Options

Comments

• SpanishBlue
    SpanishBlue Posts: 593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 2 March 2020 at 6:30PM
    Options
    Bulb do still pay exit fees.
    I doubt they would hold it against you as they want new customers.
    If you look on Bulb's own forums, you will see they get many complaints about their own customer service.
    Have you done a price comparison? Bulb are no longer one of the cheap suppliers.
  • Kitchen_Sink
    Kitchen_Sink Posts: 230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Smodlet said:
    I am so fed up with e-on, I am thinking of switching even though I am still in contract.  Could anyone tell me whether Bulb still pay exit fees, please?  I began a switch to Bulb last year and stopped it the day before the 14 days ran out; would this be held against me, were I to try to switch to them again?

Sorry if these questions are dumb or lazy; I just cba to read through a whole load of t's and c's when I can switch penalty free in a little over 3 months if I can just stick e-on's godawful customer service until then.  TIA.
    Eon don't charge early exit fees for a transfer of tariff.   So if exit fees are what is really stopping you from switching, first transfer to an Eon tariff without exit fees, and then switch to the best deal for you from any supplier :) 
  • Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,579 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bulb electricity prices going up - 
    Gas lower so Dual fuel may pay less overall but I'm only on Lec with Bulb,
    The cost of gas has come down a lot, while the cost of electricity has increased. So we’re changing our prices to make sure they reflect the true cost of energy. Since you only have electricity this means your energy will cost more per year.

After this, we’ll be £217 cheaper than the government's price cap for a typical home.

We're increasing our electricity rate from 15.288p to 16.447p per kWh during the day. The price you pay for your electricity during the night is staying the same at 7.455p per kWh. And we're decreasing our electricity standing charge from 20.444p to 19.791p per day. These prices include VAT.

We’ve written a blog post with more information and a chart showing the breakdown in more detail.                        

https://bulb.co.uk/blog/energy-price-watch-were-changing-our-prices-feb-20

• thebostonbox
    Options
    Today is the first day of my switch & Today I received notice that Bulb Electricity prices are going up from 1st April - £3 + per month
    Tomorrow, unless I hear back from Bulb to the contrary,  I’ll be leaving Bulb to go back to my old supplier! 
  • howlsatthemoon
    Options
    Signed up for Bulb last week and the 1st email I get is telling me their prices are going up  :'(
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Many thanks to Spanish Blue and to Kitchen Sink.  The reason I am considering Bulb is purely to avoid the exit fees, then switch to another Big 4-or-5 supplier.  I could switch to e-on's standard tariff to avoid them but am loathe to give them one penny more than I absolutely have to; I would still be stuck with their woeful customer service but thanks for the suggestion.  I had not thought of that option.
  • jiggy2
    jiggy2 Posts: 470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Smodlet said:
    Many thanks to Spanish Blue and to Kitchen Sink.  The reason I am considering Bulb is purely to avoid the exit fees, then switch to another Big 4-or-5 supplier.  I could switch to e-on's standard tariff to avoid them but am loathe to give them one penny more than I absolutely have to; I would still be stuck with their woeful customer service but thanks for the suggestion.  I had not thought of that option.
    How about  move to Bulb using the RAF offer (and also claim the exit fees that you pay Eon), and then carry on as per your plan to another Big 4 supplier.
  • moxter
    moxter Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gas prices are coming down while electricity is going up. My overall bill should be down by about £26 for the year apparently (about 5% reduction off the top of my head)
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,102 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 4 March 2020 at 10:14AM
    Options
    moxter said:
    Gas prices are coming down while electricity is going up. My overall bill should be down by about £26 for the year apparently (about 5% reduction off the top of my head)

Bulb gas will still be much more expensive than most small/medium suppliers, SC will be over 20p a day in my area. other suppliers cut Gas prices months ago.
  • notbritishgas
    notbritishgas Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    moxter said:
    Cynical timing, April 1st, just when Central heating is being switched off so gas usage will reduce. So until about November I will pay more due to the electricity rise, then what will happen, gas price increase? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback