IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking eye + Equita PLEASE READ

Options

Comments

• Herbie21
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »

The newspaper went directly to Morrisons who got the original ticket cancelled. The store then came out with the stupid statement that if the customer had complained directly to them and and had produced a receipt then they would have cancelled it immediately. I don't suppose there are notices either in store or around the car park to mentioning this. Instead they rely on motorists being mind-readers. Pathetic.

Complaining direct to any supermarket about private parking tickets is best achieved by posting publicly on the supermarket's Facebook page.

Make sure that anything you post is accurate. With large supermarket chains losing business to the likes of Aldi and Lidl, they would not want to lose a regular customer because of the actions of these dreadful private parking companies.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi

Just to say that Equita appear to have spewed out another series of mailshots digging up old PE tickets.

I received a NTK back in 2014 for Shires Retail Park in Leamington Spa for a supposed overstay. The driver mmediately contacted 2 retailers who agreed to issue PE with instruction to cancel.

Apart from receiving a PE reminder that I assumed (oh dear) crossed with Debenhams/Caffe nero instructions heard nothing more from PE.....including no confirmation of cancellation I now realise.

So In mid Oct 2016 I start receiving the Equita letters same as others have posted.....referring to "recent" correspondence from PE but giving no other details. The letters have been approx 2 weeks apart with the last being a supposed " Final Notice" from Equita. This was not a LBCCC I did make sure of that.

I have ignored Equita so far as I plan to deal with PE as/when they contact me. In the interim should I re contact both Debenham's and Caffè Nero and ask them to re contact PE instructing cancellation of ticket? (Stupidly it was only about Sept 2016 that I threw out all The original PE NTK letters as I thought it was over). I know better now.

So, I am preparing for a LBCCC and my response is Gans template.....dispute of debt, no admission of driver, request for information re right to sue etc etc and also preparing for Scc just in case I end up there.

Any thoughts if I should do anything different or in addition?

Thanks

Is it
  • Marco_Brandon
    Options
    Take this to Twitter!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    In the interim should I re contact both Debenham's and Caffè Nero and ask them to re contact PE instructing cancellation of ticket? (Stupidly it was only about Sept 2016 that I threw out all The original PE NTK letters as I thought it was over). I know better now.
    Yes, urgently.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi all

Quick update. I contacted Savills (property management of shopping centre ) and boots and Debenhams and Caffè Nero yesterday lunchtime.

(I emailed the head of Savills commercial property division complaining that to dig up almost 3 year old tickets is totally unreasonable) ......one hour later I was contacted by Savills regional director who rang me personally and less than 24 hours later the ticket has been cancelled by Parking Eye.

It will be interesting to see what action the 3 retailers I wrote to take......

But the main thing is victory to me and another loss for PE and Equita :beer:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Update here is Debenhams appalling response......quite a fob off:

Dear xxxxx,

Our reference:

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to learn about your disappointment regarding the parking charges.

I regret to inform you that the car parking is handled by a third party vendor and we are unable to access the details.

I would request you to contact the details given on the parking receipt and they will be able to assist you further.

Once again, please accept my apologies for all the inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind regards,

Atul
    Debenhams Customer Services
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    And this is my reply to Debenhams :

Dear sir

This is not an acceptable response to one of your customers and I would like this matter escalated to a senior manager.

I am not prepared to spend hundreds of pounds in your Leamington Spa store to receive a parking ticket in error.

I understand that the parking operators will cancel tickets on the requests of retailers and therefore I expect Debenhams to intervene on my behalf.

You have all the necessary information in my first communication to you.

A copy of this email and your reply is being sent to your CEO as I am so appalled at your fobbing off of a GENUINE customer.

I look forward to hearing from you and please be so kind as to state your full name and position when you reply.

Thank you
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 October 2023 at 3:06PM
    Options
    Update here is Debenhams appalling response......quite a fob off:

Dear xxxxx,

Our reference:

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to learn about your disappointment regarding the parking charges.

I regret to inform you that the car parking is handled by a third party vendor and we are unable to access the details.

I would request you to contact the details given on the parking receipt and they will be able to assist you further.

Once again, please accept my apologies for all the inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind regards,

Atul
    Debenhams Customer Services

please define "vendor"
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 October 2023 at 3:06PM
    Options
    And this is my reply to Debenhams :

Dear sir

This is not an acceptable response to one of your customers and I would like this matter escalated to a senior manager.

I am not prepared to spend hundreds of pounds in your Leamington Spa store to receive a parking ticket in error.

I understand that the parking operators will cancel tickets on the requests of retailers and therefore I expect Debenhams to intervene on my behalf.

You have all the necessary information in my first communication to you.

A copy of this email and your reply is being sent to your CEO as I am so appalled at your fobbing off of a GENUINE customer.

I look forward to hearing from you and please be so kind as to state your full name and position when you reply.

Thank you

Well done for keeping on at them even though you have won the war, this is still a battle worth fighting for other victims. Debenhams' response is shockingly unhelpful.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Marco_Brandon
    Options
    I like this. Escalate in all instances as far as possible. Hopefully one day the government will actually do something about it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure