Add your feedback on energy supplier So Energy

Options

Comments

• imaxcon
    Options
    So far my experience has been extremely poor. Moved in Aug 20 from EDF. Continuing problems with estimated electricity readings although we have Smets2 meters. So Energy fail to reply to emails and despite numerous phone calls have failed to resolve the issue. This has been raised as a formal complaint - informed manager would get back to me within 24 hours - nothing happened. Discussions with metering team and customer service has not resolved the issue despite assurances that a reboot through DCC should resolve the matter. Again So Energy failed to respond to email requesting update. Finally advised today, 24 Nov, that they will send an engineer but not until 10 Dec despite my requesting site visit at earlier stage. Staff are unfailingly pleasant but do not appear to be empowered or given sufficient support to resolve issues at an early stage. Incidentally I had no problems on a previous smart meter switch to EDF - perhaps So Energy are just not set up to deal with the complexity of smart meters at this stage.
  • So_Energy
    So_Energy Posts: 47 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    imaxcon said:
    So far my experience has been extremely poor. Moved in Aug 20 from EDF. Continuing problems with estimated electricity readings although we have Smets2 meters. So Energy fail to reply to emails and despite numerous phone calls have failed to resolve the issue. This has been raised as a formal complaint - informed manager would get back to me within 24 hours - nothing happened. Discussions with metering team and customer service has not resolved the issue despite assurances that a reboot through DCC should resolve the matter. Again So Energy failed to respond to email requesting update. Finally advised today, 24 Nov, that they will send an engineer but not until 10 Dec despite my requesting site visit at earlier stage. Staff are unfailingly pleasant but do not appear to be empowered or given sufficient support to resolve issues at an early stage. Incidentally I had no problems on a previous smart meter switch to EDF - perhaps So Energy are just not set up to deal with the complexity of smart meters at this stage.

Hello imaxcon

Thank you for your message.

I would like to apologise for your experience with So Energy. We’re currently receiving a high number of calls and all are trying our best to respond to as quickly as possible. We are also in the process of recruiting more staff to ensure we can help our customers in a timely manner.

The metering team would have attempted the reboot first with the aim of resolving the issue, however sadly that didn’t work. Therefore, an appointment was needed and the timescale for booking a metering appointment depends on the third party we use and their availability - this would have been their earliest booking slot.

I appreciate this is quite frustrating and our complaints team are trying to respond to all their queries as quickly as possible. The complaint handler will consider the inconvenience caused and hopefully you both reach a satisfactory outcome.

I do hope this get resolved for you and thank you for your patience with us.

Thanks

Jas

So Energy Team

Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of So Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Nozz
    Nozz Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't know why they are so proud of their customer service, I have been trying to get my meter fixed since the beginning of February and despite numerous phone calls and emails, nothing has been done. I would not recommend them to anyone. This is the first time I have ever had an issue with an energy company and I have been with N Power! Shocking service and I will be leaving them and not returning.
  • So_Energy
    edited 24 May 2021 at 10:27AM
    Options
    Nozz said:
    I don't know why they are so proud of their customer service, I have been trying to get my meter fixed since the beginning of February and despite numerous phone calls and emails, nothing has been done. I would not recommend them to anyone. This is the first time I have ever had an issue with an energy company and I have been with N Power! Shocking service and I will be leaving them and not returning.
    Hello Nozz, 

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review for us. 

I'd like to apologise on behalf of So Energy for the customer service you have experienced whilst on supply with us. 

We always try to resolve customer issues as quickly as possible for them, however our Metering team are currently heavily backlogged meaning that it is taking longer than usual to look into metering issues. 

Were you able to send an email to us at complaints@so.energy at all? As we'd love to be able to look into this for you and resolve the issue. 

Thanks

Eugene 
    So Energy Team
    I am the official company representative of So Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Nozz
    Nozz Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So_Energy said:
    Nozz said:
    Hello Nozz, 

I'd like to apologise on behalf of So Energy for the customer service you have experienced whilst on supply with us. 

We always try to resolve customer issues as quickly as possible for them, however our Metering team are currently heavily backlogged meaning that it is taking longer than usual to look into metering issues. 

Were you able to send an email to us at complaints@so.energy at all? As we'd love to be able to look into this for you and resolve the issue. 

Thanks

Eugene 
    So Energy Team
    Hello Eugene,
    I wrote to complaints@ on the 17 May and still haven't had a reply. I received a reply from help@ on the 21st after emailing them on the 10th. They then asked for a photo of my meter that I had already sent in February.
    "...taking longer than usual..." shouldn't mean nearly 4 MONTHS when I cannot give a new company a genuine meter reading as it hasn't moved since November. My tariff ends on 2 June and I would like my meter fixed before then.
    Thanks.

• Librarylottie
    Options
    I've been with So Energy for a number of years and have always been impressed with their customer service until Covid 19 prevented the exchange of my gas meter as an engineer came to the house but wasn't able to risk coming in as my husband was still suffering from the symptoms of the virus. Since then I have had in excess of 20 emails and numerous phone calls to try and get this sorted. I have had 3 new meters fitted now, the last fitted on May 13th but when I attempted to send my meter readings last week the gas was still not accepted as it was showing a number lower than the previous reading due to being a new meter. The engineer took photos and said he would send to So Energy in order for them to update their records as the meters are in the cellar and he felt the gas meter may not have sufficient signal to send directly but would need me to read it manually - which is what I did. I am now out of contract and worried I shall be charged as a result. I saw this comment so thought I would add my experience. Although waiting since January 2020 for this to be sorted, my earlier experience of So Energy is keeping me persevering - so far!!
    librarylottie
  • So_Energy
    Options
    I've been with So Energy for a number of years and have always been impressed with their customer service until Covid 19 prevented the exchange of my gas meter as an engineer came to the house but wasn't able to risk coming in as my husband was still suffering from the symptoms of the virus. Since then I have had in excess of 20 emails and numerous phone calls to try and get this sorted. I have had 3 new meters fitted now, the last fitted on May 13th but when I attempted to send my meter readings last week the gas was still not accepted as it was showing a number lower than the previous reading due to being a new meter. The engineer took photos and said he would send to So Energy in order for them to update their records as the meters are in the cellar and he felt the gas meter may not have sufficient signal to send directly but would need me to read it manually - which is what I did. I am now out of contract and worried I shall be charged as a result. I saw this comment so thought I would add my experience. Although waiting since January 2020 for this to be sorted, my earlier experience of So Energy is keeping me persevering - so far!!
    Hello Librarylottie, 

I am sorry to hear of your experience regarding your meter installation; I am glad that a new one was successfully installed very recently and hopefully this one should function correctly for you.

Please note that the reason you currently cannot submit your readings will be because when a meter exchange happens, it takes a few weeks for the meter technical details to be updated. 

As the engineer who had fit your meter sent through photos of the meter exchange, we will receive the necessary details once they have been accepted by Central Industry. 

Then we will be able to update our records and you will be able to submit your meter readings as normal going forwards. 

Please note, you will be able to renew onto our current fixed-rate tariff whilst the meter technical details are still being sent to us; you can do this through your online account.

Alternatively, please email us at help@so.energy so that we can look into a renewal for you whilst the meter technical details are being updated for you. 

Thanks

Eugene
    So Energy Team
  • So_Energy
    Options
    Nozz said:
    So_Energy said:
    Nozz said:
    Hello Nozz, 

Thanks

Eugene 
    So Energy Team
    Hello Eugene,
    I wrote to complaints@ on the 17 May and still haven't had a reply. I received a reply from help@ on the 21st after emailing them on the 10th. They then asked for a photo of my meter that I had already sent in February.
    "...taking longer than usual..." shouldn't mean nearly 4 MONTHS when I cannot give a new company a genuine meter reading as it hasn't moved since November. My tariff ends on 2 June and I would like my meter fixed before then.
    Thanks.

Hello Nozz,

I'm really sorry that no one has gotten back to your email and you've had this experience with us. 

Would it be possible for you to send over your query to us again at complaints@so.energy? So that we can follow this up and look into this further, as we would like to be able to resolve this for you. 

Thanks

Eugene
    So Energy Team
  • Cavallomarino
    Options
    My switch from British Gas to So energy was terrible and left me with a huge bill with British Gas because the gas switch was actually done a month after the electric. I kept in touch with them by phone and emails and let them know that after 31st March BB would put me on a standard plan and I could not do anything because By then I didn’t know what to do! Electric with So energy and the gas ….I still don’t know what I could have done! All I know is that because of their incompetence I now have a big bill with BB!
  • So_Energy
    edited 3 June 2021 at 2:14PM
    Options
    My switch from British Gas to So energy was terrible and left me with a huge bill with British Gas because the gas switch was actually done a month after the electric. I kept in touch with them by phone and emails and let them know that after 31st March BB would put me on a standard plan and I could not do anything because By then I didn’t know what to do! Electric with So energy and the gas ….I still don’t know what I could have done! All I know is that because of their incompetence I now have a big bill with BB!
    Hello Cavallomarino,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am sorry to hear you have had difficulty regarding your switch to us.

I would like to get this resolved for you, so if you please email us at complaints@so.energy with your account details, I can take a look into this further.

Thanks

Eugene
    So Energy Team
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback