My Debt Busting Diary 2016

Options

Comments

• Littlebirdie
    Littlebirdie Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hey,

Great thread - I like your lists! I have been feeling a little unmotivated recently so I thought I would follow you and get a little motivation!

I have subscribed to your post but is email notifications the oly way I can go back to your forum. Is there a way to see the posts I have subscribed to on my profile?

To staying out of debt!
    Credit card (Nov 2018):£894.60 . Emergency fund: £2000/3000
  • *snow*white*
    *snow*white* Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there have just read all of your diary, you are doing great :T

Well done on the charity shop finds, some of prices in the ones near me are crazy. I know that sounds very miserly ha :o

Keep going :)
    NST#14/2
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hey,

Great thread - I like your lists! I have been feeling a little unmotivated recently so I thought I would follow you and get a little motivation!

I have subscribed to your post but is email notifications the oly way I can go back to your forum. Is there a way to see the posts I have subscribed to on my profile?

Click on user cp at the top of each page. It shows in there.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    Hi little birdie and Snow White - thanks for reading. It's nice to have a bit of company on here- makes it feel less like I'm rambling away to myself and helps keep me motivated.

Little birdie as mfmaybe says, you should find a list of your subscribed threads in you user cp - you do need to be logged in tho.

A couple of eBay items finished yesterday for a total of £7.99 taking my vets bill fund up to £86.51. I've had to open a non paying bidder dispute on one outstanding item from last weekend - very frustrating, but I will get charged final value fees if I don't report it. I've got more items ending this week with £14.50 in bids so far, so I will hopefully hit the £100 mark towards the bill :j Still don't know how much it is yet as its still not dropped through the letter box- but when it does I'm ready for it :money:

Managed to spring clean part of my area at the yard yesterday - need to crack on with the rest at some point.

Jobs for today:
    1. Package & post eBay
    2. Quick aldi / Lidl shop
    3. Laundry (almost goes without saying these days!)
    4. Tidy little mans room.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    You must live in an affluent area if you found those things in the charity shop.
    Wow!
  • nextyeartina
    nextyeartina Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Subscribed x
    The £1,000 emergency fund challenge #163 - £536.16/£1000
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    You must live in an affluent area if you found those things in the charity shop.
    Wow!

Not really, it's a pretty average area, although it does help that I have a built in Joules radar :rotfl: To be honest a lot of the CS round here ask a fair bit for labelled stuff. There were a couple of Joules polo shirts in one marked up at £4.99 - if they were in good condition I'd have had them, but they'd been worn and washed to death and only really good for yard use- I've got OH old t shirts for that :D

Bids are now up to £23.50, so should hopefully cover the bill once they're done :j

Lidl shop done. Need a nice healthy tea tonight as weigh in tomorrow. Not that one meal is going to undo the last 2 weeks of slip ups :cool:

Little man is just having a roll about on his playmat. He's at such a lovely age, so interactive and making progress everyday. He's amazing and makes all the scrimping and saving worth it.
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    Subscribed x

Good to have you following Nextyeartina X
  • DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    I didn't even know you had a new diary - just stalked you to find out!!! In a non dodgy way! And yes, more procrastinating by being on here so I will leave and come back when I should :D to catch up xx
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not really, it's a pretty average area, although it does help that I have a built in Joules radar :rotfl: To be honest a lot of the CS round here ask a fair bit for labelled stuff. There were a couple of Joules polo shirts in one marked up at £4.99 - if they were in good condition I'd have had them, but they'd been worn and washed to death and only really good for yard use- I've got OH old t shirts for that :D

Bids are now up to £23.50, so should hopefully cover the bill once they're done :j

Lidl shop done. Need a nice healthy tea tonight as weigh in tomorrow. Not that one meal is going to undo the last 2 weeks of slip ups :cool:

Little man is just having a roll about on his playmat. He's at such a lovely age, so interactive and making progress everyday. He's amazing and makes all the scrimping and saving worth it.

Aww so cute. How old is he? DS is now 8 months and is hilarious. He's found his sense of humour :rotfl:

Very impressive on the fleabay sales. I can't bring myself to sell any clothes yet. I'm a sentimental fool.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills