Urgent help - very worried

Options
14567810»

Comments

• skibadee
    skibadee Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Options
    yes its amazing how conveniently they loose things at the CSA....my husband requested copies of letters they say have sent which we did not receive....but hey ho firstly they couldn't trace them, and then....bearing in mind he asked for them in their original format ie, date and address sent to.....we receive a copy of one aptly sent in june 2004...to our current address...uummmm.....our house wasn't even built then!!

becles.......I know you've cleared CSA with loan...but in the new year make it your resolution to question and fight them .
    We intend to fight them all the way......not because my husband disagrees with paying maintenace....but because we....along with thousands of others....disagree with the way the assessment has been calculated, have never received correspondance from them they say they've sent, and because one of the supervisors I spoke to there..think her name was Lorna...was completely rude....even when I was trying to explain to her that I am currently in remission from cancer and as they'd assessed my husband as a single person the amount of money left was too low for me to maintain a healthy diet and was possibly going to put my health at risk.

One thing I'd like to add is.....people always seem to assume that when the NRP is a man its their fault for the break up of the relationship/marriage and that they are trying to avoid maintaing their children......this is not always the case, there are cases.....such as my husbands...where the PWC has decided the grass may be greener on the other side and left to find out, taking the children with them hence depriving the children of their father and vice versa......I don't think anyone should be judged without the full facts being known.....but unfortunately as a human race we tend to do this
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    skibadee wrote: »
    One thing I'd like to add is.....people always seem to assume that when the NRP is a man its their fault for the break up of the relationship/marriage and that they are trying to avoid maintaing their children......this is not always the case, there are cases.....such as my husbands...where the PWC has decided the grass may be greener on the other side and left to find out, taking the children with them hence depriving the children of their father and vice versa......I don't think anyone should be judged without the full facts being known.....but unfortunately as a human race we tend to do this

This is similar to what happened to hubby. The lady was a single parent on benefits when he met her. She accidentally fell pregnant and then broke up with him, and he's never been allowed to have any contact at all with the child.

He feels he was used as a sperm donor because you get more benefits for two children than one child.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    skibadee wrote: »
    we receive a copy of one aptly sent in june 2004...to our current address...uummmm.....our house wasn't even built then!!
    That is both hilarious and horrendous at the same time!
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport