Bulb Energy Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier

Options

Comments

• Telegraph_Sam
    Telegraph_Sam Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I can well believe that judging from the accent. But then when the discussions threatened to get more serious I got switched to "her manager" who sounded like he was from Bulb and condoned what was going on (and the ducking out of quoting unit rates). All told sounds like a dodgy operation organizationally.
    Telegraph Sam
  • Capyboppy
    Capyboppy Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After the recent electricity rise and what appears to be their customer services going downhill, I am thinking of going to Octopus or other suitable supplier. We get the Warm Home discount though and I seem to recall there can be issues if you don't switch by a certain date such as the money going to the previous supplier and not the new one.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,114 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Capyboppy said:
    After the recent electricity rise and what appears to be their customer services going downhill, I am thinking of going to Octopus or other suitable supplier. We get the Warm Home discount though and I seem to recall there can be issues if you don't switch by a certain date such as the money going to the previous supplier and not the new one.

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/low-income

• Capyboppy
    Options
    Capyboppy said:

So it is as I thought. Anything after July 5th will go to the existing supplier. We are in the core group. I thought it was about now. The only way round it I guess is to phone the relevant dept up to explain who I have moved to. 
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,114 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Capyboppy said:
    Capyboppy said:

So it is as I thought. Anything after July 5th will go to the existing supplier. We are in the core group. I thought it was about now. The only way round it I guess is to phone the relevant dept up to explain who I have moved to. 

Core Group

If you were with a participating supplier on the qualifying date of 7 July 2019 and you were eligible under the Core Group element, the supplier you were with will be instructed to pay you. We would advise you to contact the supplier you were with on the qualifying date to check they still have your contact details and to ask how and when you will be paid the rebate.

• Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gerry1 said:
    I've just had a very unprofessional "sales" call from Bulb
    Browntoa said:
    Final insult is they have the cheek to keep attempting to ring me to retain me as a customer but I've blocked their number
    Block sale calls by registering with the Telephone Preference Service on 0800 398 893.
    -TPS  won't stop it if you already consented to certain forms of communication as you are already a customer which you probably agreed to when you originally signed up with them. They have to be able to send you bills etc , but you may be able to opt out of phone calls. Usually boxes you tick/untick when you join online.
    You need to review that aspect. 
  • Capyboppy
    Options
    Capyboppy said:
    Capyboppy said:

Core Group

If you were with a participating supplier on the qualifying date of 7 July 2019 and you were eligible under the Core Group element, the supplier you were with will be instructed to pay you. We would advise you to contact the supplier you were with on the qualifying date to check they still have your contact details and to ask how and when you will be paid the rebate.

That would surely be for the last 12 months and not this coming winter of 20/21? For example: I changed to bulb by July of last year and I received my payment in the November. If I changed to Octopus or another provider now ready for this winter, I would probably miss the deadline of July 7th due to the admin in the changeover. Therefore I would probably have to chase Bulb for the money as we would still be registered officially with them. That is why the only way round it is to phone the relevant dept to let them know I have changed and who to so they can check and put the money in our account with the new provider.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Patr100 said:
    Gerry1 said:
    I've just had a very unprofessional "sales" call from Bulb
    Browntoa said:
    Final insult is they have the cheek to keep attempting to ring me to retain me as a customer but I've blocked their number
    Block sale calls by registering with the Telephone Preference Service on 0800 398 893.
    -TPS  won't stop it if you already consented to certain forms of communication as you are already a customer which you probably agreed to when you originally signed up with them. They have to be able to send you bills etc , but you may be able to opt out of phone calls. Usually boxes you tick/untick when you join online.
    You need to review that aspect. 
    Telegraph Sam appears to be an Octopus customer, so being on the TPS list would block sales calls from Bulb.
  • Telegraph_Sam
    Telegraph_Sam Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Telegraph Sam is indeed an ex Tonik now Octopus customer.  I have to confess that something perverse in me sometimes just likes to wind these other people up and waste their time. Sorry.
    Telegraph Sam
  • gatita
    gatita Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been with BULB for a year now, I got fed up with their prices so I have now changed to AVRO.... fingers crossed!
    When man sacrifices the Love of POWER for the Power of Love, there will be peace on earth.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback