Flight Cancelled twice CityJet (Booked on LastMinute)

Hi,

I booked a return flight From London -> Nantes -> London. The trip occured 2 weeks ago and upon the return (1st of November) the flight was cancelled. I immediately requested a refund to CityJet and they told me they couldn't see the pricing of the ticket since I booked on LastMinute, all I could personally see as well is the total price. So I proceeded with accepting the alternative flight which was NEXT day (they offered zero compensation, hotel, food, nothing), lo and behold it was cancelled again, so I had to make last minute plans and buy an extremely expensive train tickets to get back to London and not get fired from my job pretty much.

So, either way I requested a refund through their online form and they told me it was denied and I need to contact the place I bought my tickets from. However this is what is stated on LastMinute's FAQ:

"f your Flight is delayed or cancelled, you may have rights to a refund and/or compensation from the airline under European Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 (the Denied Boarding Regulation) or other equivalent or replacement legislation. This however, is the responsibility of the airline and we are not liable under any circumstances. If your Flight is delayed or cancelled any claims for refunds or compensation must be made directly to the airline."

So... What the hell am I supposed to do? Who ultimately is responsible here?

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The airline is the responsible party here, no arguments. Late cancellation two days in a row would not encourage anyone, 250 Euros seems to be the right figure in this case for cancellation but they are also had a duty of care to look after you so make sure you add the receipts for hotel and food to your expectations
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sptz wrote: »
    Hi,

I booked a return flight From London -> Nantes -> London. The trip occured 2 weeks ago and upon the return (1st of November) the flight was cancelled. I immediately requested a refund to CityJet and they told me they couldn't see the pricing of the ticket since I booked on LastMinute, all I could personally see as well is the total price. So I proceeded with accepting the alternative flight which was NEXT day (they offered zero compensation, hotel, food, nothing), lo and behold it was cancelled again, so I had to make last minute plans and buy an extremely expensive train tickets to get back to London and not get fired from my job pretty much.

So, either way I requested a refund through their online form and they told me it was denied and I need to contact the place I bought my tickets from. However this is what is stated on LastMinute's FAQ:

"f your Flight is delayed or cancelled, you may have rights to a refund and/or compensation from the airline under European Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 (the Denied Boarding Regulation) or other equivalent or replacement legislation. This however, is the responsibility of the airline and we are not liable under any circumstances. If your Flight is delayed or cancelled any claims for refunds or compensation must be made directly to the airline."

So... What the hell am I supposed to do? Who ultimately is responsible here?

Before progressing was this part of the fog cancellations last week ?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    edited 10 November 2015 at 2:21PM
    looking at the LCY arrivals on both the 1st and 2nd....not all flights show the actual times on flightstats but the majority of flights were cancelled on these dates with a number showing delays
    I expect this will be down to weather or at least ATC due to the weather which would mean EU261 compensation does not apply however I would expect you to have a refund of the unused portion of your ticket and reimbursement of accommodation, food etc between the initial cancelled flight and the next day (duty of care applies even though weather)

looks like City Airport was closed http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/fog-hits-uk-travel-british-airways-cancels-100-flights-and-other-airlines-grounded-at-heathrow-a6717386.html
  • Sptz
    Sptz Posts: 19 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    k3lvc wrote: »
    Before progressing was this part of the fog cancellations last week ?

Yes, it was.
  • Sptz
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    looking at the LCY arrivals on both the 1st and 2nd....not all flights show the actual times on flightstats but the majority of flights were cancelled on these dates with a number showing delays
    I expect this will be down to weather or at least ATC due to the weather which would mean EU261 compensation does not apply however I would expect you to have a refund of the unused portion of your ticket and reimbursement of accommodation, food etc between the initial cancelled flight and the next day (duty of care applies even though weather)

City Jet offered the option of refund or going in the next day flight. Though they could not refund me as they couldn't see how much I paid for the ticket, neither could I.

LastMinute just replied to me saying the ticket was booked through Bravo Fly which is a partner of theirs and that I need to speak with them.....

Which would be the correct option here? Pursuing with Bravo Fly or insisting with City Jet?
  • Caz3121
    Yes, it was.

If Cityjet cannot process the refund of the unused flight you will need to get Lastminute/Bravofly to intervene
    Accommodation and meals claim direct from the airline
    might be worth checking your travel insurance to see if they would cover the train cost
    EU261 compensation (€250) does not apply
  • Sptz
    This is the e-mail I've just received from Bravo Fly customer rep:

"Dear Pedro Teixeira,

Thank you for emailing us,

We recorded your cancellation request into the system.

As the soonest we receive any massive communication from the Airline company, we will contact you back.

Thank you for using our service.

Best Regards,
    Moufida Mazni

Customer Service Team
    lastminute.com - Bravofly - Rumbo - Volagratis"

"Any massive communication from the Airline Company" what?
  • Caz3121
    We recorded your cancellation request into the system.
    hopefully they will match up that this was for a cancelled flight, otherwise I suspect you will get a "sorry ticket is non-refundable" back
    Worth reading up on Bravofly....not got the best reputation
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Bravofly is a waste of time but so will be claiming EU261 compensation if the sole reason for the cancellation of the flights due to fog. The claim is against the airline but only for your out of pocket expenses, one of the risks of flying out of LCY during the winter
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Did cityjet offer to re-route you on an easyJet flight to gatwick?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure