Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2016

Options

Comments

• pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree for £150 saving. Our next trip with Virgin is costing less than TC did last time though. Managed to get a good price in the sale.

I would use TC again, but they would have to be a very good price. They are coming in at just under £700 for our dates next year. Too much.
  • Kit1
    Kit1 Posts: 422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    iltisman wrote: »
    I think the ATM at walmart on Eastern ave charges $3 or less, but beware it ate my card a week ago. Luckily a staff member was able to open the machine and retrieve my card.

Hi l wonder if l could ask how you got to Walmart please? We are staying just off the strip behind Bally's.
    Stash Busting Challenge 2016 6/52
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Brats64 wrote: »
    It's ridiculous isn't it.

We have only used them once..last year...and I said at the time,after finding their website awful to use,being charged for films and then being charged for soft drinks,that I wouldn't use them again.

But as said above,I do like the fact we leave at 9.15am and your in Vegas by lunchtime.
    So once we are aware of the "extra" costs it's not a deal breaker to fly with them....it's only £4 each for 10 hours of films,and we can buy drinks at the airport before we leave this next trip.
    Think you still gets drinks with your meal...so that's something I guess.:rotfl:

:

As I said earlier in the thread, we used TC in June and I have to admit I wasn't impressed with them either. It was like they tried to squeeze every last penny out of you during the entire flight.
    You did get a drink with the meal, I got tea, which barely was a thimble full, and would have come in handy to kerosote my garden fence if I could have got hold of a vat of it :mad:
    They seemed more interested in flogging Duty Free rubbish than providing things like water.:mad:
    And don't get me started on the website. I even had a chat with one of the hostess ladies on the flight who said that a few people have grumbled about it. It's complete pants.:mad:
    The best bit about the whole experience was the getting to Vegas at lunchtime. :T
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    We got bargain flights one way to Vegas with Thomas cook a couple of years ago. £168 each.

We also bought a couple of Boots Meal Deals in the airport which sorted us for the flights out. Very MSE.

Loved the flight path, and the time we landed. Would definitely use them again.
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Kit1 wrote: »
    Hi l wonder if l could ask how you got to Walmart please? We are staying just off the strip behind Bally's.

Not sure how iltisman gets there , but we always go to Walmart a couple of times every trip,sometimes the one on eastern , we drive
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Options
    flew with Norwegian to Vegas and back 2 weeks ago, they provide drink with the meals (2 of them) and everything else including water has to be paid for.

Between the 3 of us we spent around £80 on board (mostly alcohol) and a mini vodka was $7 with pepsi at $3.50 etc.

Overall we saved well over £1000 compared to Virgin as we only paid £400 return so it was well worth it in the end.
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Options

There a few Walmart stores on bus routes. From just behind Bally's your easiest one would be eastbound on the 202 all the way to Sam's Town/Boulder Highway. There is a Walmart a little way south of the Flamingo/Boulder Highway junction.

Another one is on E Tropicana. Use the 201 eastbound and get off at McLeod street.
    Yet another is Spring Mountain Road. Use the 203 westbound and get off at Rainbow.
  • iltisman
    iltisman Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    Options

I always hire a car in Vegas it is one of the few remaining bargains in Vegas along with petrol at 50p a litre. The new drawback is parking charges at the hotels that is spreading to all the strip hotels.
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Not Vegas related...but had an email earlier today from Expedia,saying the flights for our New Orleans/New York trip had had a change.
    Normally this is only a minor change of minutes or an hour or two...but the virgin flight out of Manchester is a 24 hour change,with original connection the next day....so 27 hours later :eek:

Thing is the flight they have moved us from is still available to buy on both Expedia and virgin site.
    Spent all day trying to ring Expedia without getting through.

Can't see why they would change a flight to a day earlier When the one we booked is still available the following day.
  • martmonk
    martmonk Posts: 863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 December 2016 at 8:41AM
    Options
    lesley74 wrote: »
    Has anyone booked for later next year at all? I have often booked September flights by this stage, but haven't seen any good deals. Flights are well over £700 so far, although Thomas Cook do seem to have a cheaper direct flight from Glasgow, though not on the days I'd prefer.

I have seen a decent deal flying to Los Angeles with BA, think it's around £580. We did this a few years back, stayed a few nights in Culver City, then Vegas, the Long Beach on the way home. Quite enjoyed. Might consider this type of thing again.

We've got a Feb trip booked and I'm looking at Sept.

I expect a BA sale to start in the next couple of days. They've had one start on or around Dec 19th for the last 4 years at least.
    http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/offers/the-ultimate-british-airways-sale-fare-archive/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure