Who's ever won a holiday? Where to?!

Options

Comments

• joho
    joho Posts: 4,608 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I won an all-inclusive, 'luxury' mini cruise from Newcastle to Amsterdam...........for 10 people.
    If you have nothing constructive to say just move along.
  • LeanneR
    LeanneR Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    What's everyone's secret? Been comping every day for years now and I've never managed to win a holiday. Have won some short hotel breaks though (in the Scotland). Is it best to enter competitions that require effort?
  • izbiz88
    izbiz88 Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    Absolutely loved reading all of those - you lucky ducks!! I'd be interested to hear how long all of you have been comping too :)

I won 5 nights in Mauritius last year to watch the inaugural Afrasia Bank Mauritius Open. It was absolutely amazing and I had only been comping for a couple of months when I won.

I've also just recently won two nights plus dinner in a hotel in Devon :)

Thank you to everyone that posts, you're all amazing and good luck to those who haven't won a comp yet! Xxx
  • TravelExplorer1001
    Options
    I have won 2 x Trips to New York
    1 x Holiday to Spain
    1 x Holiday to Ireland
    Lots of UK Short Breaks
    1 x Trip to Disneyland Paris

But my absolute fave was a family holiday to Los Angeles to meet David Beckham!
  • catz747
    catz747 Posts: 20,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 20 June 2016 at 8:02PM
    Options
    We were lucky enough to win £2k holiday vouchers with no or very long expiry and £1k spending money so we waited til the kids were two and a half and went to Disney with £1k and the other £1k we put towards Spain another year! :D

Also won a couple of nights in a posh hotel in the lakes, that was lovely, felt a bit out of place though :D

Went to Disney again this year with the £2k my husband won last year.

Haven't won much in ages, must be due something!
  • misschatterbox
    Options
    I've won holidays over the last I'd say 8 years to New York, Sardinia, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Berlin, London, 2x Jurys Inn hotel vouchers, Greece for the Olympics.

Trying to win this years one lol. Good luck everyone x
  • emmedi
    emmedi Posts: 3,311 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A couple of years ago I won a break to the Fringe Festival in Edinburgh, and a couple of months ago I won a 2 night b&b of choice and went to Brighton :)

Good luck everyone x
    2017 wins over £50: Yorkshire break, Tefal Actifry
  • vpeake
    vpeake Posts: 463 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2016 at 12:57PM
    Options
    i won a holiday to paris in november with icelolly/ann summers. We went in May and it was very lovely :)

I signed up for a newsletter and won it that way. I'd never won a holiday before, though i had won a hotel stay in london before. I'd been comping off and on for about 3 years when i won.
    :j:j:j
  • FITZSURF
    FITZSURF Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've won following trips in just over 4 years:

1. Return flights 1 week ski holiday for two to Austria staying half board in hotel, value £2,000 (from Teletext Holidays)

2. Return flights and 4 nights in Houston, Texas to watch WWE Survivor wrestling, plus $500 cash, value approx £3,000 (Sky)

3. Travel plus 1 night in 5 star London hotel, reception plus workshop with actors, writers producers, including meeting Sean Evans (young Morse in Endeavour), value approx £1,000 (ITV mystery drama)
  • DavidHolland3103
    DavidHolland3103 Posts: 5,667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    1) 10 day trip to Australia over New Years, with tickets to all days of the 4th Ashes Test.

2) 7 day trip in a 5 star Hilton Hotel in Sorrento, with flights, hire car and £500 spending money

3) A 10 day trip to Curacao including flights, accomodation (again in a posh Hilton hotel) and car hire, with £250 spending money.

I've also won a week at Bluestone Park, a week in a spa hotel in the Peak District and some other nights away etc :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure