Bulb Energy Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier

Options

Comments

• wesleyad
    wesleyad Posts: 754 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pchelpman said:

Former Bulb customer here - ditched them at the point where they insisted on inflating our DD cost to massively above the energy use we'd had on average over the past several years - even allowing for increased use during the lockdowns last year/early this year. When even their customer service rep was mystified as to how they were wanting that much money from us when our use suggested far less, we smelled a rat and decided to jump. Clearly it was cashflow related judging from the number of others who've had the same thing, and the news since of their financial issues!  
    #me too. Identical.

BULB could not explain to me either.

At the time I suspected their demand for more cash was something to do with their grandiose plan to break into the USA tech market (i.e. nothing to do with energy supply).
    They've tried it with us twice in the last 3 months. Both times i'm over £100 credit, average use is £90 a month i'm paying £110. They keep trying to put it up to £170! Operator has no idea where the numbers are coming from other than "the system knows". I'd be swapping away but am moving this month so I'll just start up with another company.
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 4 November 2021 at 11:54AM
    Options
    wesleyad said:
     I'd be swapping away but am moving this month so I'll just start up with another company.
    Best hope that the place you move to isn't already supplied by Bulb as you'll have to sign up with them again then as the existing supplier, before you can switch away :)

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not a Bulb customer, but obviously watching closely. With 1.7m customers it would be massive news if they failed. One can only hope that they are too big for the powers that be to let them go. 
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 4 November 2021 at 12:10PM
    Options
    One can only hope that they are too big for the powers that be to let them go. 
    They are too big for the SoLR process for sure, but they will have to let them fail, then take them into the SAR version of Administration for a period of time.
    This will be a new experience so hard to predict exactly what impact that will have on current customers.

• rich_shot2003
    Options
    is there any new news on Bulb about if they will go?
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There's a group of Bulb customers on their forum wanting to do a crowdfund to keep them going. Considering Bulb's tariff is not at all cheap it seems very odd for them to be so loyal. I won't be supporting that endeavour.
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    EV tariff prices are being increased on 6th December https://community.bulb.co.uk/t/increase-in-electricity-prices/103747

• GingerTim
    GingerTim Posts: 2,045 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    t0rt0ise said:
    There's a group of Bulb customers on their forum wanting to do a crowdfund to keep them going. Considering Bulb's tariff is not at all cheap it seems very odd for them to be so loyal. I won't be supporting that endeavour.
    I just read that thread, blimey - it's a bit cult-like when you read posts from someone on a low income quite willing to pay to prop up an ailing business. Remember kids, companies don't love you back.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1.7m customers is quite a big cult…
  • rich_shot2003
    Options
    Have to say i am starting to think Bulb will be sticking around as i am sure they would had gone under by now,
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback