Time to grow up.

Options

Comments

• thriftyandfabulous
    Options
    :rotfl:I think I would have done the same re the taxi and staying in bed a bit longer
    Vanquis 0/293.73, Capital One 0/177.95, Aqua 0/90.94, Grattan 0/600, JD Williams 0/701.50, Studio 0/77.50, Avant 0/2200, Mobile Money 0/2853.20 :eek::eek:DFD - June 2017
  • Kermie
    Kermie Posts: 63 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just a thought; if you know you're going to get cravings for Irn Bru and chocolate regularly, add those to your OH's supermarket shopping list and buy a 2l bottle and multi-pack of chocolate... it'll save you money.
    Or, if you want to drop the sweet treats, instead of buying bottled water, buy a filter bottle like a Bobble and fill from a tap. I've had one for a couple of years and I never buy bottled water now.
    SPC9 #499
    Extra payment every week
  • Megano
    Megano Posts: 324 Forumite
    Options
    Thats exactly how my text message from the OH started and finished with "but I seen a dyson hoover with £80 off so I bought it"..........
    This morning usual story. Didn't wake up on time therefore taxi £4.50 and then bought myself a payday treat of lunch at a pub costing a total of £7. Not a great day, not a bad day but still moving forward.

No overtime available at W1 and was doing my shift at W2 and felt really really sick so asked to be excused. Maybe there is such a thing as all work and no play. I think I just need a quiet night in, someone to stroke my hair and tell me everything is going to be alright.

I think Im in a few peoples bad books because Ive volunteered to work the whole of Christmas day ^well my work are only offering 1 Christmas day shift 9 - 5. No pro rata hours if your names on the list thats what your doing.^
    Im trying to say Im doing it for a father in my team as his name was down and mine wasnt, but honestly Im doing it for the double time.

Short post tonight I'm away to bed.
    Virgin Money £0/£1445
    TSB £0/£659.53
    BOM £0/£1480
    Tesco £8.36/£4647.26
    Total £8.36/£8231.79 0.101%
  • Megano
    Options
    We all know how the posts start. Alarm goes off at 6.30am and instead of phoning a taxi (we'll never know if the fare is going up to £5.50) I woke up the OH and said "If you love me you'll drive me to work"

and that's the last MSE thing I did all day.:A:rotfl::A:rotfl:
    After 3 cups of tea, the snoozy blues weren't leaving me so I had to get a bottle of juice a caramel but the vending thingy was never gave me any change £2.00 it was *I just released I'm cheaper using the vending thiny than going to the canteen*
    Realized I forgot my lunch quick dash to tes-cos which came to under £5.00. Next week Im on the back shift 2.30pm until 11pm so the OH is going to get me some ready meals to blast in the microwave.
    So Im sitting at lunch 11.59 I check the free cat lottery :o:o and there is my fluffy princess staring back at me I was like "OMG I won!!!" and then the clock turned to 12pm and another kitty was staring back at me something called Luka (who was cute, just not as cute as my fluffy princess)
    After religiously checking it and the selfie lottery everyday *which Im not sure about btw like all the "winners" have joined in a very short space of time from each other, still does'nt stop me checking. I use to do the free postcode lottery but I just found it so confusing. Check to see if you won the main jackpot or the stack jackpot or the jackpot jackpot*
    Meaning I screwed myself out of £10.00 because I never checked a website in the space of 24 hours.
    I also bought my little cheeky monkey (nephew) some sweets from the van it was worth it cause he hugged me said
    *nigin love oo* and what else is an aunty for than to bride her favorite person which chocolate, hugs and peppa pig.

HOWEVER the Christmas 16 fund is building up nicely. (So far made up of £2 coins and 20ps) so far we have £7.00 prepared which is £7.00 more than what we had prepared last year.
    Been looking into the sealed jar challenge. Is a sealed jar like those ones you need to break with a hammer that you see in clinton cards or it is like a jam jar?

Tonight we are having a flat date, going to see Specture. Its going to be fairly cheap because we all have cineworld cards then back to the flat to watch Sir Sugar fire someone else followed by Jessica Jones on netflix which has 2 of my favorite all time things David Tennant and mind control *TMI?!*
    Virgin Money £0/£1445
    TSB £0/£659.53
    BOM £0/£1480
    Tesco £8.36/£4647.26
  • thriftyandfabulous
    Options
    I don't understand the postcode lottery either :rotfl:. Well done on the Christmas fund
    Vanquis 0/293.73, Capital One 0/177.95, Aqua 0/90.94, Grattan 0/600, JD Williams 0/701.50, Studio 0/77.50, Avant 0/2200, Mobile Money 0/2853.20 :eek::eek:DFD - June 2017
  • belleandthebudget
    Options
    Sounds like a great night! I've been loving Jessica Jones but I'm only halfway through and feel like I need to get the season finished before someone spoils me, haha!
  • Megano
    Options
    NSD days are pretty pants arnt they? I guess the problem living so close to the city is even if you nip in to a newsagents your likely to buy SOMETHING. You may not want, need it but you'll buy it anyway *or is that just me when it comes to fizzy juice and caramels?!*
    So all day Ive spent in the flat on the sofa watching Jessica Jones whilst the OH worked from home, followed by a shift at W2.
    I know its myself that got me into this situation but Im just feeling so down heartened its seems like all it is is work, work, work, work.
    Maybe its the fact I wasn't about to make an over payment to the credit card. Like yeah I cleared most of the "!!!!!!" debts off but they weren't likely to charge me interest. I guess I just want to see in black in white that its making a difference.
    You know Grand Designs where they have huge open areas well it kind of reminds me of the flat. The living room is all open to the hallway. Not a single door in sight what they don't tell you when you only have one (may I also add crappy storage heater which can only blast heat like one of those little portable ones) you need to have the heating on ALL the time plus in the living room we have a balcony which every time it rains heavily it leaks. Ive been onto the landlord ever since we moved in yet nothing seems to be getting fix.
    Anyway back to my rant we had a flat meeting about the heat in the living room (both our rooms have heaters as well its not like 1 heater to heat them all:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:) and FM was saying it reminds her of Peru where its too cold so they have millions of blankets. Maybe until Winter is over (who am I kidding? I live in Scotland its always winter.) I should introduce myself to the "star jumps for body heat", the "put a jumper on it" or the "do it like Peru" movement.
    Next time I move Im getting gas central heating. Mind you I use to live in a flat that had no heating at all so you would have to use a plus in storage heater.
    Virgin Money £0/£1445
    TSB £0/£659.53
    BOM £0/£1480
    Tesco £8.36/£4647.26
  • Megano
    Options
    Yesterday I had to "borrow" £5 from the Christmas fund as I had misplaced my bank card. Even though I had made my pack lunch with 3 sandwiches like the little piggy I am I ate them all so when "lunchtime" came round at 7.30 I was starving so a quick dash to tescos and got a pot noodle.
    This morning I was like "Okay Megano" lets start off on the right foot. I had a hospital appointment at the shrinks, went to the bus stop and the service had stopped going that route. #Raging. So needed to get a taxi because of all the crappy weather all the private hire taxis were busy so I had to call Glasgow Taxi's (black hackney things) and it costs me £11.15 to get across the city :eek::eek::eek: the good news is after 4 years of CBT. I have finally been discharged.
    Im so nervous, terrified, happy, relived because I had moved out the local area if I do get sick again I'll need to be referred back to my GP and get a new one (which is a shame as my current one knows everything and everyone) but if ifs and buts where coconuts we would all have fruit salad.
    Its really weird after my aunt died I use to be terrified to go to sleep in case I died and I would have the worst panic attacks ever. I honestly thought I was dying or I should be in some mental health ward but after doing the CBT training I was diagnosed with OCD. I'll never have "full" control over it but at least its no longer controlling me.
    Then I had a "congratulations for being you" lunch at the local cafe. My favorite Stew and coconut rice and a can of irn bru for £10.15.

Some folk would say what a waste I say its well earned.
    W1 have also made a payment of £125 into my bank so at least I can contribute something to the xmas fund and we are finding out if we've been made permanent. Little worried because my TL isnt my biggest fan but I know Ive done my job well, done overtime when need be, offered to do shift swaps for people, calls customers back when said so, so I guess its just a case of waiting and seeing.
    Who knows the next time I post I might be a permanent employee of XXX.
    Virgin Money £0/£1445
    TSB £0/£659.53
    BOM £0/£1480
    Tesco £8.36/£4647.26
  • Willowpop
    Willowpop Posts: 856 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have my fingers firmly crossed that you get the news about your job becomes permanent. Do let us know!
    PAYDBX 2016 #55 100% paid! :j Officially bad debt free...don't count my mortgage.
    Now to start saving...it's a whole new world!!
  • Megano
    Options
    Drum roll please....*insert drum roll here*

My probation got extended only by two weeks at W1, a little bit of bad luck. In order to get signed off two calls at random had to get marked and both calls were absolute screamers. I could have offered to end world hunger, cure all diseases known to man, built a statue in there honor and still these customers wouldn't have been happy *when someone starts shouting at you down the phone as soon as you answer you know your off to a bad start* but its only two weeks, and I think most folk have it extended for different reasons. Ive been really keeping my head down at work, asking customers to fill in the text survey when they get them. Ive got great examples of calls so Im 65-80% sure I will be made permanent before Christmas.:D:D
    In other news RIP to the Christmas fund which has taught me I need to get one of those sealed banks (you know the ones you literally need to smash) going forward. I was looking at the "save a £1 a day" thread however the OH isnt really keen so we've agreed £20 a month each and £2 pound coins.
    I started my spending dairy for the past two days and Im honestly shocked! in 2 DAYS Ive spent £6.55 on juice and chocolate:eek::eek::eek: (my willpower is so weak) and yesterday I spent £13.26 in te-scos (This does include 3 advent calendars, lunch and some team snacks for work) *All scanned for and uploaded onto shop and scan*
    At the beginning of the month I was like okay Megano you have a spending allowance of £50.00 a week and 3 days in Ive already spent £41.11 (£11.16 of that was the taxi) but still. Ive got to remember this is baby steps. You dont buy a paid of trainers and run a marathon without training so I need to give myself a bit of a break. Onwards and upwards.

I have a plan! Ive booked a date the beast *which Im dreading since Ive taken part in the junk food diet* junk food + cross fit = an hour of torture espically the on the minute every minute circuit Jesus that's awful. I HATE it.
    I NEED to give up the fizzy juice and the chocolate and like any addiction I think I need to go cold turkey. Goodbye Irn Bru! Goodbye Caramel! I will mourn you. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My old employer is looking for staff again and the OH isnt keen. I was like OH! The lines are open 24 hours a day! Its a zero hours contract! I can do it before W1 and W2. If I earn £5 a day that will be an extra £50per month I can clear stuff off even quicker! *or drown myself in fizzy juice*
    but hes not too keen, its not a case of the OH being controlling before I dated him I was a "telephone actress for adults" which was fine did'nt bother me at all and I was GREAT at my job (there was some tears from my mum when she found out. Your nothing but a hooker over a phone. I was like MUM. I dont even SEE these people. I give a false name, false location, for god sake they think Im a size 10 blonde!:rotfl:), but then when I met the OH I just felt seedy and it turned into chore.
    I keep toying with the idea espically since the OT at W1 has died down because of the recruitment drive, and with W2 Im only allowed to work evenings and weekends (which is really annoying when Im finishing at 11pm this week at W1 :mad::mad::mad:)
    Virgin Money £0/£1445
    TSB £0/£659.53
    BOM £0/£1480
    Tesco £8.36/£4647.26
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts