What is the Highest Interest Rate / Cashback / Rewards You Can Get?

Options

Comments

• FunLovinCriminal
    Options
    Hiya
    I imagined the first post to be out of date, as it was posted in 2015?
    Apologies for that
    Mortgage: 01/02/14 - £108k
    Mortgage: Current - £97k
    Mission: MF by 50
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hiya
    I imagined the first post to be out of date, as it was posted in 2015?
    Apologies for that
    Last edited just over 3 weeks ago.
  • FunLovinCriminal
    Options
    Hi all
    Sorry to bother you all again. But your advice and help is priceless to soneone who is learning and with a young family every penny helps.
    I recently opened a fd account; and their 6% deal attracts mr.
    If I put the max in (£300 per month) for 12 months. How much would i get back next year?
    Mortgage: 01/02/14 - £108k
    Mortgage: Current - £97k
    Mission: MF by 50
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi all
    Sorry to bother you all again. But your advice and help is priceless to soneone who is learning and with a young family every penny helps.
    I recently opened a fd account; and their 6% deal attracts mr.
    If I put the max in (£300 per month) for 12 months. How much would i get back next year?
    Best thing to do is plug your figures into http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/best-regular-savings-accounts#calculator
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,815 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 May 2016 at 4:42PM
    Options
    I will be switching one of my current accounts to Smile bank account soon looking into possibility to bag the joining incentive of £150 + £50 (through TCB). I am currently preparing two accounts to be switched:

1. LloydsClassic Vantage Account (I have two of this). I am aware it is currently paying a rubbish interest and I do not see any prospect to earn a decent interest rate in the future, but I might be wrong (?).

2. Nationwide flex account ( I already have two of this accounts so I could still get the EuropeanTravel insurance by ditching one of this)

I have set up 4 DDs into both of this accounts and it will be ready to be switched by May 19, 2016.

To me either of this account, will have a similar impact.

But based your assessment which one should I switch and if you could elaborate the reason why, it will be great.

Thank you for your time.
  • bertsilver
    bertsilver Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thinking of opening a BOS Vantage account and have a question, if I pay the £1000 in can I then draw it straight back out?
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes.
    You can even draw it out, then pay it back in (assuming there's £1000 there in the first place).
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • Robbieh
    Robbieh Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    bertsilver wrote: »
    Thinking of opening a BOS Vantage account and have a question, if I pay the £1000 in can I then draw it straight back out?

Yes you can, or like me, transfer to next BOS Vantage and back out to wherever!
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,407 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Folks,

Just a quick note to let you know I have updated the first post in this thread because the Lloyds 4% regular saver has dropped its rate to 3% for new applicants. I have moved it into the 3% category and recalculated the interest figures using the calculator on Martin's regular saver page.

SS2
  • FrankRizzo
    FrankRizzo Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Folks,

Just a quick note to let you know I have updated the first post in this thread because the Lloyds 4% regular saver has dropped its rate to 3% for new applicants. I have moved it into the 3% category and recalculated the interest figures using the calculator on Martin's regular saver page.

SS2

Wonder if other banks are going to follow suit?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure