pants. So cross that I've taken my eye off the ball, but I guess I need to draw a line, pull my socks up and plod on.

So in better news, weigh in was 2lb loss taking me to 32lb / 37lb (at least somethings moving in the right direction :rotfl:). I've had a voucher through for £12 off a £60 shop at Morrisons and a lot of the branded stuff we buy is on offer, so I've placed an order for delivery over the weekend (has the added bonus of keeping OH out of the supermarket for a week :D)

Jobs for today.....
    1. Put laundry away
    2. PPI research
    3. At least 6 X eBay drafts
    4. Finish off meal plan
    5. Mum birthday card
    6. Aldi for nappies

Have a good day x
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    Well I've well and truly screwed up this month :mad: Just checked my Te5co card and have more on there than first thought. It's amazing how the odd tank of fuel can add up :cool: so, for ease I've transferred this to the new card as I'm still in the no fee for BT period.
    Next month = fresh start. Promise!

eBay bids are at £9 with a couple of days to go. Even if I could manage £12 a week, it's nearly £50 a month and will be enough to pay the next vet bill once it's due. Speaking of which, I better book the visit either today or early next week.

So it's 4 days until payday - need to get through them with spending as little as possible. Plan for today is a day around the house, getting housework done if little one will let me!

Can't wait to get this debt shifted. Life's too short to be tied to the finances. Need to go through the last months statements and find out where I've gone so wrong.......
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    Morning!
    LO has given me a 3:30 wake up call this morning. Thankfully a quick cuddle and he's snoring happily again. Me on the other hand....... Won't moan as I'm going to miss our early morning cuddles when he's bigger.

Two no spend days for me - pay days nearly here :j No spends planned for today and just £2 on Monday for baby group and then it's payday on Tuesday :j :j :j Fingers crossed it all goes according to plan.

I've had £9.35 payable in TCB so have transferred this to the vets bill fund - currently standing at £122.38 / £200. My eBay items end tonight and currently have £23 in bids, so the vet bill fund is adding up nicely. Will phone and book on Monday.

I've got my Mr Morrisons order arriving later, so no need for a supermarket today. I've used the £12 off voucher to get the supplies for the month, so should just need fresh bits which hopefully for the most part will come from Aldi.

Just read through this and what a dull life I lead lol! Hopefully one day I'll be getting exciting over something other than money off voucher and a few quid in eBay sales :rotfl:

Right, jobs for today.....
    1. Package eBay up in prep for posting
    2. Meal plan
    3. Utility room STILL needs cleaning
  • DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    Life isn't dull at all, I love reading your posts :) Don't beat yourself up too much, life's too short as it is. xx
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    Thanks DF :D

eBay listings ended last night and made £43.18. I've rounded this up and transferred it to the vet account. Takes the account to £166.38 - nearly there :j I've relisted everything that didn't sell plus a few other bits and have £5 in bids already. All but two have been packaged and posted.

I phoned the vets earlier and am just waiting for them to get back to me with a day and time, so can cross that off my to do list.

Payday tomorrow so I will post the scores on the doors in the morning. Not going to be good reading this month :(
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    Soooo...... Time for scores on the doors. Warning it's not great :mad:

OD was £738.00 now £728.83 (£9.17 paid)
    Cc1 + cc2 was £5375.64 now £5670.74 (£295.10 added :eek:)
    Total was £6113.64 now £6399.57 (£285.93 added :mad::eek::mad:)

Told you it wasn't good......

So, where has it gone wrong? Te5co card that I clear every month (use for petrol, food, Internet purchases etc to get the points) had more on than expected. This included £100 for mums birthday pressie and £85 in horse supplements that I hadn't budgeted for. Will be getting some money back off my sister towards mums pressie, but will stick this in the current account for now and see how the month goes.

Better news I guess is that all the cc debt is now on one card (due to me screwing up with my payment!) and is 0% and there was no fee to pay (saving me approx £160 - just to make me feel better :rotfl:). My 0% deal on card 1 was up in September, so would have had to have done this a few months down the line regardless.

eBay sales for this week are currently at £8.19. I'm sitting at £166.38 / £200 towards my vets bill target, so taking into consideration the current bids I need to make a further £25.43 to cover it. Would be great to achieve that this week.

Some of the items have been relisted a few times, so will list them on local fb groups too, in case the p&p is putting people off. Really don't want to lower my start price and risk only getting 99p for quality items.

Weigh in tonight and I feel my first gain or maintain since I started looming. Heads not in it properly - I'm eating the right things meal wise but going overboard on the snacking again. I've got 5lb to target and think it'll be the hardest 5lb to lose!

Targets for this month:
    1. Raise the £33.62 I'm short of for the vets bill.
    2. Pay minimum of £180 off cc
    3. Pay minimum of £50 off OD (and keep it off!)
    4. Lose 5lb to get myself to SW target

Have a good day x
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    Got away with it again at SW - 1/2lb loss. Not great but at least it's another half done - another 4.5lb to go. Need to get my head back into it this week, which won't be easy as I've got a couple of lunches planned, but the sooner I get rid of this last 4.5lb the sooner I'll be saving myself £4.95 a week!

Vet visit is all arranged for a fortnight time, which technically gives me 6 weeks to raise the £25.43. Ideally would like it done in 2 to give me 2 weeks of May to try and make some money to fund over payments to the card. No additional bids as yet but want to get a few more drafts done and also get selling on fb.

Swimming with little man this morning, then hopefully a quietish afternoon (fingers crossed he'll sleep through most if it!) to get some jobs done around the house.

Tasks for the remainder of this week.....
    1. Batch cook lasagne, bol and chilli
    2. Clean utility and kitchen
    3. Tidy our bedroom
    4. Sort out storage for my eBay / selling stash
    5. Get clothes ironed for coming week (Sunday job and the only way I can get out the house before 10!)
    6. Dye hair (first attempt wish me luck! Dye purchased yesterday - I'm a wee bit nervous!)

Have a good day X
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    What colour are you dying it? It'll be fine, I do mine now when I used to go to salon every 4 weeks years ago.
    Debt - CCV £3792

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 April 2016 at 2:20PM
    Options
    I dyed my hair for years and years. It's not difficult, just be sure to use an old towel around your shoulders or put on an old t-shirt you don't care about. The dye will dye anything it comes in contact with.
    How are you doing with the batch cooking?
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    and if you're dark, vaseline your forehead and ears LOL
    Debt - CCV £3792

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
This discussion has been closed.