Urgent help - very worried

Options

Comments

• pandas66
    pandas66 Posts: 18,811 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with the above of proof of payment.

The CSA are a time wasting emotionally inept organisation. I wish you and your family well Becles.

I have given up with the CSA entirely now as 2 years ago our case was closed due to ex emigrating, he has since returned. I cannot go through the hoops again as it starts with me and ends with me being cast as the 'detective on his finances'
    If they want to persue him and get the arrears of £6/7/8k (can't remember) and pitancly weekly payment of £5 then they are welcome to it.
    Panda xx

:Tg :jo:Dn ;)e:Dn;)o:jw :T :eek:

missing kipper No 2.....:cool:
  • kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, a while back I suggested trying to track down the payment slips - they are obtained by the Benefits Office on a regular basis for proof of fraud so they are available. You need to find out how you can get copies of your payment slips. Then you can photocopy them and provide evidence to the CSA so that they can offset them against the arrears they say you owe. Do this asap!!!!
  • skibadee
    skibadee Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Options
    becles,
    know exactly what your going through similar thing has just happened to us re my husbands children with ex....he's slammed with a deduction of earnings of £577 a month.......aptly because he's been non-compliant as he didn't reply to mail they'd sent......we've received nothing until this...they told us deductions would be made from 9/11/07....husband got paid on 7/11/07 and they'd deducted the full £577........its very difficult to get deduction of earnings stopped......we have complained via their complaints department on their website and wrote and complained [ we have taken advice from our MP too ] we had a phone call other evening from a almost human lady from csa [ a rareity ] she is actually looking into getting a departure from original assessment.....like you we are financially in the ****
    we agree children must be financially maintained.....but at a amount that does not cause the nrp and his partner/family to be living below the poverty level.....from their calculations it costs more to keep 2 children than it does two adults
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Fran wrote: »
    It sounds like you haven't got some effective 'force' working for you; get on to MP again also the woman who said she'd give you a breakdown (was this the 'higher up' one? -

It was the "higher up" woman who has slapped the deduction of earnings order on him. That's what has annoyed us most, as she was so chatty and helpful initially and she had accepted the £16 a week offer, but she has changed her mind for reasons unknown to us, and decided it's £101 a week out of his wages.

The MP hasn't been much use to be honest. It's not him direct I'm speaking to. It all has to go through his parlimentary assistant, and it's like chinese whispers at times :(
    skibadee wrote:
    we agree children must be financially maintained.....but at a amount that does not cause the nrp and his partner/family to be living below the poverty level

It would be easier to take if we knew a child was going to benefit from the money paid. However we have been told that the mother will not see a penny of it. It's a debt owed to the Secretary of State(?) as the mother was on benefits when she lived here.

I've managed to get a loan in my name only. I can borrow £1800 over 5 years and repayments are £46 a month which we can afford. Once I get the cash from the loan, I'll get hubby to ring up and just pay them off, then hopefully they will leave us alone.

Getting them off our backs and getting the deduction of earnings order sorted is my main priority so we still have enough money coming in to provide for our 3 children. Once that is removed, we can concentrate on trying to get evidence that the missing payments have been made.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • kelloggs36
    Options
    But don't let it go then - if you pay up and then fight it you may find that they have to refund you!
  • Becles
    Options
    I got the loan money through, so I have paid the CSA in full now.

Hubby said he wants to draw a line under the whole thing and just forget about it now. Hopefully we'll never have to deal with them ever again.

Thanks everyone for all the help in this thread. It's been a complete nightmare, and it feels like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders now we've got rid of them.
  • kelloggs36
    Options
    Good luck Beccles!
  • NAR
    NAR Posts: 4,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Becles wrote: »
    Hubby said he wants to draw a line under the whole thing and just forget about it now. Hopefully we'll never have to deal with them ever again.
    But why if it is wrong? :confused: Go to the post office where the payments were made and speak to the manager - ask him how to track the slips and let him know that you are aware they have to keep all slips for 6 years before destroying them.
    Or has hubby perhaps been fibbing to you?
  • kelloggs36
    Options
    I totally agree - you won't be being stressed out by the CSA and have EVERYTHING to gain from taking a bit of time to do this.
  • Becles
    Options
    Hubby doesn't want to go any further with it, so I have to respect his decision to draw a line under the whole thing and forget about it.

I would persue it further if it was my problem, but I can't do anything more if he has said not to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport