What is the Highest Interest Rate / Cashback / Rewards You Can Get?

Options

Comments

• Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    FrankRizzo wrote: »
    Wonder if other banks are going to follow suit?
    Apparently TSB are
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • Kendall80
    Kendall80 Posts: 965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Folks,

Just a quick note to let you know I have updated the first post in this thread because the Lloyds 4% regular saver has dropped its rate to 3% for new applicants. I have moved it into the 3% category and recalculated the interest figures using the calculator on Martin's regular saver page.

SS2

Thanks for noticing this. By chance I got mine in a few days before the change. Their site does say rates are fixed so I should get 4% for the duration. I think I will go elsewhere for the wifes new RS.
  • guitarman001
    guitarman001 Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    edited 15 June 2016 at 8:17AM
    Options
    If I got my brother to open a 123 account so I could put money in... would that be against the rules or anything??? Would it be some sort of fraud? Hope not! I've not done it yet but if it's all ok, I'd seriously consider this option.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If I got my brother to open a 123 account so I could put money in... would that be against the rules or anything??? Would it be some sort of fraud? Hope not! I've not done it yet but if it's all ok, I'd seriously consider this option.

It's not really fraud but it's then his money, if he decides to land spend it there's nothing you can do about it.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    It's not really fraud but it's then his money, if he decides to land spend it there's nothing you can do about it.
    Also, the interest earned would count as the brother's income,which may or may not be desirable.
  • guitarman001
    guitarman001 Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    Options
    It'd be desirable in my case as he doesn't work.
    Hmm, I think I trust him enough!
    Just figured out what to do with my money!
  • kingrulzuk
    kingrulzuk Posts: 1,330 Forumite
    Options

If you trust your brother then why not as its not fraud.
    What happens if you push this button?
  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    Options

If he doesn't work, is he on any means-tested benefits that could be affected if he has a lump sum in a bank account? Because for all purposes it will be legally his money. I don't know what thresholds might be, but it's worth checking.

Also bear in mind that even if he doesn't spend it or refuse to give it back, if anything happens to him like he goes bankrupt or dies it is legally his so could be taken by his creditors or used for funeral expenses payable by the estate. You will not have a claim on it.
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,407 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

TSB has gone ahead with the rate cut on their regular savings account (dropped from 5% to 2% for new applicants), so I have removed it from the first post of this thread and updated the amount of interest you can earn on accounts paying 5% accordingly.

SS2
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

TSB has gone ahead with the rate cut on their regular savings account (dropped from 5% to 2% for new applicants), so I have removed it from the first post of this thread and updated the amount of interest you can earn on accounts paying 5% accordingly.

SS2
    The 5% TSB contactless cashback runs until the end of September 2017 for new customers opening an account from June 1st, in case you want to update the OP. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure