🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

My Debt Busting Diary 2016

Options

Comments

• ScattySkewbald
    Options
    I didn't even know you had a new diary - just stalked you to find out!!! In a non dodgy way! And yes, more procrastinating by being on here so I will leave and come back when I should :D to catch up xx

Stalk away DF2012 :D
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    Hi mfmaybe- little man is 6 months now, can't believe how quickly times flown. I'm sure my pregnancy didn't go this quickly! He's a proper little character now and a really good baby. Still hasn't quite sunk in lol!

Tonight's eBay sales gave made £33 which should hopefully now cover the vets bill :T:T:T Have more items finishing over the next couple of days which have £9 worth of bids. Will get the non sellers relisted.
  • Cwtchie
    Cwtchie Posts: 331 Forumite
    Options
    Hello again! Where have you been hiding? So pleased you are doing so well! Amazing weight loss btw, makes me think I need to knuckle down again 🙂, I can't believe I've missed all this since before Christmas I need to snoop around more me thinks :)
    £250 shopping, diesel and any other spends
    December 16- January 15 £345.06/250.00 -£95.06
    £2 saving a day for christmas 2017 £0/£730
    Total debt paid off before 26 December 2017 £3142.31/14,053.85 = £10911.54 left to go
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    Hi Cwtchie - good to see you again. Hope you and the herd are all good.

Just popping on quickly whilst I have a cuppa before I head out with the woofs and to sort ponies.

Can't believe there's still 3 weeks til payday. With getting paid early for Easter it's made it such a long month. Really need to make the money stretch.

Need to have a look at my meal plan later as its gone a bit out of sync. Will make an inventory of freezer and go from there. We've definitely got enough bits in for me to see me through the rest of the month, might just need some bits for the OH. Food shopping is definitely our biggest downfall. I wouldn't say we waste a lot, we just buy a lot if that makes sense? There's always loads in the freezer, but it doesn't get eaten before we buy more. Need to address this as there's definitely savings to be made.

I've packaged up all the eBay bits. Still waiting on a couple of buyers to pay up. Will have a walk to the post office with LO later.

Jobs for today......
    1. Freezer inventory
    2. Meal plan
    3. Post office
    4. DS room - still looking like a bomb site!
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    The vet bills landed and is for just over £131 (including the prescription charge), so not a million miles away from what I thought. With the eBay sales plus the existing bids I should be pretty much there.

Quite a productive morning so far, little mans room is sorted, tonight's tea prepped - just needs to be popped in the oven, washing in, clean stuff put away. Just about to feed DS and then we're off to the post office. Still need to sort freezer and meal plan for next couple of weeks.
  • DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    Hey hun, I'm up to date and caught up!!
    As per previous diary - love it!
    Re your hair, I stopped paying to get mine done when I had the kids, well DS actually so apx 5/6 years ago as I think I was on mat leave when I stopped. I do mine a plum brown now and I love it. £5 a time and tbh, I don't get it cut any more as it is so long.
    Your getting up hours still amazes me! Although I now have the same hours since we moved :D.
    Is the big lad out FT now? I'm wanting smallest pony out FT but that means I'll need to put one of the ohers out with him. The other gelding is new to us and is a bit of a wuss when it comes to TO wanting to be in after 4 hours or so. With smallest pony being susceptible (sp?) to lami, I was going to put them in the big field overnight when sugars low and the starvation paddock in the morning until after work when they are rode, BUT I daren't put them out FT yet with companion gelding being a wuss. I might put them out overnight one night maybe, with rugs on. Or I cold try lami pony with my mare but they've never been in same s£x fields before having been at livery all their lives. Not sure how they will react.....sorry to go off topic lol x
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    Your getting up hours still amazes me! Although I now have the same hours since we moved :D

Lol! Now it's a little person dictating it to me rather than work - to be fair I'm probably getting more sleep now than I was when I was working! I count myself very lucky as there's not many new mums that can say that :D

Big man's still in and judging by the forecast for the coming week will be for another couple of weeks :mad: He's such a wimp in wet weather and gets really grumpy so the turnout plans are on hold for a couple of weeks. I think we're too soft :rotfl:

Df2012 I'm so pleased for you with your new home / life. It sounds amazing and certainly makes all your hard work worth it.

I had another eBay sale last night - just £3. Got another 6 ending tomorrow with £6 bids so far. Frustratingly still waiting on payment for 4 items, including one from over a week a go - think I can kiss that sale goodbye!

Weigh in last night was amazingly a 1lb loss giving me my 2 stone award :T Really pleased and not quite sure how I did it as I've eaten !!!!! 3lb to go to target and then I get to go for free, so double incentive there. I've been set the challenge to lose it for next week, so need to be really good - watch this space!

Just updated my spreadsheet and up to now we're about £120 short :mad: Looking through its the odd £10 here and there that's doing us. Mainly food - i.e bites to eat when we're out and extra visits t the supermarket need to get a grip on this. Hopefully I've overestimated fuel use for the remainder of the month so will be able to grasp some back there.

Still need to meal plan and in light of my challenge I'm going for a low carb week, so it's doubly important I get this done.

So jobs for today....
    1. Laundry (first load in)
    2. Tidy our bedroom
    3. Meal plan
    4. Post office
    5. Pay vet bill
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Great news on the weightloss.
    Ponyplops is out full time with a rug on.
  • DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    Huge congratulations on the weight loss, that is amazing and you seem to have done it with so little effort!! Well done you. I will try to follow in your footsteps, maybe over the summer as for now I seem to have lost 7lb just moving here and being more active daily.
    £bay sales seems to be doing amazingly, that's good going. I gave up with swags a long time ago. Do you do viewsbank?
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • ScattySkewbald
    ScattySkewbald Posts: 518 Forumite
    edited 7 April 2016 at 5:26AM
    Options
    I've never tried viewsbank DF2012 - will have a look into it. Swag$ has done my head in, should give it another go as I'm part way to another voucher but once I've cashed that I think it'll be it - I just keep getting screened out.

I must admit it's been a lot easier losing the weight this time round than my umpteen previous attempts. My metabolism seems to have kick started again!

Yesterday was pretty much a write off a little man was very grizzly and needed lots of cuddles. So yesterday's list still pretty much stands. Did manage to get this weeks meal plan done and have picked out a few SW recipes to try.

All things money is still the same as yesterday. Vets bill covered all but £5 (still waiting on £17 worth of eBay payments, so once paid up I'm there!). Will pay today on Te5c0 card to get my points and then pay straight off. I've got 2 X jabs and 3x teeth due next month. Probably looking at best part of £200 for that, so that's my next target. Over payments will have to take a back seat for the time being, as don't want to dip into my mat leave pot for these.

Jobs for today....
    1. Prepare tonights tea (SW bean burgers from scratch- wish me luck!)
    2. Pay vet bill
    3. Clean kitchen
    4. Tidy bedroom
    5. Wrap friends birthday pressie and write card (hopefully deliver tomorrow)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport