What is the Highest Interest Rate / Cashback / Rewards You Can Get?

Options

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Terry98 wrote: »

You still need to make sure you move the proceeds to an account paying better then .25%
    That's correct, and similar applies to all regular savers.
  • incomer20
    Options
    Santander won't allow you to open this account online, even if you have a current account with them.

I just opened one by phone and had to endure 18 minutes of someone speed reading all the details I knew already and reconfirming details they already had.

In my view this is an exercise to get access to spam you with marketing since they have a standard recorded message right at the beginning to say you have to specifically ask to opt out if you don't want to receive marketing info and participate in market research; and you then have to remember to raise this with the CSO

Left me feeling really angry - be warned!
  • mel48rose
    mel48rose Posts: 513 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    incomer20 wrote: »
    Santander won't allow you to open this account online, even if you have a current account with them.

I just opened one by phone and had to endure 18 minutes of someone speed reading all the details I knew already and reconfirming details they already had.

In my view this is an exercise to get access to spam you with marketing since they have a standard recorded message right at the beginning to say you have to specifically ask to opt out if you don't want to receive marketing info and participate in market research; and you then have to remember to raise this with the CSO

Left me feeling really angry - be warned!
    Don't think I will bother then :eek:
    If you change nothing, nothing will change!!
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tracked and paid fine for me :j

http://www.imutual.co.uk/santander-everyday-account ;) Cashback Guarantee

Hi BLF, thanks a lot for that. I have just applied via that website.
    colsten wrote: »
    Could you pls also add the 4% Santander HTB ISA, alongside the Halifax one?

Done now.

SS2
  • colsten
    Options
    Here's a third 4% HTB ISA: http://www.cumberland.co.uk/savings/tax-free/help-to-buy-isa.

It seems to be Branch-only , which is a bit of a drawback.
  • ih8stress
    ih8stress Posts: 1,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Looking into the 5% loophole and switched accounts threads so my head is in a bit of a spin.

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread but reading one thread always leads to others :D

Basically I would like to try one or two current account 'switches' in the next year to get the bonuses - and get into the relevant Regular Saver accounts they offer too.

My question is this (I have looked for the answer first):
    if I switch from one bank to the next, do I lose their Regular Saver too when the current account is closed or can I keep that open and build up Regular Saver accounts?

I for one, really appreciate the Op and regulars taking the time to try and explain - especially as the same questions crop up. Personally I try and read up on loads of threads first, then still end up confused at times.
    Too much knowledge and all that ............. (or more likely in my case ' a fool and his money ............ :rotfl:)

Thanks
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ih8stress wrote: »
    My question is this (I have looked for the answer first):
    if I switch from one bank to the next, do I lose their Regular Saver too when the current account is closed or can I keep that open and build up Regular Saver accounts?
    You need to read the relevant regular saver T&Cs, as that's where you'll find your answer*...not on here.

* Which will almost certainly be yes, you lose the regular saver if you terminate your current account relationship. But don't take my word for it...check for yourself!
  • ih8stress
    ih8stress Posts: 1,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'll consider my wrist well and truly slapped, ha ha! Yes, I should have said that I'd only looked on here and not at any of the banks' t&cs.

I really appreciate your answer all the same. So I take it that the people that mention having several RS accounts also have the current accounts attached to them.

And yes, I will look at the t&cs in time - though having seen some of your posts I don't doubt your knowledge in this area.

Respect (from a Yorkshire lass!)
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So I take it that the people that mention having several RS accounts also have the current accounts attached to them.
    In the main, for the best payers, yes.
  • colsten
    Options
    So I take it that the people that mention having several RS accounts also have the current accounts attached to them.
    It's the other way round - the current accounts are the pre-reqs for the RS accounts, so the latter are "attached". This doesn't mean that people have any money in all the pre-req accounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure